Growing in refridgerators

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Green Goblin, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

When I moved to Alaska one of my biggest problems was keeping my grow warm, so I assembled a 3 fridge setup with one fan with ability to discharge or recirculate air based on a tstat. Both fridges on the right had 250w HPS lamps in cool tubes of my own making. The plants were roughly 2" from the bulbs. The one on the left was a veg chamber on bottom and cloning trays in top.

Happy Growin' :pimp:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg w

Happy Growin' :pimp:

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Almost makes me sad I retired the frankenfridge....almost. Nice looking work there Gobby.

3. Green Goblin

I only miss the stealth aspects, not because of hiding, but I like cloak n dagger

IT CAN BE DONE! :pimp:

4. That's a neat setup you got their mate, just wondering if it is possible with the stealth option. That would be really great.

5. Green Goblin

Possible? What's more stealth than 3 junk refrigerators is the garage of a refrigeration mechanic? :roll:

I may have misunderstood...what level of stealth are you referring to?

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I've often thought of you when I saw an old fridge sitting around GG. Many times thought about making my own too, but never did. I still think it's an excellent idea for those looking for a stealth setup though. There are many benefits indeed. I still have yet to figure out how to mask the sound of the fan pulling air though. That's been the toughest hurdle I have yet to conquer.

7. Green Goblin

You need a sound trap and air velocities under 800fpm in hard duct (600fpm in flexible duct) and face velocities at registers and grilles less than 500fpm

Silence is golden :pimp:

image.jpeg

HeadCase likes this.
  8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sweet I spent over$100 for a muffler but l like your design-Bud

9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Very nice my friend...I prob would of cussed up a storm making something like that and it wouldn't of looked 1/2 as good.

10. Green Goblin

Whoa whoa, not mine, just a pic of one...sorry I shoulda specified

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

LOL...I just use an air purifier in the room....it masks the sounds quite nicely and cleans the air too! :beerchug: