Hank Outdoor 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Hank Chinaski, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Hey y’all, long time no see.

I stopped the indoor growing due to an unfortunate arrest. The year following that, I grew outdoors, but last year I had to abort due to a dodgy friend who has since been jettisoned.

I’m telling absolutely no one, so this is my sole place to share my activities.

Cheers.

Germinating my seeds in wet newspaper. Gonna transfer some to pots tomorrow.

D7DBD702-F577-4BC2-82B4-6A5FF93B9C80.jpeg

Discorilla likes this.
  2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Welcome back Hank I just started growing a couple months ago myself-Bud

Hank Chinaski likes this.
  3. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Welcome back

I'm about 4 months in to my restart as well :bigok:

Happy Growin' :pimp:

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Hanks back....was wondering what happened to you. Sorry to hear you got popped. That could not have been good where you live. TMG

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

welcome back. good luck on the grow.

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

No, it sucked, but Japan’s rep is apparently worse than the reality. A first bust if it’s not for sales gets a suspended sentence, it seems. They couldn’t prove sales, so it was possession and cultivation. Did 6 weeks at the cop shop, then got 3 years, suspended for 4 at court. Then, because I’m not a citizen had a year long immigration investigation, but was allowed to stay. Huge amount of stress for family. Now that it’s happened I’ve become a bit of a cannabis law reform activist in Japan supporting the small movement that exists and talking/trying to educate people about cannabis every chance I get.

An American guy got busted and snitched me out. I should have been able to avoid any trouble, but I was stupid.

7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Good to have you back safe bro!

8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Seems a few of us are back in the saddle these days. Welcome back to the fun that never ends and ALWAYS remember rule #1....'Tell no one'.....loose lips sink ships! :ignore:

9. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Glad your back at it Hank.
    Welcome Back

10. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

So, this is a method I came up with a couple years ago and have used a 2 or 3 times. Someone else has probably done it elsewhere, but I never heard about it.

Instead of digging holes, I mix some dirt and ferts and water polymers together and fill up sandbags with it. All I do then is carry the bag in and lay it right on the ground. Cut open a hole and plug in the seedling.

Saves a lot of time and effort on site. In and out quick. Can be used in areas with not so good soil. The bag presses down the vegetation and gives the plants an initial height boost of about eight inches. The water polymers keep the plants from drying out until the roots can establish capillary contact with the ground, which they are able to do, because the bags are plastic mesh.

FB68F67A-5E91-4038-A80F-517E393C7C02.jpeg

Soil, fertilizer with microbes, seed meal/lime combo, and my homemade tomato fertilizer.

8507043D-675F-4FD9-8B34-206A7F9FC05E.jpeg

Water polymers.

DB7F19E1-87F0-427C-814E-AC63BAF844A3.jpeg

1E668BC8-9A3B-46AA-8F73-C80C4CF2843E.jpeg

I usually plug in 2 or 3 plants per bag in the first week of June when the rainy season starts. Then, I only check them once a month til harvest.

206D059A-E382-4299-A6F0-DE9221D4C483.jpeg

I’ve got 14 seedlings stashed and waiting outside by where I’m working in a fairly remote mountain area.

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Hank nice to have you back man! Looking forward to your grow.

12. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Great idea Hank! :idea:

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Finally get to do an update. Before when I used this method I only checked the plants like once a month. The emphasis here is on stealth, so I keep the visits to a minimum.

It’s been 7 weeks since I transplanted to these 3 locations. I finally got to check them today. I put them in the mountain by where I was working, but I was cut by my old boss, so I had to grin and bear it, stay on good terms with the old dickhead, and create a good reason to be going out there once in a while.

I had to put them out a couple week earlier than I had planned, so the plants were still really small and there’s lots of hares and boar out there, so I was really worried, but all 3 sites looked fine. They’re all like 3 or 4 feet tall now.

E3A01376-34CE-477C-8D7E-5F4AD47DB7D3.jpeg

Site #1 looking pretty good. Tucked back in among some really tall tufts of grass. Very hidden, but open enough to get enough light. Underlying soil is very poor, so the fertilizer I mixed in will be pretty much all the vitamins they get.

F0BDC977-459A-495C-BAAC-37EFECB853C2.jpeg

Site #2, I put 2 bags here I think. This site has a good, concealed access and great sunlight. Again, unfortunately the underlying soil is poor, but the bag method should work for me.

CC305EE7-B015-47C9-BD57-A3E1AD9B6F76.jpeg

Here you can see 6 stems or so coming out of the mesh bag. When I did it before I got some big plants and some small plants. They are kind of crammed in there, so it’s survival of the fittest.

EEE1615E-1FF0-4FC6-8548-633DE7C49A50.jpeg

Site #3, plants got their growth spurt and jumped up above the bamboo grass, which won’t get any taller than it is now. Unfortunately, some kind of logging activity has been going on. This site is in an old, smallish and abandoned veggie plot. The trees right up to the field have been cut down and removed. A road has been made along one side only about 3 meters from my plants. They are getting loads more sunlight now, but they could easily be spotted, so I might just abandon this spot or at least not check on it at all.

I’ve got one more site in a different area closer to where I live that I haven’t checked yet, so will update again when I do. Feeling a lot better. The fear of not getting anything this fall has been wearing on me.

14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Damn dude...that right there is dedication. You work hard for your smoke and I applaud you. :beerchug:

15. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

True gorilla grow...love it.