How llong til seedlings appear?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Dixie Hicky, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Gettin paranoid, here. My WW from amsterdamseeds.com arrived, spent 48 hours in a cup of water and "popped". Put them in soil on July 16. On the same day, same time, I also put some Juicy Fruit in soil. Now, some of the JF's are popping up...but no WW, so far. How long is the longest you ever waited for seedlings to appear?

It's weird...but for me, the most nerve-wracking time is those days waiting to see those tiny green babies show up.

Dixie

2. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I've never waited longer than 5 days. Anything that hasn't popped yet then get's recycled

3. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Sounds like you've been sidewound...

I myself started of with what Im assuming you GK'ers call Bagseed. Over the span of a few months, I managed to accumulate 14 Master Kush seeds. Saturday, July 3rd I scored and plopped 7 of them in a cup of DI (distilled) water. I let them soak for 8-10 hours. After that, they were placed between 6 layers of moist paper towel. Not 24 hrs later, 4 had sprouted. Within 36 hrs, 6/7 had come up for air. A day later, I planted the 6 in seedling cells, in a dome, under 24/0 CFL light (burning at 6500k). Within days, VOILA! All but one had punched through.

My 7th seed never sprang. I let it soak another 10 hours, nothing. Back in between paper towels, nothing. One drop of Superthrive in my 1L spray bottle used to mist the paper towels, nothing. Tried planting it anyway in a seedling cell in the hopes some light would set her free...NOTHING!!!

6/7 ain't half bad, ain't half bad at all...ya hear?!

If you're outside of this timeline, which I was told seems to be the norm if you've got ur shit together, you might just have to suck it up and admit defeat. Hope and pray you still have your invoice and give the seedbank shit. You just MIGHT get them replaced, but I EMPHASIZE MIGHT.

Good luck,

JJB