How to refuse police searches and seizures

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Feb 2, 2007.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

This ACLU video shows how to exercise your constitutional rights and refuse unwarranted police searches and seizures of your home and car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Let me know if any of these links don't work

Cannagirl likes this.
  2. HappyHappyHighGuy

3. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

the cops on the site are at work.... now that video has been removed.

LEO IS WITH US.

4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

You Tube

You would think the You Tube folks would want to support peoples constitutional rights...

I guess not. :fingermad:

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

it IS a copyrighted video.....youtube has to remove that kind of stuff if requested by the copyright owner...

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

7. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

nice post happy- rep bro.

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

word...

word^^^ i second that!:thumbsup:

trillions of atoms likes this.
  9. HappyHappyHighGuy

Google video gone

The Google video link is no longer active, but the other two still work as of today.

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

sticky icky..

STUCK! :rocker: Gotta make this one a sticky!KNOW YOUR RIGHTS PPL:rocker:

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

Thanks Apprentice

:)

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Seriously....watch it. If it were not for this post I would have gone to jail yesterday. I owe Happy my future.

14. Very good video, but be prepared to find all of this advice fall through as soon as they call the dogs. In my town there are so many fucking k9 units is madness. I got pulled over and I refused the cop to search through my car, but because I seemed "nervous" he called a dog on me. The thing is, the k9 unit was like with the cop when I was pulled over. 3 cops at the scene with in a matter of a few minutes. Just play it straight, drive properly(which isn't really hard when stoned), and keep an eye out for pigs.

15. john10

john10 seedlings

i once had a cop search my car without a warrant, just because somebody called it in as a suspicious vehicle, and the door was unlucked. All he found was a lighter, i came out and laughed at him :lmao:

16. trinity695

trinity695 Veggy Stage

Haha okay, so I'm lazy when it comes to flexing my rights and I almost always let them search if I'm positive nothing is in the car, and I rarely travel with anything.

But I had to comment on this cuz I watched the video like 2 nights ago while smoking a foot long blunt with my man just for fun (we're really pretty aware of our rights, but it's never a bad time for review I guess) and last night we got pulled over in HIS vehicle by a cop who had pulled us over twice before.

After it was all over, we had a good laugh about what we used from the video. Actually the best advice in this video is the vocabulary used in it, I KNOW my rights but I always end up pissing off an officer when I use em, so all the "How can I help?"s etc we're real cute and helpful.

It's important not to piss a cop off, really. The truth is, this video WILL help you when an officer is giving you an idiot test and seeing how easy you make it for him, but nothing will help you if they got a chip on their shoulder. Probable cause basically comes down to officer discretion. Last night this lil bitch who has been out to get us for 6 months now (she knows the car and has NEVER had a legit reason to stop us) forced my man to roll his window down, unlock the car, allow a drug dog to search... We have never consented to a search, we don't smoke weed in the car, once she used cigarette ash as her "plain view exception"...

Anyways. She never got us, so watch the damn video! And I'm filing a complaint today, that stupid slut.

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

One more time for those that haven't seen it:

:bump:

18. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Good bump, this thread saved me from jail time on September 11, 2007 and I will always remember that :)

Exact quotes from that night-

"Well we would just like to come in an see" (in response to some asshole neighbor filing a false "meth house" report because of a nursery tank for baby fish in my kitchen".

"I'm sorry I don't condone unwarranted searches, would you like me to bring out the baby fish?"

"Well, this isn't really a search"

"i'm sorry officer.......do you want to see the fish?"

"no (turns around to ask lady cop behind him as well as the 5 others", she says "no, it's ok"

Then just get all my info and leave dissapointed and empty handed. Whole time I had a closet with plants, lots of seeds, and a fair amount of weed in my tiny apartment.....

19. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

That is really good to know!! This will in the future for sure save my ass!!!! Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

20. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

bump

This thread needs to be a sticky. It saved me and I no longer need it (gotta card now), but I will say it again. I am eternally greatful to happyhappy because this thread saved my future.

edit: I am such a stoner, it already is a sticky. Well, now i'm sure new people might see it in new posts and it might save another!