How to survive massive power outages (The garden trick)

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Discorilla, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I haven't had power at my place because of a massive windstorm. It's been six days now, but my garden is surviving because of lanterns and a gas powered water heater.

Utilities Companies can suck a huge cock, because they are worthless when it comes to weather.

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I know how you feel. Lost my whole grow due to hurricanes back to back in 2004. No power for two weeks. I wished I would of known then what I know now. I got a back feed generator now so I can run the lights if need be.

Pick up a cheap one for next time. It could happen again.

3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

That was a hellacious wind storm that came through the Pacific NW. My power blinked a couple of times but we dodged the bullet. My friend 2 miles north of me still hasn't got it. My place came with a 20 hp Generac hardwired into the House and cabin. Plus, I owned a wheeled model too so

I can power the outfit.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

We've all hand that happen, 4 days was my max and it sucked.

How far into flower

5. Discorilla

It was four weeks into flower for most of the flower room, and then 3 for the rest. Everything I run in my garden is stress tested to the max, so luckily I didn't have any damage.

I finally got power returned to my place today, so that makes 6 and a half days without power for my flowers. They haven't needed any water because of the humidity, and there are no nanners on any of my plants.

If anything, I am curious if it increased trichome production a little bit... because the plants just got really shiny once I lost power.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Off to the big box shop to pick up a genny. Thanks for the lesson brotha.

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

id be fucked, lol

guess I shoulda kept that diesel genny

hmmm, maybe time to get another one and bury it like I wanted

8. Discorilla

I don't have the option of using generators, yet. Once I am in a more secure household, then I will...

We had less than a day to prepare for it, because nobody knew how bad it was going to be. It's a good thing to prepare for in the future!

9. Discorilla

This was my Kimbo when the power came back:

[​IMG]