JBKO~ Duc's winter run

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by ducrider, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

With the fall run chopped and drying, last night's project was to transplant the next round from the solo cups they were rooted in to their final 3 gal pots. Up until last night the clones have been in the veg box under a couple of CFL bulbs for the past 3 weeks or so. I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep the clones from getting out of hand for so many weeks but I'm happy to report that they grew to about 6-8" and stopped. I figure I've shaved at least 4-5 weeks off each run by having cuts ready to veg immediately after harvest. It's amazing what you can do with a little plywood box, a pc fan and a couple of CFL's:thumbs-up:

My winter run:

[​IMG]

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ha! at first look, I was like...damn they look wimpy and weak......then I saw the hooks training them down:rofl:

NICE!

3. SpawnOfDXE

SpawnOfDXE Germinating

I saw photos of your little veg/mom box, I'll be building one this week. Have to get my hands on a fan and some light sockets first...and then find the actual time.

4. DXE

DXE Moderator

Hey there Spawn - that picture (avi) looks awful familiar.........

As one of your relatives said "you were doomed from the start"

5. ducrider

I'm sure someone you know has a drawer full of old PC fans for the taking:roffl:

If you'll be putting the veg box in the same room / tent as you flower in you'll have to build a light trap on the end behind the fans. Same goes for the exit hole / holes for the exhaust.

before you copy mine I think you should look through Mrgreenjeans's grow logs for a picture of his veg box. His is top loading and a good bit larger but it could be any size you want. It's really a superior design to mine and if I had the space I would've just copied his instead of coming up with my own design.

6. SpawnOfDXE

SpawnOfDXE Germinating

I was thinking about setting it up so it's top loading inside my tent. Setting up a light trap should be a big deal.

That certain someone hasn't come forward with a pc fan yet...

7. Ms2k

Ms2k Established Healthy Roots

Looking good it need to get me some of those handy hooks

8. ducrider

I'll be flipping the switch on the girls in another 4-5 days so I figured I toss up an update pic.

[​IMG]

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

looking good man :thumbsup:

10. ducrider

A Christmas day flip

Merry Christmas, It's been 15 days since being removed from their solo cups and they're already 12" tall & bushy so I've flipped the timers lastnight. They should top out between 24-30" depending on how bad the stretch is. I'm going to keep the lights out temps very close to the lights on temp for the first week or so of flower in hopes of keep stretching to a minimum. I'd really like to keep them as close to 24" as possible but hey, it's going to be what it's going to be:passsit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Pulling up a chair. :popcorn-2:

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

goodie! :popcorn-2:

13. ducrider

a little hungry for K

grrrrrrr.. Just two weeks into flower and one of the girls is showing early signs of a K deficiency but only on two or three of the lower leaves so at least I caught it early. I'm pretty sure this is the same pot that I watered to the point of having a way too much run off sometime last week so I guess I'm not totally surprised she's showing signs of def. I probably should've just given it a shot of fish fert after unintentionally giving it a mini flush of sorts but I decided to wait and see what she asked for. She's was still plenty green so I settled on a single feeding of Blaskstrap molasses to deal with the K and will just keep an eye out for more issues..

Otherwise all is well :thumbs-up:

[​IMG]

14. ducrider

So I'm reading where low humidity will most certainly result in some form of K deficiency, how low is WAY TOO low? I'm sure my RH is pretty low just because it's winter and I'm not running a humidifier ATM and to be honest I haven't check the RH since last year, before my meter broke.. I should probably get on top of that this week...

From our sick plant guide

When your Relative humidity is low, you can almost bet your going to soon get a potassium deficiency from your plants perspiration.

Potassium can get poorly absorbed when having too much Calcium or ammonium nitrogen, and maybe cold weather. Having to much sodium (Na) causes potassium to be displaced. SO keep those in mind… Parts affected by a Potassium Deficiency are: older leaves and leaf margins

Duc

15. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Sweet man... I'm pulling up a chair

16. ducrider

28 days in and everyone appears to be healthy enough & the buds are bulking up nicely although the look hungry again. I fed them Dramm K along with molasses last week with one plain watering between then and now but I think they look like they could use another feeding.

Anyway here's a quick pic..

[​IMG]

17. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Holy fuckin a++ man. Even canopy. Space completely filled with evenly spaced colas. Looks like you're keeping ahead of any deficiency :thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

Seriously, textbook perfect grow. Kudos.

18. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Looking good man

19. ducrider

Thank you for the kind words my friend but these girls are far from textbook.:BangHead: I wasn't keeping a close eye on the temps at canopy height and suffered some heat stress. If you look closely you'll notice a lot of the leaves have "taco'd" a bit which I attributed the temps being 82 deg. After fine tuning the thermostat for the heater I'm back down to 78-79 deg.

There was definitely a K deficiency getting started and to be honest I'm not sure if it was a true deficiency or one induced by low RH. I've addressed both issues and as you can see things look pretty stable for the moment.

cheers

Duc

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

WOW Duc those look amazing at 28 days.... I'm at 21 days and don't even have noticeable buds yet....

Oops I'm a bonehead... Today is the start of week 3 not the end of it.... Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014