Joe's Grows - The AverageJoe Grow Log

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by AverageJoe, Feb 9, 2010.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

The taller ones are right around 7 weeks and are about 1.5' - 2' tall. I put those clones in soil on Jan. 21. Shorter ones in front are a couple weeks younger.

I do a half assed version of a perpetual harvest. Typically what I do is; about 2 weeks before I want to flower, I take clones and put them in the bubbler. As soon as the clones root and go into soil I put the mothers in flower. In one month (or just before halfway through flower) I take new clones from the older clones that are now a month old. Once they show roots, the others go into flower, and the cycle continues. So at any time, I like to have two flowering groups staggered by half the flowering time.

Typically those Black Rose would already be in flower. I kept them out on purpose because I have houseguests coming first of April and I don't want the Rose to be in full stinky flower at that time. I'm timing it so they'll only be on about week 3 during that time. No smell yet.

That's not a T5 light. It's a standard fat tube flourescent fixture. It has 6 bulbs. I have 3 "grow" bulbs, and 3 "daylight" bulbs alternating.

I should've spent a few more bucks and gotten the T5 setup. This light does pretty good, but growth is slow, with poor penetration and really weak stems.

I have to stake and tie up almost every branch later in flower.

I think I'm going to finally buy a 1000 w HID for flower and move the 600 w out and use it to veg. I would expect to see a huge difference over this current flo set up.

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

LOL, so you are a mind reader too? That is exactly what I am trying to figure out, the perpetual harvest thing. I have plenty of time though as I will be shutting down my indoor grow once I harvest my current round. I don't plan on starting indoors again until September.

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Great looking grow Joe. You will get a good set of lights with t12 if you change the ballast out in them to high output. Most sold hardware stores are energy efficient ballast and dont have the output. I run t5 lights on two shelfs in clone room and one shelf on t12 high output and I can see hardly any differance between the t12 and t5 light setup. Besides the t12 runs cooler.

t6

4. AverageJoe

Thanks T. So I can change the ballast on this fixture to a high output? Does it run the same bulbs? How do you think it would compare as far as energy consumption, and growth results compared to a digital 400w hps?

I'm planning on buying a 1000 anyway, so I'll already have the Lumatek that I can run on either 400 or 600. It adds a lot more heat though. :rolleyes:

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You run the same bulbs joe they just blow about half again as bright. Your not going to get the output like a hid but your not going to get the heat issues either useing the t12 lights with high output. Also less energy used compared to the hid. I use the ge ecolux 6500 color temp bulbs on the t12 lights with the high output ballast. You also wont get the stretch your experiencing with the regular t12 ballast.

t6

6. AverageJoe

Thanks T. That's one of the other side effects of that light. The stretch. If I keep it right on top of them it's not bad, but....

I'm going to look into changing that ballast. :thumbs-up:

7. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Hey AJ, Damn glad to see you've still got this thread going. I dropped of the planet not long after your ballast under the stairs crapped out. Just skimmed through the rest of it and....Wow! Super cool looking grow room. They say imitation is the highest form of praise so I think I'll adopt some of your ideas to use of the entrance to my new grow room.

Good to see you're doing better than ever.

Retiree

8. AverageJoe

Another update :flyy:

Been a crazy busy year with work. Been doing a LOT of traveling. Way too much. I haven't been around in months. Hopefully things are going to settle down a bit :roffl:

Been doing my best to keep the grow room cooking along though.

Haven't had much time to do anything new so I've just been running my old standbys...SnoCap and Trainwreck #2.

These are juuuuuust about ready to harvest.

I was gone for most of this round and really only had someone watering as needed. They are kinda scraggly, but still producing very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was able to secure some new seeds recently though.

These are supposedly Alaskan ThunderFuck.

[​IMG]

I got 5 seeds and all five sprouted. These five are currenly being sexed while the future generation of clones is nestled in the bubbler waiting to see who has balls and who don't.

I have a few Trainwreck and SnoCap that are ready to go too.

[​IMG]

Good to be back around again.

Hopefully I'll be hanging around a lot more. :notworthy:

9. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Scragly?? They look pretty damn fine to me joe!!!!!:angel4:

t6

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yo Joe! Making a grand re-entry into cyberworld I see. Can I guess where the TF beans came from?

BTW.....you ready for the job back yet?

11. AverageJoe

Yes, you can guess?

No, I'm not ready. :wink:

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

AJ

very nice to see you back on the boards. The ladies look magnificent. Wouldnt expect anything less.

13. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Welcome back. If those are "scraggly", It would be scary to see what you consider to be filled out.

Nice !:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

BBT

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:not-worthy::not-worthy::not-worthy:

15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

ha ha I know but Im not tellin:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

t6

16. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

they look right at home in there all snuggled in. nice grow joe, you always keep it classy!:thumbs-up:

17. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

lookin good Joe :good job:

18. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Yeah buddy

Good to see you back around Joe...stay awhile!

19. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Looks awesome to me. :good job: :-welcome-:back too bro!

20. AverageJoe

Enjoy :redbong:

[YOUTUBE]iYwoSsHkMtE[/YOUTUBE]