kinda pissed off

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Herbus, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Herbus

Herbus Germinating

So i ordered 10 fem white widow seeds from nirvana from seed boutique. I germ em and there is 2 weak ones and 1 that is stretchin like hell. I top the stretchy one and go on.

I use ff nutes, liquid and soluables. I do my ph to 6.5, growin in soil, ocean forest, perlite, and verm. Veg under 6 lamp t5 4'. Flower under 400w hps.

So this is what gets me: the 2 plants look like what i like but, one of the shitty lookin plants was a male WTF and the stretchy plant is now 32" while the rest are around 16" again WTF.

Sorry but i will never again fuck with nirvana seeds. im bout to throw the rest of these seeds away and order somethin else.

Sorry bout the rant but it pises me off that i pay this much for the seeds and they cant come up on their end. Shitty

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

And so we see again. Even conscientious seed makers trying to imitate another breeder's strain often fall short.

If you want WW go to the original breeder, Shanti hisself. Same goes for every other original strain, go to the guy who originated it. We're spending tons of $$ on elec, ferts, gear, not to mention time. On a 12 week grow I've got around 48 hours in personal garden time invested. Even a cheap gig at $10 an hour nets me $400 bucks ($80=taxes). Figure another $175 in costs and depreciated equipment. That's $575 invested before deciding on what seed stock to use.

Why waste that by trying to save $30 on a pack of seeds?

Just my .02

cheers,

3. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

so how would you find out who the original breeder is? So far I've been learning strain names from here, but unless someone mentions a particular breeder, I don't know where to head. Is it in the :F-A-Q: ??? Strain guides???

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

4. ResinRubber

Most are, but if you see something you want to try drop a thread in the Strains and Crosses forum and you'll get hooked up pretty quick on who's the real deal. Googling a strain and spending a few minutes running down history is an easy way to go also.

cheers,

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Some ppl want to be spoon-fed.

6. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Sorry to hear that, My WW from nirvana was the bomb...broke my heart to kill her.

Now i got reg seeds....I think 9 popped.....4 were males

I killed one and the rest were sexy spicy tasty girls.

When i restock my white widow im going with Mr Nice seeds

BW....but that just because i want to try the original breeders version

But for a knock off My WW from nirvana made me very happy

Have you contacted ALICE?....Nirvana customer support is excellent

just be kind and patient.....they really do make things right .

They resent my package free of charge and it was my fault my beans did not get here.

Gem em a chance, no ones perfect .

good luck

Oh shit you got them from SB?.......man Nirvana is NOT affiliated with GNSB..........your screwed, as i reed SBs policys they seem to be

less than great......

Buy here----Pay here

http://www.sanniesshop.com/

the best folks imo to deal with with real deal shit and blow your ass away customer support

7. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

I really dont see a big problem. One was male, ok, that happens. One is stretchy---so top iot or tie it down. The rest are 16"? Sound perfect to me. Tossing them is insane! FLOWER them and SMOKE them.

Dixie

8. Dixie Hicky

We are EXACTLY on the same page, here, man. If you want a train robbed---go ask Jessie James. If you want the strain you WANT---go to the man who created it. Or, "save money" and take yer chances.

One big problem is, ya cant copyright the name of a strain. So, if Shantibabe produces something great like White Widow....EVERY half-assed breeder out there can come up with something he CALLS White Widow---and Growers see it in the seed sites and THINK, "OH BOY! LOOK! Ive got me Some WHITE WIDOW---! Then the seeds come, he does his grow and samples the weed and says..."Well, I got some WW and frankly, I wasnt that impressed. WW aint shit."

Then other folks HEAR this....and avoid buying a great strain....

It's all so...unfair. To the breeder, the Grower...

Ive grow three different "White Widow". One from BCSEEDKING (pretty good) one from AmsterdamSeeds (pretty good) and NOW, finally, I have my REAL WW from MrNice. (even tho it's now called BLACK Widow, LOL). I betcha my house and land it's gonna be WAY better than "pretty good".

It just makes me mad. Somebody spend three or four years breeding and stablizing something like C99...then 100 jokers put up a pic on their web site and sell you and me Joe Blow's Ditch Weed seeds in a package that says, "C99".

Grrrrr.

Dixie

9. Dixie Hicky

The only way I know (so far) is, google High Times Cannabis Cup and read back as many years as you want to--SEE which breeder entered which strains over the years. That's how I got my Super Lemon Haze--Green House entered it and won in '08. So, I went to The attitude (the REAL one), clicked on GreenHouse, and BAM, there it was.

I know folks who know more than me say the Cup has turned in to be mostly political bullshit over the last decade. But still, ya gotta start somewhere. And, If you WANT real SLH, you aint gonna get it from anybody BUT GH.

I was over in the Mr Nice forum not long ago and somebody had posted links going way back to the original Cinderella 99. It earned a name for itself and is still legendary. However, it simply does not exist anymore. But you can go to various seed houses and there it is! Oh YAY! Except, whatever seeds you get (and some may be fabulous--some may be shit) whatever you get is NOT C99. it may be close. or may be not even in the ballpark. That's my point, unless you go to the breeder, you'll never know what you really got.

That's my thinking, at least.

Dixie

10. Dixie Hicky

Another suggestion is, you can trust seedboutique.com and the attitude, ( http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ ) to REALLY be selling Mr Nice seeds. They are authorized by Shanti and he sends his seed directly to them. So you cant go wrong by clicking on Mr Nice in the breeders lists and ordering anything you see there. And, you cant go wrong with Mr Nice or Nevil. My next buy (i hope!) will be Nevil's Haze from the 'tude. BTE, ONLY use the addys I posted here! if you google "Nirvana seeds" or "attitude seeds", you will find PHONY seed houses capitalising on the famous names of those two seed BANKS. It's a jungle out there--and seed bullshitters abound.

I want to apologise for posting so many replies to this thread and hogging space. It's just that this is a major pisser. Ive spent I dont know...probably close to a grand...on seeds that wernt what they said they were over the past year and a half. It took me THAT long to figure it out (stupid, duh) that some seed places are BS. I may not be an expert on growing yet, but by god, I AM an expert on getting ripped off! LOTS of practice. Id like to save anybody else from having to learn the hard way.

Dixie

11. Herbus

Herbus Germinating

Thx for the replys and i now realize that i should have bought the real deal but was trying to be a cheap ass. it still just pisses me of cuz i didnt put all 10 in the dirt. i got 2 out of 5 good plants. and the one that was stretchin is now up to my chin...... fuck. prolly gonna bend it. but ive done it before in flower and it kinda fucked with the plant.

and why would i waste my time with these bs seeds, when i could be growin something better thats prolly why im gonna trash em. i guess ill see how it smokes then decide.

Thx again

12. ResinRubber

Both Seedbay and SeedBoutique (owned by Gypsy) are legit seed sources. Nirvana is represented on the the SeedBoutique sight. Seedbay you need to know what your buying and from whom. There's a lot of crap there but there's also some great buys. I've ordered from both sites and have been treated fairly by both.

Sannie's Shop is topnotch, but again..I'm going there for Sannie's or Motarebel's stock. Nobody elses.

13. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Sup man....when i said gypsy is not affilated with Nirvana

i was quoting from the Nirvana comments .

according to them they are Not affiliated with GNSB...?

Im confused because they [GNSB] offer Nirvana products but i know what i have read at Nirvanas site.

Im not sure if i can dig it up, was under one of the strain reviews and someone brought this up and what i said was nirvanas comment.

Sorry i should have been more clear.

14. ResinRubber

You're right Toker, they're not affiliated but GNSB carries Nirvana stock. Kind of like Target not being affiliated with Nike but you can buy Nike gear at Target.

I was commenting the being screwed part.

15. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Huh?

Soooo, what's up with NirvanaSeedShop.com? I think that I heard Dixie saying something to someone in another thread about NSS. That's where I got my AK48 that I'm growing. Am I really growing what I think I'm growing or is there a good possibility that I got fucked and don't know it? Damn, I'm worried now and I had such good stuff to say about NSS!

16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I've grown gear from Nirvana's with no problems. Nirvana's is more of the Walmart of the industry in my book. Good prices, fair product, but prob not as good as a spec store if that makes sense.