lbs per watt

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by mt.king, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

My new partner don't get it. He saying his buddy gets a lbs a plant. I told him i get more per bulb. 3 lbs is a good harvest per 1k light and i still get 2.25 on 1 year old hortilux super hps.

I was using my lbs per watt to check my efficiency for some reason he don't get it.

I keep showing him the 2 weeks in photo from my gallery with 12 plants under 2k on a light rail. And he keeps referencing his 2 plant 2 lbs per light :BangHead::BangHead:

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

If I could get 3 lbs per 1k watt light, I would be super stoked! I get between 1-1.5 lbs per 1k watt light. I'm doing ebb n flow 4'x8' tables SOG method. I am trying to dial it all in so that I can eventually start pulling between 3-4 lbs per table. I always thought that the Gram per watt was a good target to aim for.

3. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

We hit 2 per light at work...anything over a pound is

good

4. mt.king

multiple lights

Multiple lights and movers. Mylar and pinching pruning and veg until they almost touch and the entire 6 1/2 foot by 9 foot space is a level sog and tie them up before the fall over

5. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Shouldn't the size of the space and, especially, the time involved be figured in also?

If two people are getting 1 lb per 1,000 w, but one of them is doing it a week or two faster then that's the bigger yield.

I saw a formula that incorporated all that stuff, but I forgot where it was.

:read2:

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I got schooled on this awhile back... Grams per watt are a decent rule of thumb. Truest measure for efficiency is measured in grams per kilowatt hour so you be correct Hank.

7. mt.king

same difference

Lbs per 1k light or grams per watt is pretty much the same thing just different units of measure.

makes it easy to tell how efficient your shit is either way

8. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

The point is that you have to figure in how much TIME is involved as well.

9. mt.king

that's exactly it

Every space is different Now I have more light per square inch but The room is bigger in and I don't have the walls mylared yet.

I found a incense instances e x 2 to 3 weeks that you can make a big difference in a bigger room If you look at the old nuggsers avatar that's kind of how you train plants to grow but if you have a room full of 'em it's a sea of green

10. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Ok, there are loads of different factors involved, but do you get what Res said? It's not grams per kilowatt, it's grams per kilowatt hour. If two growers get the same yield from the same wattage, the one that did it in less time has the more efficient grow.

:read2:

11. mt.king

yeah I get it

Here's an example 1 of my friends cousins he'll put 50 of em under 2 1000 watt lights veg them4- 6 weeks then flower them as a foot and a half tall .me I veg an extra 6 weeks. and myself I get double the yield. So as far as efficiency. I have less than half the plants And if you count the two flowers cycles. and the two veg that's 2 weeks longer to get the same yield:thumbs-up:

12. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

So, you are getting a better yield with bigger plants than your friend's cousin is with sog? That's what you are saying right?

:passsit:

13. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Number of plants is a non-factor when determining efficiency - larger pots (longer veg = larger pots) take longer to water properly, and if it's not a soil grow there's nothing at all to consider with respect to watering.

But wow... if you guys both have, let's say, a 10 week flower time. His cycle is 16 weeks yours is 22. Your entire cycle time isn't even half again as long as his but you double his yield. I have to say, that is true efficiency!

:goodjob:

14. ResinRubber

So grower A spends 12-14 weeks per cycle. Grower B spends 18-20 weeks per cycle. Each grower uses the same wattage lamps.

Grower A reaps 1 pound per cycle while grower B reaps 2 lbs per cycle. Since cycles overlap at around 60 weeks (4 for grower A and 3 for grower B) the differential is in favor of grower B.

Just a long hand way of working around the weight per kilowatt hour. Time is always a value.

.....Not pokin' at you MT.....But that's different from your original post of 2lbs vs 2.25. With a much narrower margin the value of time becomes more pronounced. If in your first post the grower yielding 2lbs is doing it in less time than it takes you to reap 2.25 odds are that he is doing it more efficiently.

15. mt.king

time is a factor

2 1/4 is old bulb 3 with new everything. And i do get it kilowatt hrs is time x power

16. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

So your saying 3lbs with an old bulb @ 1k watts?

:bduh:

17. ResinRubber

3lbs with a NEW bulb, 2.25 with an old. Still big numbers. I can only dream of such efficiency.

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Yeeeeah:icon_confused:

19. mt.king

time for reflections

I'm not getting the same efficiency in my new room as I did my old Because I haven't had the extra cash to put up the reflective walls. The first harvest in my new room was terrible The current 1 is up to almost 2 pounds per light with white walls. But not quite:redbong: