Magic Butter Machine and review

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Mrgreengenes, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I have a harvest coming up and know there will be lots of trim for oil and butter later. So after seeing this product called Magic Butter I was interested.

I've been to there web site and read the adds in HT magazine and decided to order there product. It's an automated butter and oil maker.

I'll be making butter and oil over the next couple of weeks. I'll go ahead and post those future projects in this thread.

Here's a few picture of it while unpacking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Now that looks interesting and it looks like it will simplify the process.

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Pretty damn cool! Can't wait to see how it works.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

So it's a crock pot coupled with an oil press? Seems a pretty cool addition to a cannabis kitchen to make the process a whole lot less messy.

5. Mrgreengenes

Heres how to make oil and more.

[YOUTUBE]kV_QHGLIL1w&list=TL5gwtRQN0spI9b3ujmZi8rnWyrmzu4Atw[/YOUTUBE]

6. ResinRubber

Now I see, was misunderstanding the process. Ok...not trying to buzzkill....but why not simply make Qwiso? You'd get a lot less chlorophyll and the same potency. When you give it a whirl it'd be interesting to see how strong the residual flavor is.

7. Mrgreengenes

Magic Butter Oil!

I did my first run to make oil using the Magic Butter machine.

I can honestly say I'm happy with the results. :thumbsup:

I followed the recipe below.

• 14-20 grams of botanicals per cup*
    • 2-5 cups/475 mL-1.18 L oil of your choice
      (Coconut oil recommended; do not use vegetable oil)
    • 1 tablespoon/15 mL of sunflower lecithin**
    • DO NOT ADD WATER!!!

How to:

1. Place the ingredients into your MB machine.*
    2. Select the “Temperature” button and set at 160ºF/71ºC.
    3. Press the “1 Hour/Oil” button.
    4. After the cycle is complete, unplug at wall socket, remove head of appliance, put on your LoveGlove™
      and pour slowly through the PurifyFilter™ into a storage container.

* FOR BEST RESULTS DO NOT PRE GRIND BOTANICALS.

Adjust botanical weights according to personal preference.

** Sunflower, rice or soy lecithin is optional, but recommended.

Lecithin is an emulsifier, which is used in the pharmaceutical industry for binding elements and increasing potency.

Lecithin comes in the form of granules, powder and liquid and any form you use will be sufficient. You can purchase it at your local health food or vitamin store. You may come across lecithin in capsules, but we do not recommend them because they contain too many binders and fillers.

Here is movie of the machine working. Basickly you set the temp and the time and forget it. About evry 5 minutes the mixing motor comes on and shuts off after about 30 seconds. When it's done an alarm goes off and you have some great oil. The Brownies came out great.!

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=l5lOsX13eX8[/YOUTUBE]

8. friendlyfarmer

Love the alien spacecraft effect. :thumbs-up:

Did you use butter or another oil?

9. ResinRubber

Then it was worth the $. Nice to hear.:thumbsup:

We may want to start a category for GK tested, and approved, devices and products. Kind of a cannabis growers Underwriters Laboratories (UL) of sorts.

10. Mrgreengenes

Hey FF I used the oil we made in brownies. Talk about a great treat two hours before bed. :thumbsup:

Hey ResinRubber, a forum for GK product testing is a good idea. I'll going to be working on a few things with that Idea.. :good job:

11. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I really think the product forum is a great idea. So many of the products, and companies, we look at online catches our eye but the sites that claim to be "reviews" and "product comparisons" are nothing more than advertisements pushing their stuff.

Most of us would consider buying if we could just get an 'honest' assessment from someone we know and trust. And who better than the dickheads here at GK.:kidding:

Be Cool, CG

12. ResinRubber

I'll set it up this week then. If it's ok with you, I might do a quick scan of the boards and move a few threads to populate the new category with some material. We got enough ballast reviews, bulb reviews, led tests and nutrient reviews to make a decent head start. They just get buried in the clutter.

Thanks for the feedback CG. My thoughts exactly.

:passit:

13. Mrgreengenes

Go for it Res, This forum will be a nice addition to GK's community. :bravo:

14. friendlyfarmer

Yeah. ^^ :thumbs-up:

I'm about to buy a cloner and it would be great to be able to research a product by searching a single sub-forum. Of course I'm looking high and low for good info, but I totally trust the word of some of the dickheads here. :LOL:

15. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

MrGJ, Have you used this to make butter yet? If so, how did it turn out?

Thanks,

16. Mrgreengenes

Not yet AB, next harvest I'm making butter too. I think dxe made butter with his.

17. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

O.K. thanks. I'm seriously thinking of buying one of these. I developed a lung infection a few months ago and I'm still recovering. I think edibles are the way for me to go for now and it looks like this thing will make it so much easier.

I checked out their web site and the recipes look pretty good too.

18. DXE

DXE Moderator

I have been making some different mixes with the machine. I found that coconut butter is way better than butter - for both flavour and I get a better high from the final product for the same levels of material in the machine.

Might be the types of oils and fats as the same strain and weight was used for both.

Besides the coconut oil adds fantastic flavour to whatever it is your making.

As for the Magic Butter machine - top notch product... Well made, easy to use. I found mine around $170 - if you look around you can save a couple bucks.

19. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Coconut Oil has one of the highest saturated fat contents available. That is what absorbs the THC and other compounds. It would make more sense that this would be more potent.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  20. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

What a cool product and a good deal at that. Looks safe and easy compaired to other ways for sure.

Thanks for sharing Mr. G. :thumbsup: