My 4 strain grow 600watt closet!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Ms2k, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ms2k

Ms2k Established Healthy Roots

Nuuunununununu now i understand..

2. Ms2k

So the girls are going into there 3rd week flower

Cotton (top left)

Lemon (top right)

Jack (bottom left)

Carmel (bottom right)

[​IMG]

Here is a side shot of the cotton she is the biggest in there the lemon is right behind

[​IMG]

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

MS you need to trim up the plants now before it's too late and overly stressful on them. I really try to make sure I have competed the final trimming by the third week to avoid stress in mid flower. Looking at the side shots you posted I'd strip clean just about the entire lower third of them. None of the that lower shit will get enough light to do more than produce popcorn buds and divert energy away from the main colas. :2c:

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I've grown the cotton candy. Great smoke!

Mine got really tall. Almost out of control tall.

They all look great. :goodjob:

Peace.....

5. Ms2k

I try and make my self cut it. How much do you think the top benefits from cutting the lower 3rd off? I know it helps to take some off just never know how much is good enough. I'm trying to produce as much as I can.:read2:

And thanks dlr it Is great smoke :passsit:

6. ducrider

Looking at this picture now I think I'd recommend you trim your plants up a little further than mine.

[​IMG]

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Too late. Those girls should have been cut back 2-4 weeks ago. Time to break out the string and start tying those tops down. Then cut out the bottom shit that's going to be nothing but fluff.

A decent rule of thumb for most of us closet/cab guys is that you want all of your bud sites in the top third of your plant. If, during flower, you got tall shoots outside this range you tie or pinch them down. Anything under gets cut. Caveat; in SOG, SCROG, or spears this does not hold true.

[​IMG]

Just the way I do it. Lots'a guys do it different with good results too. :passit:

8. Ms2k

I'll cut a little off tomorrow and next run I'm going to start sooner and cut accordingly!

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

BTW...when I say "cut". I'm not talking leaves and everything. I'm talking small shoots that will not reach the budzone. Big difference.

10. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Let em go like Res said your too late the plants will try to repair the dammage instead of developing bud.

Besides the bigger the plant the more bud believe me I know. On with the trees

[​IMG]

t6

11. Ms2k

So were in week 4 it's been one watering since I gave all of them a feeding of dram k and Epsom salt.. Few of the plants leaves show patchy burn spots on some leaves(ill show In a pic). Other than that the plants look great!

Problem?

[​IMG]

Group pic

[​IMG]

Natural habitat

[​IMG]

Jack side shot

[​IMG]

Jack bud shot

[​IMG]

Lemmon bud

[​IMG]

12. DXE

DXE Moderator

From the pics - it looks like the spotting is on the older lower growth.

Hard to te;ll from a pic but I think you need to shave their legs a bit - clean most of the lower old growth out - including the spotted leaves.

The run looks good

13. ducrider

If you ask me, 4 weeks into flower is way too late to start trimming them up & you stand a good chance of really stressing out the plants. At this point I'd just trim off a few of the dying leaves and leave the rest of the plant alone. I try to avoid any unnecessary pruning after the end of the second week of flower, about the same time they've stopped stretching.

nice looking plants:goodjob:

Duc

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

You can remove a leaf or two that are covering lower buds from light, but leave everything else. One week before flipping the lights to 12/12 go in and cut any and all lower buds sites. As ResinRuber said,:thumbsup: remove every thing below the top third of the plant. If you have a taller shoot or two way above everything else then remove them also. That way your canopy is much more level and all bud sites left on the plant get more light. :redbong:

MGJs.[​IMG]

15. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Also looks like mag. Deficiency. You plan on continuing the Epsom salts right? 1/2 TBS per 5 gal every feeding is what I do for well water or for ro water do calmag at mid strength according to the bottle.

16. Ms2k

Long time no post. So last year our house got robbed on Christmas day by some hood rats and they stole the gunsafe.. They didn't even know or find the grow but we had to break it down quick and call the police to report the theft.. I since have not restarted the op. One day soon hopfully! Been trying to work Out a new spot since ours in not good.