My Nirvana Seed grow

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by The Occultivationist, Dec 26, 2010.

1. The Occultivationist

The Occultivationist Veggy Stage

whats up GK, this is my first grow on here! i havent been able to grow for a few years, but now i thankfully have the time and place for it. i had a space of about 11'x15' and 2 - 20 amp dedicated circuits to work with. i used about 9'x5' for my flowering room and put a 600 and a 1k in it. the veg room is about 3.5'x9' total, using about 3.5'x5' and a 400 watt for veg plants, and 3.5'x4' for a clone machine and mothers underneath it. for the mothers i have a 2' - 4 bulb T5, and over the clone machine i am using a cheap reflector a friend gave me. i rigged it to hold a normal socket with plug wired to it and put 2 - 34 watt compact fluorescents in it.

As for seeds, i went with white rhino and papaya. i got 2 packs of regular seeds each and one of femmed. i did the wet paper towel thing for all of them and then put them into rockwool cubes afterwards. i did the femmed first, which all the papaya went smooth, but only one rhino made it. and then i did the regular white rhino seeds and i got 17 plants outta 20 beans. the femmed seeds went into dwc buckets and has vegged for about 6 weeks, the regular ones went into soil and have vegged for about 4 weeks. xmas eve i took cuttings from 10 soil plants and tommorow i switch to 12/12 to sex them and flower the hydro stuff. the other 7 need to continue to veg for a week or two. once i have a full crop of clones under a light, ill start all over again with the regular papaya seeds.

[​IMG]

all 17 before i took clones and moved the others.

[​IMG]

After i took 6 cuts each off nine of them and 4 off the 10th

[​IMG]

the hydro stuff. thanks to GK, i saved a bunch of $$$ buying lowes buckets over hydrofarms black ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the vegg room. i plan to replace the reflector i got with the light to an air cooled one.

[​IMG]

other side of veg room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HeadCase, Toker2 and rasganjah like this.
  2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

good looking setup. I'l be interested to see how those papaya girls turn out as I have some interest trying that one. It gets some pretty nice reviews!

keep up the good work

3. The Occultivationist

thanx ShadowWarrior! thats funny u said it has good reviews, thats most of why i chose it, haha. the white rhino gets some good reviews on here and quite a few people are growing it so it was a no brainer. but the papaya just sounded good and after i checked the reviews, i went with it.

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I have grown papaya. It was a great plant. Good smoke, great taste. I didn't get tons off the plant, but that was due to my inexperience. It was one of my first grows.

Good luck on yours.

Peace....

5. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Good looking start! What are you doing for temperature control?

6. The Occultivationist

theres a window behind my flower room that is always cracked a tiny bit drawing cold winter air. two booster fans draw the air into the room. i have an oil filled, electric heater in my flower room to warm it if necessary. it keeps that room a steady 78-80 degrees with the lights on and 68-70 with them off. my lights are air cooled seperatly so they dont exhange any air from the room. i use another inline fan to pull air thru a filter in the flower room and then put it into my veg room. i use a blower controller to dial in the temp in the veg room and the electric heater turns itself on and off to adjust. i havent been running my veg light long so i cant say if the temp is steady but it seems to be staying around 80 under my light and 75 by the clone machine (which is where the fresh air comes in at.) so far its working, but if u see any flaws or things i may have over looked, please comment. as for summer, ill either put a window a/c in, or maybe a chiller and some ice boxes.

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Id know that reflector anywhere

You gotta be right down the road from me....lol

NICE loooking setup....DWC is a great method

ONE thing i would add tho is...get a new pump and ditch the airline and get an airstone or long strip or puck ....that airline dont do shit that comes with the EZ cloner.....and clean her with bleach/water mix after every use and she'll treat you right

8. The Occultivationist

thanx chriscrete. its my first time with DWC, and i must say ur thread on it has been very useful. i did ditch that pump the EZ came with. i got a hydrofarm 2 outlet nestled next to it in my pic. i still use the line. im gonna take ur advice and swap it out tho.

as for the reflector, if u like to shop at "the strip" in the Burgh, then we may just be neighbors. haha

9. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Glad to see another DWC recruit. welcome!

:new_popcornsmiley:

10. The Occultivationist

thanx sirstynkalot :passsit:

11. CCrete

Shit! I was down there today getting shrimp n crab legs at 830am, Wholeys fish market

And yea thats where i get some of my things, Patsy is kinda rough....his lady at the other store is waaay cool.....they really do carry only the best but you may pay a few bucks more but you usually never have to come back and theyre super cool with returning anything

Grab one of their hockey puck lookin airstones, then things pump out some serious bubbles

Thats so funny tho, now theres about 5-6 Pittsburghers here...WE RUN THIS SHIT!!! atleast in my head:passsit: Im like 20mins from the burgh'

12. The Occultivationist

haha, yeah we're taking over! i go to home hydro for all my needs. good people for sure and they offer some of the best customer service ive seen. i forgot about the other location, ill have to make a trip up there sometime. ive seen those pucks your talking about. i plan on grabbin some for my buckets so ill throw one in my EZ also. i had a buddy tell me those pucks break down the air a lot more than the bars. do they really work that much better?

13. CCrete

Them bars break down after a single run, what i mean is...the hard pourous stuff on the top that create the bubbles gets soft and brittle very quickly.......the pucks dont ever go bad IME, I take a brush to them after every run when im cleaning everything.....and you'll instantly see the differance in bubblage between the 2

14. The Occultivationist

that explains alot. ive been changin my buckets every week goin wtf is this shit in the bottom. i run useless's formula w/ epsom salt as needed so there should be no sediment, correct? its not much and it kinda looks like sand so im guessing its my bars breaking down. they're brand new and they arn't walmart cheapo's but probably not far behind.:roffl:

i had two clog within 6 weeks also. do the pucks clog at all? u said u clean yours. is that to fix a problem or just cleaning/preventitive care?

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Good looking plants. Looks like you'll be a happy ganja toker come harvest time. :good job: Thanks for sharing your garden. :passsit:

16. CCrete

I clean everything in my hydro setups after each run with a bleach and water mix...pucks get it too and all air lines, the pucks seem to take a beating very well..........if your running the amount of dwc it looks as you are, look into a commercial pump, its about a mini football sized pump and a 8,10,12 manifold of air openings with each having a separate on/off valve, badass, like 50-75$$....instead of running 2,3,4,5 smaller pumps which ends up happening if u want to keep adding

17. The Occultivationist

thanx rasganja, i certainly hope so! harvest time seems soooo far away tho. i just want to sleep for two months so i can wake and bake!!! :roffl:

18. The Occultivationist

chriscrete,

well speaking of, i do have one, thus the reason for the cheap bars. it was the choice of cheap pump, good bars, or visa versa. maybe the commi pump is why my bars started falling apart! hahahaha :roffl:

stop me if im wrong, but i can split all my lines at the manifold to atleast double, right? i gotta 8 and was told i could run 16 or possibly more. im only looking to run 12 or less, but i was told that.

19. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Looking good TO

I think you've got a really nice area and the plants seem to love it.

I can't wait to see a smoke repot and some dry weight totals . . . I realize thats a bit ahead of the game right now, but before you know it you'll be harvesting regularly. :alienwink: :affro:

Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics. ;)

20. The Occultivationist

thanx rocky, and yeah ur right, time flys when ur having fun!!!!!

so u want a smoke report? hows about you tell me what steriods your feeding that black rose in the waterfarm! and maybe ill send you a sample in an empty Extrol #30 box! :rofl6:

which BTW, thanks for the sharkbite tips! i removed an old radiator out of my garden and re-did a bunch of plumbing all over the place! i went ape shit. wifey even gave me that temporary "Mr. Handyman" title. but only for the day :roffl:. if she only knew how simple it was, i probably would have just got a smack in the head for not doin it sooner!!! thanx again for ur help from the both of us.