Nearing the end

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ripright, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ripright

ripright Developed Alternating Nodes

I've reached day 33 of flower. Today I flushed with water and don't plan on using ferts. anymore. Nearly all of the fan leaves on both of my plants have yellowed and died, and I've noticed a couple of hairs have turned orange. Is this the phase where the buds begin gaining weight? And, once a few hairs start to change color, is there anyway of telling how long before they totally finish?

I must say, my plants are starting to look totally unhealthy. I'm somewhat worried. The budsites look fine, but with ALL the fanleaves yellowing and falling off, my plants look pretty skanky.

I'm planning on having some people over to my house on July 14. Any thoughts on how realistic it is to think my plants would be finished by then would be great. Both plants seem to be mixed as far as I or S dom. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Hellrazor

Hellrazor New Sprout

Im in day 43 of flower myself, and mine dont look ready for another couple weeks at least. I have a hybrid likeyours, and the budsites have grown, but they arent fat, they are halfway done. About a 1/3 to a 1/2 of the hairs on one plant are orange, its the most mature one, and i wouldnt take it in less than two weeks.

I just gave mine its last dose of ferts yesterday. On day 42. Sounds like maybe you stopped ferting too early? I dont know.

When they turn yellow like that,It signifies that the plant is using all of the food stored in the leaves to produce buds. If they were my plants, id give em one more dose of ferts, and then only plain water after that until finish. Good luck.

3. ripright

rotj, thanks for the info. If I flushed too early, and just use plain water from here on out, what's the worst that could happen? See, I noticed some signs of nut. burn on some of the leaves. Thats why I flushed today.

4. membername

membername Germinated

worst thing would be that the buds wouldnt be as phat when youre ready to harvest. personally id say get some all-organic bloom ferts, and make a nice tea for 'em gl man [​IMG]

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Rip...I hate to say it man, but the problem I see is nutelock-up. If you have lost most of your leaves to yellowing by day 33 there is not much hope of regaining what was lost. I had the same problem on my first few grows before I figured out what was going on. Here's the rundown....your rootzone had a toxic buildup of ferts/salts causing it to basically shutdown. The plants still need to eat so they start using the only available source of food...the leaves. If this was caught at an early stage you may have been able to 'rescue' your harvest from a low yeild, but now you can only wait and hope they fatten up. My advice is to flush them VERY well, and wait. Let the soil dry out before adding any water or ferts and only add ferts at 1/2 strength. I know the point will be close to start thinking about the final flush, but that plan is out the window now....they need a food if you are to get anything from them now since the leaves are gone....hope for the best man and get a pic if you can. :smoke2:

Edit for amendment:

On second thought....without leaves you have no way for the nutes to get to the buds so giving ferts will be useless. :crap: I think you are followig the best course by flushing and waiting. Sorry man...tough luck all around.

6. ripright

The buds I have so far look good to me. If I can just let them finish without any further problems I would be satisfied with my yeild. I can see trichs already on the one plant, so I'm excited for what I have.

There are a few, just a few, fan leaves still at the very tops of the plants. I think I'm gonna stay away from the nuts. for the rest of this grow, because I think Herbs right on. I will try to post some pics. I only have a camcorder with a still cam so the quality wont be very good. Assuming I can figure out how to post pics.