Next grow under way

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Here is my next grow moving along nicely.
    Table to the left is three strains of the Wild berry I kept going to decide witch one I'll keep as a mom.
    The plant closest to you in the corner of the white table is Lemon Berry.
    The table to the right is is two Bubblelicious and one white widow and one carrot from 420 seeds and green crack from 420 seeds.
    The plant in the pot by itself is also Whit Widow.
    I also purchased a tds meter.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    dlr42 likes this.
  2. Mrgreengenes

Here you go

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Very nice! Your grows always impress!

I need to consider mimicking this setup for my Rx Green Solutions test.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Nice, what's your exhaust like. Hell I can barely hear myself think sometimes in my room.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Cool video, liked the way you started with opening the door, lol. Nice set up. I couldnt remember if I asked you if you are flooding and draining those hempy fab pots on that table? They got a good spred. It seems the hempy plants stay pretty short and bushy.

6. Mrgreengenes

nippie Exhaust is not bad. It all running while the video was being done. Runs 24/7
    JCIO, yea the white table to the left of the room is flood and drain. Love it. Easy peasy! The Hempy pot on the table to the right I just topped them 6 days ago.
    The plant closest to the door in the single pot was topped also. I will bein stalling the netting over the right table that the hempy pots are in next week.
    I'm loving growing, and playing on GK now!

7. Mrgreengenes

I flipped the lights to 12/12 8/10/16 Here are the plants. Lights have been on for a hour and a half. Their looking really good!
    As I mentioned earlier I switched Nutrient lines. I'm Using Botanicare Pro series Veg and will be using Pure Blend Pro Bloom for Flower.
    My water from my tap test at no more than 50 ppm very low. we have great water here. PH out of the tap is 8.0
    I'm using in veg pure blend pro at on 16 mil per Gal. They recommend up to 20 mil per gallon. My point is I use less because the plant don't need more. Always start with less and work your way up if needed, and it make the ferts last longer too. Heres the whole line I use in Veg.

8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Is that silica blast a mid/late flower use? The liq Karma is like a bloom booster?

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

How you diggin' the Bubblicious? That's an old school strain I haven't seen much of any more.

10. Mrgreengenes

JCIO, The silica Blast is used from Veg to Flowering. The silicate in Silica Blast helps the formation of a sturdy silicate matrix in cell walls. The strengthened cells result in reduced transpiration rates and allows plants to continue photosynthesis under stressed environments.
    The Liquid Karma is used in Veg and Flowering. It functions as a plant engine because its high metabolic activity produces a large amount of energy which is immediately transformed to growth.
    I use silica Blast at 3 mil per gallon and the Liquid Karma at 5 mil per gallon. I can tell a difference in the plants too.
    Hydroplex is their flowering booster. Here are picture from the back of each container.

11. Mrgreengenes

12. Mrgreengenes

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I love looking at your room. I'd like to see your light setup. What do use? A 400 and a 600?

14. Mrgreengenes

Lvstickybud, I have a 600 watt over the 2 x 4 table and a 400 over the other plants.
    The plants always snap back quickly after a complete defoliation. Here are a few pictures from about 10 minutes ago. You can see the light set up in the pictures too.
    The last picture is the TDS meter. The reading is from a few minutes ago.
    upload_2016-8-17_12-10-3.png

upload_2016-8-17_12-11-3.png

upload_2016-8-17_12-12-5.png

upload_2016-8-17_12-11-22.png

upload_2016-8-17_12-15-55.png

Attached Files:

15. Mrgreengenes

One week ago when I removed the fan leaf's and one week later. They come back quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  16. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

ok, so you are leaving some fan leaves at the top from what I see in the pics. Matches what i have been doing . If I remember, you defoliate at the start of flower and then again at 3 weeks in. do I have this right ?

17. Mrgreengenes

That's correct dude. So two weeks from now I will remove all the fan leaves again. I wait three weeks because by then the plants have stopped any vegetative growth, and should be in full flowering mode.
    I also continue to feed veg formula through the first two weeks of flower, because the plants are still in vegative growth mode. At week three I start feeding flowering formula.
    At this point the plant is putting all it's energy into the production of flowers.

18. bigbudztoo

Cool. I had thought you only fed veg nutes for the first week of flower but I see the logic of it.

19. Mrgreengenes

Funny, Ive been doing some online research about the guy that wrote the book Three pounds per light. The book is $500.00 dollars! I do know that in the book they defoliate first week of flower and then again three weeks later. I have always defoliated at first week and then two weeks later. So this run I'm switching things up a little. One thing else when defoliating the plants, I also remove any lower shoots that wont get enough light. Those lower shoots just suck energy from the upper flower development.

20. bigbudztoo

500 bucks for the book ? wow. I took a quick look at Amazon just to see if it was there and possibly cheaper, but no listing. I Totally agree with getting rid of the lower shoots that produce only popcorn buds. I have been trying out the idea of removing even more of the remaining fans during the 2 week flush period before harvest, leaving just the bud leaves.