Night temps

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Lvstickybud, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

How low does the temperture have to get to impede the progress of flowering? I have 2 plants in buckets outside and are in week 5 of flower. The daytime temps are still getting to mid 70's and low 80's but the nighttime temps have dropped to the high 40's and low 50's. Will this affect the plants or should they be hardened up enogh to take the low temps?

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

makes em nice and purple, you really gotta worry about rain at this point

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yeah I watch the forecasts every day just to make sure we don't get too many rainy days in a row. We got some torrential rains the other day with the rain bouncing a foot or more off of things with tornado warnings and I almost took them in then but it only lasted a couple of hours, the rain not the torrential down pours. They lasted about an hour.They are Quekles so they'll be purpleing up anyways.

Another thing, my yard always has dew on the grass till about 10-11 in the morning all summer long. The plants get really wet but they dry out by noon. I know they are a mold resistant strain but when should I worry about that?

4. nippie

now, lol....can you hit them with Senerade or something to keep it bay. We had a shits and giggle grow outdoors last year and every head nug molded. But they were only checked on maybe once a month

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

As long as it doesn't frost the daytime temps are the concern. If it stays that way you're gonna get some colorful weed.

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Any way you could just set up window fan to blow a little are on them on them to help dry off the morning dew?

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Duc, no I can't but they are in a kinda open area that gets plenty of breezes.

Res, that was my thinking also since we also had some night temps in August below 50.

Nip, there isn't any way that I'll be seen serenading my plants. :bduh: :roffl:

Oh yeah, I check them every other day. Buckets outside get dry quick.

8. nippie

I think you would need a hard frost, remember my micro plant? it was chopped right before thanksgiving a few years back

serenade, the spray :)

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I know.

10. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

I'd check in between the buds for rot everytime your checking up on them, that shit spreads fast.

11. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Night temps like that are fine, its the mold you have to watch out for. As soon as they get an inch or more around then its time to watch, look for the little bud leaves turn a bit yellow, pull on it and if it is mold then it will pull right out, cut the bud of, the mold spreads through a quarter of a cola in a day sometimes.

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Thanks for the info on mold. I do not have any, I was just curious about the dew. They dry out completely by noon.

13. ResinRubber

Just go out and give the plants a good shake in the morning. It'll knock the dew off and let them dry quicker.

14. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

:thumbs-up: If I shake it more than 3 times am I playing with it?

15. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Yes but you know your gonna do it anyway

16. ResinRubber

Depends, if the shake is accompanied with a tug you're in dangerous territory.

17. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

your sposed to love your plants, not LOOOOOOOVE your plants :LOL:

18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hey, I've fucked them....

......up before.

19. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

The first few girls I grew out I felt pretty strongly about :passsit:

But as we all find out eventually (but might never talk about) they all cray cray

20. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

...and just like women, some smell sweet and fruity while others smell musty and skunky.:dog-nana: