Nirvana seeds

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Grown in Tx., Jul 8, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Not too impressed, 5 of the 10 white rhino seeds that I germ'd so far was like 2 total different stains, the bubbleicious only had 4 of 10 beans that cracked, the others turned black. I still have all 10 of the ppp, so we'll see how those do next week when I germ 5 of those. Just disappointed.

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Bummer man! I've always had good luck with their gear.

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Sorry to here that, but glad you shared it with us. I've been considering some new genetics cause I've been growing the same 2 strains for almost 7 years. Thought I'd gotten my beans from Nirvana but found the old packs and they were Dr. Chronic.

So many of these companies have changed hands in the last few years and several copy-cats out there that it's hard to tell exactly who you're dealing with. I was looking at Nirvana but wasn't too excited with what I saw and had read mixed reviews. But then, what company doesn't have yea and nay sayers on the net. So much of the positive, and negative, is nothing but advertising pawned off as legit grower opinion. So it's nice to hear someone who's opinion I can trust.

I was looking at Dr Chronic too, who I was very pleased with back then, but they've been in transition for so long I'm just a little unsure. But thanks for the input. :thumbs-up:

Be Cool, CG

4. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

sorry to hear...with luck the p.p.p. are the same as ive bought yrs ago and loved it enough to keep around for all this time...good luck.

5. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

This is why it was so cool having useless posting and fusion etc. Finding good breeders with good reliable as-advertised gear is tough. I felt like I had the inside scoop.

If I was buying seeds I'd try BOG seeds. Seems like a legit and hard-working breeder with some interesting crosses.

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=945

6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Ok first let's get some things straightened out since there appears to be some confusion. Dr. Chronic is a distributor and Nirvana is a breeder. Seedboutique is gypsy nirvana. Similar name but no relation to the real nirvana seeds and they, seedboutique/gypsy nirvana, too are solely distributors other than the gypsy line.

So did you get nirvana or gypsy nirvana. Gypsy=garbage and nirvana are just cheap f2s. They have a good amount of variation in the genepool. That's why if you see any of my posts from years back discussing nirvana strains I always said to make sure and number or label some way do that you can distinguish plants. These aren't like some of the more expensive beans that are more stable and more consistent with phenos. Gotta do a little digging.

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I agree with skunky on this with the exception that some of Nirvana's (not gypsy) are pretty stable. I've grown a few of their strains out on multiple occasions with similiar results...not always the case though. I just killed their AK that I had because I just didn't like it and see others rave about it.

But to add to what skunky was saying even when you look at the distributors, they sell other brands...like nirvana's...but when you look at nirvana's they only sell their line.

Make sense?

I'm in the need for something new, have some chocolate rain started and also 1 lemonberry but I haven't seen anything that's tickled my fancy in a while. I'm almost to the point of flying to CO or WA and finding good clones to go with what's in the stable as I'm killing everything except off except my Aurora and Blue Widow (they seem to thrive in my new enviorment without as much attention from me.

But back to GIT...two very diff phenos from nirvanas is normal!! totally normal from my experience. No worrys though, pick the best out of each set and go then do a round two out of the best of each pheno...really I have done this NUMEROUS times.

I tend to shy away from the attitude because of their prices, I've heard good and bad so I usually go with a known factor instead of an unknown. Seems like attitude will sell anything they can profit off on and that worries me that you may not get what you are paying for.......once again I do NOT know this to be true...I'm just weird and overly cautious

8. skunky

Yup. And same experience I've had with their strains. Typically 2-4 district phenos in a 10 pack depending on the strain. Just have to hunt the winners out a little. I like buying seeds directly from the breeder when I can. A buddy used that everyone does it site and they shipped legit stuff in original breeder packs and sealed. I was pleasantly surprised.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The variation is normal for pretty much every seed grow I've ever done. It's not very often that a breeder works a strain to an IBL anymore.

The germ rates sound like old stock seeds. Had a run-in with the 'Tude about such things awhile back. After informing the breeder of how the 'Tude was handling his stock and inquiring where I could purchase fresh seeds he stepped up and replaced the seeds from his own stock.

10. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Every strain I've bought besides the first order I made, cost me $75 to $200 a piece. I can say that I've had multiple keepers come from every pack I personally popped. Not saying it's worth it for everyone, but every pack I popped payed for itself many times over.

11. Grown in Tx.

I appreciate all the feedback on this.

it was nirvana. i expected some variations but damn ive got one w/r dried and jarred, one of the crazy ones is ready for a jar and the other 2 are going into week 9, those 2 do have big bushy "fox tail" looking colas.

lots of crystals, be good for hash or oil if the final product dont look like propper bud when its done

12. nippie

foxtails are a sign of heat issues....whats the temps>

13. Grown in Tx.

temps are low to mid 70's

14. nippie

stress??

I had blue lady do that to me after growing her for about 6 months. It really sucked because I stressed her, but she never snapped back out of it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.....and damn I miss her, damn good smoke.

check your roots to see if something is causing that. but foxtails I always look at heat first....but I think you are saying the entire head nug is like 6 super huge foxtails instead of a solid bud??

15. skunky

Some seem to just do that. Like the old mandela kalichakra or whatever it was I used to have. That plant would do it No matter what. Moderate ppm, no burning, no def, pH good, temps mid 70s. Only thing I never tried was raising humidity because legends ultimate Indica was in the room and didn't want to risk mold on those dense suckers.

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

There are a lot of strains that have foxtails. they don't have to have any issues. just the way they are.

17. Grown in Tx.

All 5 PPP seeds have cracked and are in rockwool cubes.

The foxtail is... hard to explain, I'll post a couple pics of the one that's still flowering tomorrow. I'm kinda thinking about choping her to get her out of the table, she barely has any red hairs at 11 weeks.

I don't really want to keep a strain gong that takes that long

18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Good luck with the PPP. I've grown Nirvana' s PPP and it was a very nice yielder and taster. Nice potency. I was growing in soil when I grew it and I would grow it again.

19. Grown in Tx.

I was looking at sannies and noticed on some of their strain descriptions they list each pheno you might get from their seeds. Some had 2 one had 6. Made me feel a little better.

20. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

I think most of Nirvana's stuff is fairly stabilized but a few of the strains aren't. Nirvana says a couple are F1's, too.

White castle rhino and widow were all stable. PPP wasn't when I saw it tried, though I wasn't growing it myself so I'm not sure.