oil based sprays

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Jul 13, 2016.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Has anyone ever had experience with green cleaner?

My plants are getting to big to keep up with that type of spray and i want to spray with forbid 4f but the green cleaner is 39% soy bean oil and also has citric acid

I am always afraid to spray chemicals after any type of oil based spray.

If no one has experience with this then i just need to know how long after spraying the test spots with the 4f i will know it is safe if there is no damage?

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You been using Green Cleaner on those greenhouse monsters? Holy crap, I'd hate to see the bill for that one. Never touched Forbid. I'd give it three or four days to test a branch.

3. greenjah

Thank you RR, i did end up calling bayer and they said the same thing, 3 to 4 days, last night was 2 and so far so good.

Ya it is pretty expencive but i wanted to do natural this year. Of coarse when they were small and i could have probably gotten rid of them with the green cleaner i was to busy with building the new place and they got to big to get good coverage before i started spraying. Now they are so big i can only spray 10 in the few hours that i have when the sun is down enough to not risk hurting them so i cant get them every two days like im suppose to.

Anyway now they are causing some real damage and they must be stopped. At least this way i can take some of those evenings to trim up the insides of the plants instead of spraying every evening. If they show no damage by tomorrow that is, im confident i will be able to.

By the way forbid 4f is not a systemic but does transfer from the top of the leaf to the bottom and there is so far in studies no build up of resistance to the spray.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good luck with the Forbid. Interested to see how it works for you in a large application. Hoping you keep us posted on how things work out.

5. greenjah

It has beed 5 or 6 days and no bad effects on the test branches so tonight i start spraying the forbid, lets hope the one day i forgot to take it out of the greenhouse and put the top on did not ruin the spray. :BangHead:

6. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Sounds like a ton of work but good to see the risks had rewards! Who doesn't love a happy ending? My plants don't sound half as enormous as yours but this is still an inspirational read.