Problems during flowering...

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ohighgrow, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

Have had some issues with the fan leaves turning brown and yellow, drying, etc... pictures belowwww......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We recently got a 600W HPS light since our old 400W HPS's ballast was giving us some issues. It was not staying on and just wasn't working very well. We have also been spraing them with water about 30min. before the light turns off (We are about 5 week into flower so weve been on the 12/12 light cycle). They have also had some minor pruning recently. They were also just flushed using a botanicare flushing solution (cant remember the name right now and to lazy to go upstairs. We are about to start using just big bloom and tiger bloom. Any ideas as to why the leave are turning like this?

2. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

Also have a question about some seeds that we recently started as well as 2 clones.

[​IMG]

There are 5 bag/dank seeds we started which are in the pots and just have their first set of nodes. There are 2 clones that I have been messing around with trying to nurse back to health but am not really getting anywhere. All of the plants you see were recentley transplanted into those pots about 5 days ago. I have started giving the 2 clones an 1/8 dose of growbig.... is that a good idea? I am not really sure what I should do with them, is there hope forem? When should I start giving the seedlings nutes and how much?

Close up of the struggling clone, I clipped the leaf you see missing because it was completely yellow and dried out. ANy advice on all these would be great, thanks.

[​IMG]

3. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

It almost looks like Molybdenum Def. Maybe a combination of Def.'s

4. cheebamonkey

Those clones need a mild feeding

5. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

Any ideas on any solutions for the girls? How much should I feed the clones should i do more than an 1/8 of the suggested veg feeding?

6. cheebamonkey

I dont know what ratios Of NPK and Micro the Fox farms contain. A fertilizer containing any amount of Molybdenum should help. Do you think its possible youve over ferted?

7. cheebamonkey

I was told from another grower, not to use Clearex or salt leaching solutions...

I dont know wether It would hurt your plants like that or not

8. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

We are no expert at plant problems, but we would first wonder what you are spraying them with?

If it is anything besides plain water, that could be the problem. We dont spray our plants in Tronville so we are not sure.

Our first guess other than that would be over-feeding/fert's, may want to try flushing them.

Your bag seed plants and clones are coming on, but I bet you would be much happier with some quality seeds and a proven strain - Good luck and good work :pimp:

9. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

We just flushed the girls in flower, and have just been spraying them with plain water. I was thinking that they were getting sprayed too early before the light went off and they were getting burned, but this yellowing and drying has been making me think otherwise.

The seedlings are just kind of for fun so well see what happens, the one in the cube is a dank seed my buddy had form Colorado so well see how it goes.

I think I am going to up the dose to half on the nutrients for the clones pretty soon.

Thanks for the quick responses, hope I can get these problems fixed so we can get a good healthy (much needed) harvest.

Time to blaze....

10. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Those babies look hot.

What is the temp. on those leaves. Feel with the back of your hand, is it hot?

Does that clone have roots yet?

11. mohouse

mohouse Choke'n And Smoke'n

Well 1st question is? What ferts are in the soil? If there are ferts, you shouldn't be using the growbig right now. The clone looks like overfert to me. Plain water unless there's no N-P-K in the soil then use the growbig. Those seeds seem to be leaning inward towards the light, which is a sign of poor light. Raise pots or lower light. Oh yeah prune those dying leaves. well just my 2 cents

12. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

That looks like a ph lockout to me. I had a similar looking problem and that was because my ph was SUPER low, like 5. A good flush and a couple days later they looked good.

Also...I wouldnt be spraying your plants before they go to bed. If anything do it in the morning, so the water gets evaporated. If you are spraying them 5 weeks into flowering, you run the risk of forming mold.

13. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

Ok thanks for the input guys. The soil is foxfarms soil so I am pretty sure it has nutrients in it. Maybe I will stop giving the clones any growbig, then definitely have roots btw. I think I am going to stop spraying the plants as well and give them a good straight water flush and well see how that goes. So when do you start giving nutrients is my big question. Just like when you start seeing yellowing?

14. ohighgrow

ohighgrow Smoke Blunts

the leaves arent getting any heat either the light is pretty far away from them so that couldn't be the problem...

15. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Imho

Might be uneducated, but I do believe foliar feeding is the biggest scam in the MJ growing world. Where in nature does anything like that ever happen?

16. gizmo_barks

NPK are mobile nutrients. This means they move where they are needed. They're usually needed in the growing tips. So, yes, when the lower leaves start dieing, you have a good chance of needing some nutes.

The only time I mist my plants, is when I'm neeming them. You need to get something to check that pH. We can tell you What it looks like, but you are in control of getting the important info.. That does look like wind burn, from a fan, I had once.

If the lower leaves look good, and the top leaves look like that, It could be lock out.

But then, purple is the color of low phosphorus. If your feeding them, that's probably not the case.

Good Luck

peace

17. gizmo_barks

Your very well educated. Your here aren't you. lol.:suave:

18. mohouse

mohouse Choke'n And Smoke'n

Then that makes me the most uneducated :BangHead: . Cause I thought that rain was natures way of misting :icon_confused:

19. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Have you given them any nutrients? If you are 5 weeks into flowering, they should be getting fed every 3 waterings or so, depending on how the strain reacts. I use the FF nutes and I usually go water-water-feed.

Ya but rain doesn't have nutrients in it.

20. gizmo_barks

I worry about mold with wet leaves