R Clarke Video on pests and disease

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by ResinRubber, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Posted this in another thread but think it should be a beginner's forum or pests and diseases forum stickie.

It's essentially a classroom lesson on pests and diseases complete with slides from one of the world's premier MJ botanists.

[YOUTUBE]-EtLuNberqE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Stuck!

Good stuff Res.We could do with a few more related threads like this.Cheers Res:ebert:

JosephClements likes this.
  3. Savvy Simon

Savvy Simon Established Healthy Roots

That is indeed an excellent video. Changed my attitude, he did. Strangely I'm finding this whole pest control thing a fascinating topic. Freaked me out at first but we can fix it. Here is a classic example of how humans are smarter than spider mites. I'm in the middle of an infestation right now. I gave it one impulsive Neem Oil treatment immediately upon discovering the problem, which I'm noticing now has had a controlling effect. Most of the Neem Oil residual effect should be gone by now. I've opted to fight fire with fire, with an army of mite eating mites to scour every little nook and cranny.

I got a useful bit of info from an old friend who just happens to have been owner operator of a bug growing business these past thirty or so years. He told me that Lady Bugs don't eat the eggs. They will eventually eat everything that hatches but it takes longer for this reason. I'm feeling pretty confident I can win this battle, and learn a thing or two about monitoring for problems and pre-emptive preventative action.

4. WeedProblems101

WeedProblems101 Germinating

little greenleaves

My plant has little green leaves on its branches but its young so what dies this mean?

5. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Thats really cool, now if they would only treat all the food we eat

with the same goals in mind.

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

The video is not there any more, is there another one he may have posted we can replace it with?

7. ResinRubber

Workin' on it. thnx:redbong:

8. GreenDepot

GreenDepot New Member

Video seems to be gone, anyone know where to find it?

9. ResinRubber

Been hunting in all the usual places to no avail. If I ever find it again I'm stealing it and putting it in the GK vault.

10. Justcheckingitout

Who is R Clark by tbe way? I seem to remember him being like a whos who on growing like ol Ed.

11. ResinRubber

Green Goblin likes this.
  12. Good one thanks for sharing, might come handy in hard times.

13. JosephClements

JosephClements New Member

yes you are right man Cheers Up!
    got a useful bit of info from an old friend who just happens to have been owner operator of a bug growing business these past thirty or so years. He told me that Lady Bugs don't eat the eggs. They will eventually eat everything that hatches but it takes longer for this reason. I'm feeling pretty confident I can win this battle, and learn a thing or two about monitoring for problems and pre-emptive preventative action.

14. Justcheckingitout

How many lady bugs would be good for say 6 plants in a 2x4 area? Is it like a few per plant maintenance deal?