rasganjah's Grow Log

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by rasganjah, Apr 13, 2013.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Harvest Day 56

Pheno#5

Jah Love OG

The stockiest and most TBA leaning of the girls from this batch of f1's. She looks kushy with some of those beautiful Bubba/Afghani colors coming through. There is some of the Tahoe OG terps but a definite influence from the TBA terpene profile that dominates this one. Super stinky, sticky and dense. Smells like sour dirt or earth, very subtle hints of coffee and chocolate.

Wisdom Tree Organics FTW!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Nice picture Ras, you should take a few and enter one in the bud contest next month. :redbong:

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Nice work Ras... Beautiful colors and frosty as winters storm

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

Be Cool, CG

5. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Now that's a post. Very zen Ras. No thoughts.

6. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I thought is was like Ommmmmmmmmmmmm. It makes you one with the universe!

Be Cool, CG

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Been a while since I was on. Just thought I would pop in real quick and drop a couple pics of my Jah Love OG. Doing Probiotic and No-Till these days. Living soil. Not much in the way of bottled nutrients of any kind. Occasionally I will use some enzyme products. I make my own tea. Loving making my own nutrients via fermentation and vermicomposting. Lactobacillus serum etc. etc. Here are some pics of some finished flowers and some shots of some babies that are in veg. Freshly planted into their no-till pots that just finished a round in the flower room. In the one pic you can see the old stem from the last plant still sticking up a little.

Anyway hope everyone is well. Keep on growin'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Thats some frosty yummy looking buds you got there. :bravo:

9. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

So you've been just cutting the plants off at the stalk & planting fresh clones in the pot full of old roots? Obviously it's working for you but I'm not sure how the pots are rootbound, cloth pots or not... What's the benefit here?

nippie likes this.
  10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It's sustainable, it's cost efficient and it's HIGHLY effective. You create a living eco system in each pot complete with microbes and worms. Fungi population. Form a mulch layer that feeds the soil. My plants get 95% plain water their entire lives and in flower I occasionally dose them with a fermented Flower Power nutrient I make myself and some coconut water. They LOVE coconut water.

No-Till along with LED lighting are the future for my garden at least and I see a lot more people following suit. No more wasted soil tossed out each round or even reammending and cooking it for reuse. Just keep that mulch layer going and occasionally top dress to correct any slight deficiency and the rest of the time it's just plain old water. Super low maintenance. Nothing gets wasted. All old leaves and stems and plant material return to the pots. Everything will biodegrade rapidly and become nutrients for the next plant. All the old roots and the stem included. It's really about the most natural and organic way to grow that there is. It's really ancient and natural. You mimic the forest floor's rich decaying mulch layer and the soil is continually enriched. I follow some people on Instagram that are 5 & 10 years on the same soil in the same pots. It just keeps on getting better and better as the soil become richer and richer with worm castings.

Here is a video that sparked my interest in no-till. I find it pretty informative and interesting. I use the same cloning tech and based my soil recipe off of what he describes as his soil base.

[YOUTUBE]JbBjO4kRknw[/YOUTUBE]

Check it out you might like it.

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hmmmm. in the plants that I do do soil, after one go around the soil is trash and won't hold much water. Add to that all the root matter that displaces the soil and I can't see your soil being to well conditioned to hold water or roots in place. I also know that farmers wouldn't just plant in the same soil without tilling and mixing. I can see a forest floor but a forest floor has a complete different eco system going on that has developed over time. Even the humidity and lighting is completely different.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Met that cat, seriously. Really liked his weed. Never got a tour of each others gardens though. It's a cool way to grow if you can maintain a vermiculture and compost bin for top dressing. Still have my doubts about eventual compaction of the bottom third of the pot after a year or two of use. But if somebody shows me a 3 yr old soil culture pot with fresh roots running throughout....I wouldn't be at all surprised.

MnNice used to use a very similar mix as the easy mix I post up on GK before making the switch.

13. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I like that cloning technique. I may give that a try. Don't know about the rest of it, as the video was kind of repetitive with all the beautiful yada yada.

14. ResinRubber

Yeah, it could have run 20 minutes. Ras, you ever read Ruth Stout or check any of her work?

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I agree the video was a little bit of info and a lot of stoner hanging out talking about how pretty their weed is. No-Till is very popular in many circles. I'm not pioneering anything new or unproven. It works and works well. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I can add rice hulls to keep the aeration up and they don't break down and become cement in the bottom of the pots like perlite eventually would. The old roots are nutrients and break down really fast. Throwing away your soil is just silly in my opinion. I'll be back in another 3 years and show you my pots. ;)

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I usually just till my old soil into my garden so it really isn't just tossed away. So as far as I've read, I can just plant a seedling or clone into my old pots and just let the leaves fall where they may and just continue the cycle?

17. ResinRubber

There's a bit more to it than that.

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

No-Till is for real. It's not new, or a gimmick. It's also not crazy or difficult to do. I am just one of thousands of people doing No-Till style gardening. Check out Mountain Organics on Instagram for some really good stuff. Years with the same soil in the same pots with nothing but increased soil health over time. The worms along with the microbes transform the mulch into living soil made up of castings, your base soil, and decaying organic matter. Always enriching itself with as the the mulch layer is always making fresh compost. A little top dress here or there with some different dry meal amendments if a deficiency pops up or dose with some compost tea. No need for any bottled nutrients. I'm really liking it. :)

No-Till Gorilla Glue #4 from the current round in the flower room.

[​IMG]

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Forgot to mention I got my new LED lights. I'm liking them a lot. Huge footprint. Low power consumption and damn near no heat signature. Platinum LED P9-XML2. I grabbed 2 of them. Bridgelux & Cree components. Assembled here in the states. 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and 90 day money back guarantee. 555 watts at maximum power and 2.5 amps at 220V.

[​IMG]