Reverse Osmosis Filtration

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by SpecialEd420, May 23, 2012.

1. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

Hey Guys , i have a question about a reverse osmosis Water filter system, Im redoing the home im in right now and one of the things id like to have is a RO system installed. The problem is it looks like you cant have a garbage disposal and a RO system, is this correct? Im by no means a plumber and i know someone here right now is running a RO system. Thanks guys

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You can easily install an R/O system at any time. As long as you have a space to mount it under the counter or cupboard you'r golden. Most connect to a simple hose bib connection so if you put one in line with your cold water line, you can tap into it before anything else. Then you just need to run your waste line into a drain and your clean water line to your reservoir or holding tank. :passsit:

3. SpecialEd420

well just looking at the routing diagram, it shows the waste line running to the side that has just drain not the side with the disposal(dual basin sink). To make things clear i have only a single drain. not a dual drain set up.

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

How about some more info on your side? What make and model of R/O are you looking at? and how about a pic or a link to this diagram you speak of? I'm no plumber either, but it should be fairly simple. :passsit:

5. SpecialEd420

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

are you just doing this for drinking water or for your grow? :passsit:

7. SpecialEd420

for both actually. but it was inspired by my grow

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

If you have 6" ofspace between the bottome of the disposal the botom the sink base you could install a "T" for the R/O drain. Piece together a trap and you're golden.

Keep in mind that you'll have to run the vertical leg of the trap up high (above the disposal), the higher the better. You'll need to do this to keep the sink water from coming back up the trap. Get me?

Easy as pie if you have the room

9. SpecialEd420

Well see I'm guessing that I'll have to do a dual drain sink to get the height that I will

Need for the drain to tap into. Right now with my garbage disposal being in the single drain I don't think I'll have height . But if I have to make a quick run to hOme depot Its not a big deal

10. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

11. ducrider

There's no need to run out to buy a double bowel sink although in essence you'll be running the drains the same way. the only real difference is that you'll be connecting the RO drain in lieu of the second sink drain. If you have room to plumb a double bowl sink you have room to make the RO system work too.

Duc

12. SpecialEd420

Ill take a picture here after my morning smoke to show you guys what im meaning. With the 8" sink depth. plus my garbage disposal the drain is already close to the floor. so my thoughts were if i just run a dual drain and just plumb the RO into the second drain i wont have any problems period . gimme a 15 mins or so guys ill have a pic to better explain

13. SpecialEd420

[​IMG]

hopes this helps me explain thanks guys!

14. ducrider

that should work fine. :thumbsup:

15. SpecialEd420

Awesome , that makes me feel a little better thanks guys

16. SpecialEd420

Well after 7 hours guys RO system is all set up. heres a couple pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]