Rolling camper garden

Discussion in 'DIY' started by ResinRubber, Mar 24, 2014.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Really, I flower 3 tables but only 2 x 2 each. Getting any more than 4 plants at the same stage is hard for me. I'll put any others in DWC buckets.

Be Cool, CG

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nope.I've got three 2X4 flower tables, one 2x3 flower table and a 2x4 veg table and a 2x3 veg table, all with 20 gallon reservoirs. Total of six tables, and I change each res each week. Sure I could do one a day or whatever, but I want to get in get done get out.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dragged my heels far too long in finishing this project. Here's a few pics of what I found. Ended up rebuilding the entire fucking trailer, stick by rotted stick and corroded panel by corroded panel. Don't ask how much is invested, it's far to embarrassing a number to willingly admit. It's essentially a brand new rig from the axles up with an old shell to retain the cruddy look on the outside.

The finishing touches of what will be from hereto forward referred to as, "The ratrod garden."

Here's how she started when the decision was made to trash everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little progress. This is after resigning myself to the fact that every piece of old wood had to go. Black mold everywhere. Not something I want near a garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fast forward past much procrastination and frustration to something that is starting to look like there may be an end in sight.

[​IMG]

Walls painted with mold and mildew resistant paint. Floor coated with waterproof floor texture paint. Flower room.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to the veg room.

[​IMG]

The veg room. Looks small but I can shoehorn two 4 bulb 48" T5 HO units and three 2 bulb HO T8 units in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Set up day. Starting with three 600w HPS with room for one more later. Since it's now 20F at night and 50F during the day the room will run a 4" exhaust (note the small filter). The Ratrod garden is set up to use 4", 6" or 8" depending on season and garden requirements. The open hoods are to retain radiant heat in the winter. Summer will bring bare bulbs, the addition of CO2 and 8000 btu's of AC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow is finish day. We tack or tie all the electric cords, set up the veg area, finish the intake/exhaust ducting, add plants and see what happens. I'll update after she looks like a real ratrod garden.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Looking good Res- Bud

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

looks great.

I wanna see pix of this on route 66

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Glad you are at the finish line, Res. Nice setup.:thumbs-up:

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey its finally coming along buddy, Nice. Can wait to see you fill it up.:redbong:

8. ResinRubber

Thnx guys, hopefully everything works like it should. Sorry Nip, you won't see this thing rolling until it goes somewhere legit. Then I'll strap on the gopro and film like a motherfucker. Something like this would be a great portable teaching tool for weekend grow seminars at hydro and garden shops.

Gj- Got some plans that dictated finishing the project. Nip got me thinking about organic protocols that could be reviewed and certified. So, needs me a new workspace. If I'm half as quick on that one as I was on the build I'll be starting in about 10 months. :redbong:

9. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Haha, ratrod garden....I can dig it. :thumbs-up:

10. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Wow res that was quite the under taking.... Looks great man.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

pretty badass Res...R u running it sealed with C02?

speaking from personel experience....you should, if you've invested this much, bringing in any outside air is guna make your head spin if your not inside a lived in home/basement

I got gnats and some other ridiculous shit in my brand new garden, took a month to eradicate them all and it was all cuz of bringing in outside air, being above ground sucks dick! between that and the temperature control issue within fluctuating outside temps, were talking major money investments to get proper control

12. ResinRubber

CC-In the summer it will run CO2 to lessen cooling costs. For bugs, all intake air is run through a filter system. Nothing gets in that I don't want in.

Today I finished up the airflow and put a few plants in place. Some moms that are in need of being rotated and a few flats of clones. Just want to see what to expect and make adjustments before filling everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's how I worked the fresh air intake. Built small light baffles with filter access and ran them into PVC pipe with vent holes cut. The vented PVC allows a better spread of air and with subzero air intake hopefully won't freeze out one part of the garden.

The flower intake. It runs horizontally along the grow space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The veg intake. It runs vertically to conserve space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plenty of veg room left for more lights.

[​IMG]

This week a couple dedicated circuits will be added to the barn so I can power up all the lights and test for temperature range plus need to run to the shop and pick up a Flame Defender.

13. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Looking good man, I thought it was FF with the rolling camper though. No wonder he didn't respond when I asked him about it

14. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I had the same idea and got a buddy interested to doing it in another state, we took a road trip there and was to look at property. Then We just partied every day there and i got busted fucking this guys wife that lived there. So it didnt pan out, funny thing was i got busted fucking the chick in his camper. I felt bad about it. :roffl:

Good luck on the camper, keep a bed open just in case...:pimp:

15. friendlyfarmer

Can't bury a standard metal shipping container. According to my amazing research skills on the internet about a year ago and my hazy recollection of that research, a ton of people have tried and it collapses because of the weight of the dirt. Building enough framing inside to keep that from happening? Dunno, but that adds to the cost. Also, those things rust and unless you coat it in a rust proof paint or do something else to prevent that, in a few years it'll leak. Add that to the cost. And getting the thing in the ground without the neighborhood knowing? Depends on your neighborhood.

[YOUTUBE]/A5rvldFoAo8[/YOUTUBE]

16. friendlyfarmer

BTW sorry I didn't mention

:notworthy:

I thought I was the king (or at least a duke) of growing in unreasonable spaces and making it look cool but you my friend have taken the cake in that department. You gotta add a Millennium Falcon cockpit on the front of that thing for Rhut Rho Ratrod road trips.

17. CCrete

I do this stuff for a living for the past 19 years.....you can do ANYTHING as long as you use common sense

You have to bench the soil in 4 ft increments from your base level on up, fill with 2b limestone, it relieves the soil pressure when you back fill the container, if you ever look at a mega container ship, they stack them things 8 high.....How do you think the bottom container feels with the other 7 ontop of it??? Juuuust fine......trust me, ANYTHING can be done if you got the $ and smarts my dude!!! Even Martin Luther had a dream..:thumbsup:

18. ResinRubber

Filling up. Had a near catastrophic loss with a heater that puked in subzero weather. Temps dropped below freezing for two nights and almost wiped out 60 rooted clones along with the flower room before I caught it. This is why it's a good idea to run a garden for awhile before committing everything to it.

Two lights up and two more to go. The right side will be filled in by late January. If you look closely you'll see some of the cold damage. Gonna take a hit on yield but will still pull pretty well.

[​IMG]

The new pressurized water supply that's going in this weekend. Tired of hauling buckets every watering. 55 gallons will mean I only need to refill once a week from the barn well.

[​IMG]

That's it for now. :passit:

19. CCrete

meanwhile, on the outside it looks like a hunk of common junk :rofl6: Gotta love it Res...looks like a regular basement operation from the pics but not so on the outside!!:passsit:

on another topic, why not do hydro? When I see all them soil girls....all I see is constant work, over n over n over, especially as the room grows forward in size.....kudos to you for the watering but dag gone im a lover of timers and pumps I guess

Lookin schweet broski!

20. friendlyfarmer

Not to belabor the issue, but just to be clear, burying a shipping container without additional support does not work. The reasons are well explained the following two articles. Sure it can be done. Just not easy, inexpensive or terribly quick and stealthy.

They stack because they were designed to do that. All the weight is born by the corners and framing, NOT the saw-blade-thin metal walls. They were not designed to be buried. A cubic yard of dirt weighs between a ton and 2700 pounds, dry. Sadly you cannot stack the dirt up on the corners.

http://graywolfsurvival.com/2625/why-you-shouldnt-bury-a-shipping-container-for-a-shtf-bunker/

http://containerauction.com/read-news/what-happens-when-you-bury-a-shipping-container

Thread jack over. Nice rolling camper Res. Wondering why no hydro meself. Can't imagine hand watering dirt.