Spider Mites

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by blazerwill420, Apr 10, 2017.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That's going to become part of my regimen for new clones or plants. So fuckin' easy. Thanks for the tip MW.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

It must be something in the are because after two yrs or seeing only an egg here and there the fucking Borg are back. I'm now seeing a few live larva on 2 out of a dozen plant that have been flowering for 3 weeks. Hot shots have always kept their numbers low enough that while I'd always see an eggs I'd never see any bugs or even leaf damage,ever! I know what I did, I brought a plant inside that had been in another room in my garage that had a very old hotshot.

I had a total release Pyrethrum fogger at hand so I fire it off in the room followed by a second one 4 days later. The last fogging was two days ago and last night there's more leaf damage and living larva- maybe 1-2 on several leaves of each plant. It appears the fuckers are putting up a fight this time.

I have 2000 predatory mites due to arrive Wednesday afternoon. I don't know much about these but I'm willing to give them a shot before I break out the azamax or other chemical based solutions

The real question is am I safe leaving the hot shots in the garden until tomorrow morning so they get a good soaking. That would leave a little more than 24 hrs to ventilate the room before the predatory mites are introduced.

I am extending the lights out period for as long as is needed just so I don't have to worry about venting of the room. A few days of lights out won't hurt the plants anywhere near as much as the nights will..

Fuck all I hate this things.

Duc

Bill Blunt likes this.
  3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's messed up duc. I'm going to run some clones in a table under a t5 and then flip them in October to hps and 12/12. I went to hd yesterday and got bombs, sticky fly paper and hot shots to clean the room. And my clones are in the garage too but with a new hotshot.

4. ResinRubber

Give your garden 2 days of regular venting to clear out the dichlorvos before placing the predatory mites in the garden. Good luck.

ducrider likes this.
  5. ducrider

Thanks brother. I'm on it like mites on a pot leaf!

6. ducrider

I was flowering 2 plants plus my cheese mom in my old closet under a 600hps and decided to bring the mom back into the basement as a filler plant. Huge mistake! I am thankful that I've been able to keep my them out of the room and hat 8wks in.

I buy them from Amazon but these are the foggers I keep on hand. Kinda like a fire extinguisher ya know

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/p...MIqu_fgoa01QIV1T2BCh0hEQbvEAQYASABEgJZyfD_BwE

blazerwill420 and ResinRubber like this.
  7. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Good luck with the predatory mites. I think we are all in a running battle with mites. I've gotten away with green clean spray and hot shots for almost a year but last round they seem to be getting the upper hand. i bombed with dr doom every other day for 6 days (three bombs total) and gave a good soaking with a thicker than normal mix of green clean. I'm back on top (for now).

I hate bugs.

HeadCase and ducrider like this.
  8. ducrider

I find it interesting how localized a small infestation can be. There's still only two plants in the larger flower room have visible bite marks and of the two plants in the old garage closet only one of them is showing damage. The other has a few eggs but I can't fine bugs roaming around so I'm confident that I've caught this while it's still manageable.

Honestly I don't have a lot of faith that the predatory bugs would up to the task if I had let this get out of hand but from what I've read online they work well for small skirmishes.

HeadCase and SuperMoChombo like this.
  9. SuperMoChombo

It's also my understanding that individual spider mites aren't hardy creatures. Can't fly, easy to squish, susceptible to a variety of killers. Their power is in numbers and the fact that the eggs are on the bottom of the leaves which is hard to get to with conventional sprays. My foggers don't kill the eggs, just the live mites. This spray I'm using does a really good job and kills the eggs too if you can get to them with it. It coats them with a layer of soybean oil and asphyxiates them supposedly. Seems like it works.

ducrider likes this.
  10. ResinRubber

DE and good duster is a big asset when things get out of control. Indoors a good dusting can keep killing mites for a few weeks.

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  11. ducrider

Tapping out a 1/3 of a solo cup full of DE in front of a desk top fan created a mini dust storm in the flower into room. Pretty much coveeed all the plants with a light dusting ,one thing to remember tho is to turn off the exhaust fan until the dust settles. I'd imaging the prefilter & scrubber could easly suck up enough DE to hinder performance.

I suppose I'll need to figure out a way to rinse most of the DE from the plants before let the predators loose.

My primary use for DE is to knock down fungus gnats when they pop up from time to time. Just a light dusting of the soil before watering does the truck.

12. ducrider

First time I had a might problem I didn't know what I was dealing with until things started to get out of hand. I figured something drastic was needed so I lined them up in a row on the garage floor and blasted each plant with the hose blasting them from all direction. Each plant when though it's own privat hurricane, pretty sure I killed me a lot of mites that day.

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  13. SuperMoChombo

I remember that and also when you put the bomb can next to the stalk :stoned-smiley:

ducrider likes this.
  14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

We've all done some crazy shit to get rid if bugs. I remember when Paul sprayed his entire room with raid. I have an oil heater going right now in mine to bring anything to life right before I blast the shit out of the room with the entire bag of tricks. I've got a spider mite infestation of epic proportions right now but luckily it's outside and only on my beans. Taking no chances.

15. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'm testing floramite on the beans since I don't plan on eating them. I sprayed half the plants with it and sprayed the other half with plain water. I've also hit my roses with it, I don't want those mite fucks anywhere near my weed. This pic is about 3 days ago.

IMG_0519.JPG

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

17. ducrider

Just happened to be home when the FedEx truck rolled through this morning. My release rate(60 mites/sq.ft) is close to 30 times the min recommended rate,let's hope they're hungry!!

blazerwill420 likes this.
  18. ducrider

If they're calling for them to be released biweekly am I correct in thinking that my little foot soldiers are sterile?

IMG_6256.JPG IMG_6249.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    bigbudztoo likes this.
  19. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

They want you to release every two weeks to help build a population. If you re-release at the two week mark, you should have predator eggs and a healthy amount of predators.

ResinRubber likes this.
  20. SuperMoChombo

open a Mitey Burger, late drive through hours.