Sprouting seeds in water question

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So I put two seeds in two separate cup's of water, done this lots of times, but after 3 days one popped out nice and long and I put it in soil, the second seed only sprouted out a little bit. Only a little white is showing.

How long should I give the second seed to sprout further, or should I just plant it now?

I never had a seed barely pop and stop.

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Any time that has happened to me, it's been because the seed soaks up too much water. I don't wanna say it's dead, but a lot of the seeds are squishy to the touch once they are this way for me.

3. Justcheckingitout

If this is the case I am going to go back to the paper towl method. I am going to put it in some towles over night and plant in the morning and we will see what happenes.

Edit: I just checked it, the white sprout looks healthy, I got it in a damp paper towel. Hopefully it will be ok. I am glad I didnt leave it soaking another night. Its a auto so atleast it was not the headband. :thumbsup:

Yeah, its about 8 months old out of the fridge.

4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I only have issues with older seeds, generally.

Newer seeds pop within 24 hours using the cup of water method with something covering the top to block light.

5. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Next time change the water daily or more so it keeps oxygen in it

6. Justcheckingitout

Thanks for the tip. I need to start weeding thru my old seed stock, anything to help the seeds sprout is great help.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Or a little h2o2 in the water also.

8. Justcheckingitout

I take it a couple drops per cup?

9. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

Throw the seeds in a cup of water , they pop , plant them. Don't over think it.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

yup...:redbong: about 1 milliliter per cup

11. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Soak in water for 24 hours or less and plant. All it does is speed the process of germination up.