The Afghan Project

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Midnight Garden, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

This thread will document my ghetto breeding project. I will attempt to breed seed stock from some seeds I got from a friend who served in Afghanistan.

Out of twenty seeds I started I have 5 that sprouted. One of the five died due to lack of water so I have a total of four sprouts.

I will cross the afghan with themselves (if I get any females) and will also cross them with Green Crack and Kandy Kush.

My attemps over the summer to clone the Kandy Kush failed, however, fortune shined on me today as I found a stalk of the Kandy Kush in the garden that still had one branch on it. The whole branch was small buds. I picked it and got eight clones off of it. Essentially I will be reveging these buds and then making a mother of one of them and then using the rest to cross with the afghan.

The Kandy Kush stalk

[​IMG]

Kandy Kush Stalk/Root

[​IMG]

The resulting Kandy Kush clones

[​IMG]

The Afghan seed stock

[​IMG]

BC God Bud mother

[​IMG]

Green Crack mother

[​IMG]

Green Crack and BC God Bud clones

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

:thumbs-up::popcorn-2:-Bud

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:popcorn-2:

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:popcorn-2: :bong-2: :redbong: [​IMG] nice thread!

5. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

Cool! Do you have any idea what to expect from the Afghan seeds?

6. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

Hopefully you can get at least one of the kandy kush clones to root. I grew out kandy kush x skunk when attitude was giving it away as a freebie. Vigorous plant, thinking it was the skunk.....

7. Midnight Garden

two week update

thanks for looking in everyone.

Tony, I don't really have any expectations as far as the afghan seeds go. Just hoping I get a good male and female so I can get some seeds.

tmtw - I got roots on the kk clones! hell yes!

Kandy Kush roots.

[​IMG]

Kandy Kush clones, two died, six left.

[​IMG]

Afghan seedlings - I will be re potting these into seperate pots this weekend.

[​IMG]

The last surviving bc god bud clone. I started with five of these and only one made it.

[​IMG]

Green Crack clone.

[​IMG]

8. Midnight Garden

[YOUTUBE]zZaXF2QvEqc[/YOUTUBE]

9. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

Hell ya man way to go! Big props! I thought for sure it was gonna be next to impossible or just take foreverrrrrr to get roots on those KK clones, but you sure did prove me wrong man way to go! Your vid was also pretty cool also. Looking forward to how those Afghans turn out, the results should be interesting. :thumbs-up:

10. I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR Germinating

Best of luck with the Afghan seeds I will be watching this one.

I ran the KK freebie from Attitude and got a beautiful male that i kept some pollen and dusted a few branches for seeds. That was a very hearty male.

Clones can look pretty sad but they can turn the corner and root then you are home free. I like to clean up the dead leaves and poor growth to give the new growth a better chance. Find this works for me.

Hope you get lots of seeds, good healthy stock for the future.

11. Midnight Garden

Thanks for looking in everyone.

Well, I started with eight of the Kandy Kush clones, and then there were four. The four I have left are doing well, they have rooted and are re vegging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Afghan

[​IMG]

The Whole Group

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]SU3aiEGpwS0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  12. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

Considering what you started with, those KK clones are looking pretty good.

13. Midnight Garden

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  14. Midnight Garden

Hey everyone! Glad to see the picture issue got fixed. Just a little update about The Afghan Project. In a word, DUD! The landrace afghan all turned female on me. I took a bunch of humboldt skunks I had in another room and put them in with the afghan, well, all of the skunk (from seed) turned female also so no seeds. Then to add insult to injury the damn kandy kush clones I took into the room eneded up being infested with mites!

On the 2nd of January I took everything out of the room and threw it in the yard and started nuking the shit out of the room with bleach/water, bug bombs, vacum, carpet clean, I did this over and over, don't know of I killed those fucking mites but the room sure the hell smells clean.

I just started another grow in there so I guess I'll know soon. I got 5 KO Kush F4's. 5 Herijuana IBL and 5 Jackberry x ko kush. I have the grow report at opengrow if anyone wants to look in but there really is nothing to see right now.

This is the landrace afghan the day before I got it out of the room. The 4 smaller plants are the afghan, the larger one is green crack. At this point the plants were 4 weeks 12/12 and heavily infested with mites.

[​IMG]

These are the plants today (about 15 days later). I think most of them are going to die because it has been in the mid 20's here two nights in a row and I did not cover them. The cold does appear to have killed the mites.

[​IMG]

This woild have tasted so good but after the amount of chemicals I used on these things trying to kill the mites there is no way i am smoking this!

[​IMG]

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Bummer man. Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the new ones. :passsit:

16. Midnight Garden

Thanks Ras, good to see you back man!

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Hey, thanks man. I have a few grows going at the moment after taking a few months off. It's good to be growing again.

18. Midnight Garden

I saw that a bunch of dispensaries down your way got raided recently, glad to see your safe and I hope it did not affect what you have going on.

19. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks for the concern. They are shutting down all the dispensaries in my county, but it shouldn't affect me much. :passsit:

20. Midnight Garden

Weed that takes a licking and keeps on ticking. This is all the stuff I put outside on the second of January. It's been in the low/mid 30's every night since, a couple of times it got down into the twenties.

Three of tha landrace afghan croaked and one is still going strong. All of them were left in their container and then put up into the bed were I did my summer grow. I have no clue why one of them is still alive as the frost got the other three.

All of the Humboldt Skunk has survived, I think because it was against the house and so the heat from the walls radiated onto it at night. The buds are a month old and the size of a pencil eraser on all of it.

The green crack and bc god bud both look like they are half dead and half alive.

Landrace Afghan

[​IMG]

Landrace Afghan

[​IMG]

Humboldt Skunk

[​IMG]

Humboldt Skunk

[​IMG]

Green Crack

[​IMG]

BC God Bud

[​IMG]