Tony's #10 - Cream Caramel, Kandy Kush, Crit. Jack & Sadhu

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Tony Aroma, Aug 9, 2011.

1. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

there is a huge difference between those two pics, everything is looking great dude, your yields will be much better this round.

Also, its good to see some Sweet Seeds genetics grown out. The Cream Caramel has a pretty good rep, lets see what she can do :popcorn-2:

2. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Great job!!! As close to flawless as humanly possible!! Those girls are going to pump out a BIG batch of sweet buds!

Peace, CG

Tony Aroma likes this.
  3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Inspiring work Tony:good job:

Tony Aroma likes this.
  4. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

No offense taken. No one doubts my skills like I do. ;) All I was saying was that even though I've been at this for a LONG time, I still can't seem to consistently get it right.

@Link -- Yeah, the Cream Caramel was the one I was most excited about trying. I'm a bit disappointed at this point that it's the smallest of the group. I'm still optimistic though that it's going to be an outstanding smoke.

@Creative -- I think it's just a matter of probability. Since I've screwed up every conceivable thing (and a few inconceivable) in the past, the odds have to be in my favor for NOT screwing up at some point. I'm hoping this is that point.

5. Stinky Green

Stinky Green Germinating

Wow - looks like you're on track for a great harvest! Congrats! What did you do differently this time? Did you modify your soil mix?

I totally hear you regarding wanting to share your success virtually. No one knows I grow either. It's a lonely hobby :)

6. Tony Aroma

Thanks, SG.

As I said, the one thing I did different this time was to not screw anything up. I didn't have a ventilation problem, or a heat problem, or a light problem, or forget to turn on my exhaust, or set the timer incorrectly, or use bad soil, or bad ferts, etc.

7. Tony Aroma

Update @ Day 40 of 12/12

Things are slowing down now, and there's no longer a whole lot for me to do. No more stretching, no more tucking and bending to fill out the screen. They are now growing out and not up.

All are very thirsty, needing water about every other day. Especially the Cream Caramel. I noticed this week that its lower leaves, under the screen, were looking very droopy. With all the watering, I was thinking it was over watered. But it just got worse without water. I realized it was more thirsty than I thought, and it was actually getting too dry.

Other than that, all are looking well. You can't really see it in the photos, but lower leaves are starting to turn yellow and fall off. Especially the Cream Caramel which is really starting to turn yellow (is there a trend here?). I'm thinking it might need one last shot of veg ferts, seeing as how we still have a good three weeks to go. I've been feeding them all full-strength bloom ferts every other watering, and they all seem to have no problem with that.

And now, time for some close-ups. Feel free to compare and contrast.

[​IMG]

First, the Critical Jack, the frostiest of the group.

[​IMG]

Next is the Cream Caramel, also a frosty young lady.

[​IMG]

Here's Sadhu.

[​IMG]

And finally the Kandy Kush, the least frosty, least hairy, and most leafy of the bunch. Not that that means anything.

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Your second grow looks like it will for sure weigh more than the first. Looks really good Tony.

Can you describe the smell of the Kandy Kush? Mine had a real strong pepper smell when I first harvested it. As it cures it now smells like fresh ground coffee beans with just a slight hint of pepper thrown in. The high is a nice mellow indica buzz, it just relaxes the hell out of me. When I smoke it I taste slight skunk undertones. It's my favorite smoke from all the outdoor grow I did.

9. Tony Aroma

The Kandy Kush is probably the least fragrant of the group. Except for the Sadhu, none currently have a very distinctive aroma. They all have what I consider to be the generic sweet smell. The Sadhu are a little different with a hint of spice. Scent does tend to come and go during flowering, so we'll see what develops over the next few weeks.

10. Tony Aroma

About Critical Jack

I got the Critical Jack seed as a freebie with my last order, and decided to try it this time based mostly on it being a 9-week strain like the others. I didn't really know much about it, and actually thought it was another indica-dominant strain. I was bumming a bit thinking that I wasn't going to get any daytime smoke from this grow.

Fast forward a few months, and the Critical Jack has turned into the biggest plant of the group, taking up about a fourth of my space with a HUGE number of frosty buds. With flowering well under way, I started noticing its leaves getting very thin and sativa-like, I looked for some info on the strain and was a bit surprised. Turns out Critical Jack is 80% sativa! According to the breeder, it's Jack Herer x Critical+ (Afghani “Bug Bud” x Skunk). Here are some other statements I've found about it from the breeder and others:

• Once sprouted, she goes into a fast and furious grow. TRUE

• They produce strong seedlings which grow into elegant plants with a strong branching system supported by a thin robust stem. TRUE

• This marijuana variety is very resinous - each plant produces loads of bud sites. TRUE

• An explosion of flowers are produced, totally covered with large crystals of resin, in a much shorter period than one would expect with a sativa. TRUE

• Critical Jack is an excellent strain for sativa Haze lovers who want a quick finish and a strong high. WE'LL SEE

So my Critical Jack has gone from an after thought to something I'm very excited about. I'm now very interested in how this CJ is going to turn out.

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  11. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Looking mighty bad ass T-Roma! Here's hoping you harvest no less than 8oz!

:good job:

:bong-2:

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Tony you are killing it man those buds look delicious and sugar coated. Maybe future calender entries. Awesome work for sure.

13. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Nice!

:not-worthy::good job: :bong-2:

14. Tony Aroma

Update @ Day 47 of 12/12

Holy shit!!! That's what I say every time I open my cabinet now. All are seriously filling in like crazy! No doubt this'll be a record yield. I complain about my past grows not being that successful, but they've actually been just about adequate for my needs and then some. I'm going to have the problem of having TOO MUCH this time!

All are still looking pretty good. Lower leaves continue to yellow, still most noticeably on the Critical Jack and Cream Caramel. I gave them a shot of veg ferts this week, and that seems to have slowed the yellowing a bit. More on the Cream Caramel later.

I can't seem to get a good picture showing the size of the colas very well, so here's a shot of the whole group. Because of the tight space, I can't get back too far, which means there are a few Critical Jack and Sadhu buds that are out of the picture on the left and right edges. The dividing lines are my best guess, as it's kind of hard to tell in the picture. In real life it's a bit easier to tell what belongs to whom because the buds look pretty distinctive.

[​IMG]

Here's the frosty Cream Caramel main cola:

[​IMG]

The leaf tips on a few of the larger colas started turning a bit yellow this week, along with losing a lot of it's lower leaves over the past two weeks or so. I've also noticed what you can see on a few of the leaves in lower-left corner of the photo, the edges turning just a bit brownish. I'm using organic ferts, and it seemed to be hungry, so I'm not sure if that is nute burn or some deficiency or what. Any ideas?

On the bright side, the Cream Caramel is actually bigger than I thought. I didn't realize until they started getting bigger that those two buds toward the rear in the group shot belong to the CC. I had thought they belonged to the Critical Jack. Kind of like getting a couple bonus buds!

15. Stinky Green

Stinky Green Germinating

Looking great Tony! I just read a smoke report on Creme Caramel - sounds like a fantastic strain. CJ sounds really interesting too. I'm looking forward to your smoke reports!

As for the yellowing/browning tips ... I'm certainly no expert, but I've come to the conclusion that similar symptoms in my past grows were caused by over-fertilization. Didn't end up affecting my harvest in any significant way though.

16. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

looks like an award winner to me

17. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

looks great, the next few weeks are gonna be fun!

The brown tips on the leafes were probably caused by the veg feed that ya gave them, but its no problem as long as only the tips are affected.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
  18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Totally agreement about running slightly to hot causing the tips to burn.

To pass on a tip that T6 told me, back off base nutes by 20%, should clear that up

This has never effected my total yield, and happens more often than not with me.

Looking really good

19. Tony Aroma

Thanks for the comments on my leaf tips. You're all probably right about my feeding a bit too heavily. Not having any experience with any of these strains (except Sadhu), nor with these new ferts, I was mostly winging it. With organics I feel like I have a bit of a safety margin concerning nute burn. Maybe not as much as I thought. I will adjust accordingly next time I grow the CC (still have a couple of seeds left).

Interesting that the Sadhu, which is a very hardy plant that requires very little feeding, has had no problem with the heavy feeding. Quite the contrary, these girls are going to produce significantly better than previous Sadhu I've grown.

Regardless, this is all a moot point, given the time. With only 2+ weeks to go, I'd only planned on maybe one more feeding this week, then nothing but water and occasional molasses after that.

20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I've noticed the Mandala strains are very adaptable in general. You're killing it this round BTW.