Trichomes up close and personal

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by ducrider, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

After a bit of practice I'm finally getting the hang of this thing. Here's a shot showing the edge of a Lemon Thai sugar leaf at the end of week 5.

[​IMG]

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good picture Duc... and excellent discussion topic too!!!

TOPIC OF THE WEEK AWARD GOES TO DUC!!! One thing our forum needs is some good richome threads cos if you look arond theres not as many as their should be out there in MJ forum world.Excellent thread subject Duc:icon_salut: I love "trichshots". Totally fascdinates me and its a surprise in all my years here at Growkind we have never really had a real decent trich thread.Let this be the place for it man!!:thumbsup:I remember the first time I bought a loupe and an electric magnifier and when I saw my trichs close up,i was like "wow". Truly beautiful and for some reason the trichs wre the most fascinating part of the grow for me.If I grew an indica strain id try keep some till the trichs were fully orange.If I was growing a sativa I would try get the blend of cloudy to amber just right.Its amazing how leaving your trichs to go darker can totally change the stone you get.I harvested a bunch of weed then left a few plants in the grow until the trichs were real orange and when I dried and cured my weed some people actually swore they were two different strains due to the fact the stone and look of the bud was so different.

By the way when you look on other forums you see Trich threads but rarely #trichshots or conversation that goes beyond "harvest when amber" type thing. I had a quick look there and apart from 420magazine and cannabisculture theres not much stuff out there on forums.This would be a great thread to take the rich topic further.

At what stage do GKers harvest? Personally for me ,its ALL about the trichs. Iv included some images of #trichshots to salivate over. Anyone else wanna chime in with their trichshots or advice on when they like to harvest according to the colour of trichs?It is useful stuff for any beginners reading our social media and forum:ebert:

PS:Iv included a great article I just read myself from cannabisculture with the accompanying images:passit:

http://medicalmarijuana.com/experts/expert/title.cfm?artID=140

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Some Sweet "TrichShot" videos:cool:

[YOUTUBE]RsnpG5R6u0Y[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X87b8n644Q8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]er2Giw26ZUo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8S2A76hjm3w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3SmrASuzWxg[/YOUTUBE]

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Nice thread duc. We need more stuff like this. Is that scope the thing you got that attaches to your phone? I personally like to harvest when the trichomes are about 80 percent cloudy and are starting to go amber. I do this because I like a more indica type high, don't really care for "zippy" weed too much.

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

well golly gee, I like an award as much as the next guy TA but in all honesty it was your post that deserves the award all I did was take picture & share.:jj: You're correct though we don't have many posts strictly concerning Trichomes and particularly one showcasing pics from the membership.

Right you are MG I used the scope I picked up from Amazon that attaches to my phone. It was cheap which is good because it's not exactly what I'd call a quality product but it does get the job done. If anyone else is interested in something for basic pics CLICK away.

As for my preferred harvest time I try to get them down when the trichomes are only 10% amber for more of an up high. sometimes though I do like TA does and harvest 1/2 at say 10% and the second 1/2 4-5 days later. If you're doing the same strain over several runs it's easy to pull a few nugs at different stages so you'll know exactly what to expect on the next run.

cheers

Duc