White Widow/Lemonberry grow!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Nov 2, 2016.

1. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

It allows light to penetrate to lots more bud sites. Within a week you will hardly tell he trimmed them. Doesn't hurt the plants a bit, might even help even out the canopy a little if you do it early enough, but too early means you loose a little of the effect because the leaves grow back too fast.

Increase in chunk yield and decrease in popcorn is the reason. I do it too.

greenthumbwhitethumb likes this.
  2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

They are at 4 weeks of flowering. It been one week since I performed the third week defoliation of fan leaves. There's a lot of growth coming now.

IMG_4869.JPG IMG_4866.JPG

3. Mrgreengenes

One more shot. I love what I do!
    IMG_4907.JPG

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Gorgeous

5. Mrgreengenes

Thanks nippie. :water pipe smoker:

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Nice big buds in there. Is is easier to nake quiso from the trimmings? So you kinda get two trimming for concentrates each round. Thats a plus also eh?

7. Mrgreengenes

JCIO, the trim is faster for sure and pretty much every thing I cut I can process. I get tons of BHO trim or I make oil. It's a win win:stoned-smiley:

8. Mrgreengenes

Good news! We have a new lemon smelling pheno ducrider! We have the original still and another one from seed. Yahoo.
    IMG_4968.JPG

My reaquired Original Lemonberry, lemon smelling pheno.
    IMG_4972.JPG

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. Mrgreengenes

Here the group is at 5 weeks flower. Their looking good!
    IMG_5007.JPG

Max Rockatansky and ResinRubber like this.
  10. Mrgreengenes

11. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Awesome video. Thanks for the tour!

Lots of bud getting light is what I see. Looks like the defoliation didn't hurt them one bit. Do you take off ALL the fan leaves at one shot, or do you do it over a few weeks?

You have def got the trellis height dialed in. Perfectly clean under. Do you do most of the under-trellis trimming before flipping, or after? At the same time as the fan leaf trimming?

I tell ya what boss, I've been watching your moves for ten years now and copying them for the most part. I don't use the same nutrients, nor the same medium. But for certain things I shamelessly copy you as best I can. This is one of them. I think you have to really jump in though to make it work. Half measures avail nothing. I'm thinking for the fan trim if you don't do it near the end of week three the fans just grow back and shade it all again. And if you don't do it enough the ones you leave just get huge and shade stuff.

12. Mrgreengenes

SMC, I remove all the fan leaves in one shot. The day I flip to 12/12 I remove all fan leaves. 3 weeks later I removed all fan leaves that grew back. Easy peasy.
    Your correct for it to work at it full potential you need to have your grow dialed in and commet to doing it right. Its works for large grows and smaller grows.
    Heres a shot just before the lights came on.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    ResinRubber likes this.
  13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice video/ Nice Lemonberrys!

14. Mrgreengenes

Last one till next week.

IMG_5018.JPG

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Serious weight coming off that little table. Be cool to see this in large scale.

16. Mrgreengenes

Honestly Resin it only adds two more steps to the grow. It's worth it!

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Doing the second defoliation on two plants this weekend. It's a little time consuming but not too bad. Can't see any difference yet but it's still early.

18. Mrgreengenes

this Lemonberry plant had the second defoliation done three weeks ago.
    IMG_5044.JPG

Lvstickybud and ResinRubber like this.
  19. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

I can never get over how healthy and happy your plants look!...

Kudos to you MGJ!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  20. Mrgreengenes

Here is the white widow at 6 weeks guys they are a 8 week strain. I'll feed for another ten days then flush for ten days. I'll chop at 9 weeks.
    IMG_5090.JPG

Lvstickybud likes this.