will MJ soil work with tomatoes?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by nippie, Apr 23, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

so I'm going to try and through Resin's soil mix together for some tomatoes

Is there any difference or does someone have a better recipe for tomatoes?

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Tomatoes will love the shit out of it.

3. nippie

Cool, I defer to you guys on soil, was wondering if enough to keep em going was in soil without feeding, or do I still feed?

Not looking for record breakers, that's my pumpkin I have started lol

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Tomatoes go fucking nuts in the easy mix. You growing in the ground or pots? A three gallon pot generally needs nothing more than the soil mix for an entire summer of tomato growing. Biggest thing is watching the H2O. Never. ever, let the soil dry out or your tomaters'll start splitting.

5. nippie

i was planning to use #5 smart pots, kinda worried though it may dry out faster then it should

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Nip I'd skip the smart pots & go with either a 3 or 5 gal bucket for just that reason. I've given smart pots a try for things out on the deck and found the need watering 2-3 times more often then reg flower pots. A warm summer breeze would dry them out in a day!

ResinRubber likes this.
  7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yup, no smart pots. You need a very consistent moisture to not split. Too much, plant wilts and suffers, not enough or have dry/wet cycles and the tomatoes split. The high Ca in the soil mix helps a little.

8. nippie

Well I guess these smart pots will never be used lol. I guess I'll use a 5 gallon bucket. I have a few from hempys that cracked on the bottom that are worthless but would probably work for that.

So what the hell is point of a smart pot? I looked at them and thought they'd dry out to quick but it seems they are made for mj market

9. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

Smart pots work better inside and they work really good outside if they're on the ground to where the Taproot can get through into the soil that will solve your wilting problems