Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q. Why are my leaves yellowing early in flower?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Q. Why are my leaves yellowing early in flower?

    A.

    This can be caused by a few things. to begin with you can possibly be overwatering..check for darkened and brown roots..if you have these, this is most likely the reason why..allow the area to dry out for longer or add more aeration. Another thing it can be, and this is probably usually it when you have healthy roots and still have leaves dieing from the bottom up... You switched from veg to bloom nutes too early. It is best to switch from veg to bloom about 2-3 weeks into flowering. This may cause a bit more stretch, but your leaves will be healthier and your buds will be larger. on the second week of flower, it is best to flush for 1 week with water, then switch to bloom nutes. you can shorten this to as little as 2-3 days also, or not even flush at all. this way you won't lose as many valueable fan leafs/lower branch leafs immaturely.

    Some people clip all the lower growth, that is personal preference. some say it won't bud better with all those leaves or grow as quick..but the truth is they are there to gather as much light as they can and turn it into a useable form..along with store food for later use. sometimes plants will use up the nutrients from lower severely shaded leafs to be used where it is needed. every leaf is necessary near the end for the final stage. and they are also good for having extra left over if you decide to re-veg.
    You think you are right...but you are wrong. Lieing about experience is worse than having no experience. Quality is better than Quantity. In any argument on the internet, once you lose your cool and get angry, you've already lost the battle, and lose all credibility. God is just a figment of your imagination. Time stands still for no one. Poessession is 9/10th's of the law.

  • #2
    no offense, but in other words, THEY NEED MORE NITROGEN!!!

    For the first 2-3 weeks of flowering most plants, including marijuana, go through a 'bolting' stage where they grow like crazy and stretch out. They use a ton of nitrogen in this period and To switch over to bloom ferts early is going to stint your harvest.

    just wanted to re-iderate that in my own words; i agree whole heartedly on the flush between veg and flowering ferts
    think

    Comment


    • #3
      theyre yellow because theyre locked out. they cant assimilate nutes thru the roots and is feeding off itself.
      try a flush.

      Comment


      • #4
        flush and folier feed with epsom salts, go bye the dosage on the box, good stuff
        ime happy the way i am,like a sardine in a can,people taking notes,people in white coats, ime a SICK BOY and theres no cure

        Comment


        • #5
          my plants turn yellow the closer they are to the light. isn't a heat issue. i raised the light so it is between 15 and 22 inches from all tops. not sure if that will resolve my issue, but i'll try adding 2 ml of grow nutes to each bloom feeding through the first 4 weeks, sounds like that should do it.
          if you don't like fire then don't come around, cause i'm about to burn one down

          Comment


          • #6
            maybe this is my problem? i last veg-fertilized about two weeks before flower, then i threw in the flower fertilizer the day i started flowering (i know, my mistake.. this plant is a trooper though, and is still outgrowing the dying leaves)

            every 4-5 days a new bottom fan leaf will get yellow and weak, and eventually fall off, while at the same time, buds are growing and new growth is forming (though i think it should be growing faster) at first i thought i over fertilized so i flushed it out, then i saw some low nitrogen flowering plant photos here and it looked similar, so i sprayed some diluted peter's 20 20 20 on the leaves to see if it would do a quick little repair job, but the bottom leaves looked noticeably worse the next day

            on top of it all, there is a brown tip on the end of a lot of the leaves, which once again leads me to believe that i's over fertilized

            ahhgggg im confused, i think im just gonna wait it out and see how my baby pulls through.. any ideas?
            Back in action again

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by smotpoker
              no offense, but in other words, THEY NEED MORE NITROGEN!!!

              For the first 2-3 weeks of flowering most plants, including marijuana, go through a 'bolting' stage where they grow like crazy and stretch out. They use a ton of nitrogen in this period and To switch over to bloom ferts early is going to stint your harvest.

              just wanted to re-iderate that in my own words; i agree whole heartedly on the flush between veg and flowering ferts
              THANK YOU .............I WAS JUST ABOUT TO AD THAT PEICE OF INFO N THAT WAS IT....LMFAO
              COOL
              ALL GOOD.........
              YEA NO NEED FOR THE ABUNDENT BLOMING AS OF YET...CHILLLLL MY MAN...
              KEEP IT UNDER THE "GROW" NUTES FOR NOW AS YOUR NOTICING THE YELLOWING, OR IFF YOU ARE ADING BLOOM, THEN WATER IT DOWN AS MUCH AS POSS, TO STOP ANY UNHEALTHYNESS E.G, "YELLOWING OF THE LEAVES"!!!!
              PEACE OUT N KEEP GROWING...
              UrBigBuddie..........
              "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

              NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
              BIO-BIZZ
              1: Bio-Bizz GROW
              2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
              3: Bio-Biz Topmax
              4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mbwiseguy
                my plants turn yellow the closer they are to the light. isn't a heat issue. i raised the light so it is between 15 and 22 inches from all tops. not sure if that will resolve my issue, but i'll try adding 2 ml of grow nutes to each bloom feeding through the first 4 weeks, sounds like that should do it.
                Man you should always keep adding your "GROW" nutes as wel as your BLOOM nutes at same time exept when going into "BLOOMING" time, youl need to drop the level of GROW nutes used though , thats all, but use them "BOTH"!!!!! as the plants will totally thrive off of the two nutes that it needs to BLOOM and GROW!!!! all the way to the end!!!
                FOr best results carry this action ouit!!!! and DNT "FORGET" the BUD-BOOSTER too!!!! Start adding it at BLOOM time or a week into it , aswel as the others, as when u do this, the plant/plants WILL LOVE all the PROPER nutes at all the same times n dosages!!!! they will LOVE it
                JUST......follow the nutes dire3ctions and UL be FINE!!!!! totally!!!
                REEMBER....use them ALL,(the nutes that is!!!) and drop the dosage when needed and the plants will go through the roof with delight!!!.........lol
                PEACE OUT!!!!
                UrBigBuddie.......... :D
                "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

                NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
                BIO-BIZZ
                1: Bio-Bizz GROW
                2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
                3: Bio-Biz Topmax
                4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Spuddy
                  maybe this is my problem? i last veg-fertilized about two weeks before flower, then i threw in the flower fertilizer the day i started flowering (i know, my mistake.. this plant is a trooper though, and is still outgrowing the dying leaves)

                  every 4-5 days a new bottom fan leaf will get yellow and weak, and eventually fall off, while at the same time, buds are growing and new growth is forming (though i think it should be growing faster) at first i thought i over fertilized so i flushed it out, then i saw some low nitrogen flowering plant photos here and it looked similar, so i sprayed some diluted peter's 20 20 20 on the leaves to see if it would do a quick little repair job, but the bottom leaves looked noticeably worse the next day

                  on top of it all, there is a brown tip on the end of a lot of the leaves, which once again leads me to believe that i's over fertilized

                  ahhgggg im confused, i think im just gonna wait it out and see how my baby pulls through.. any ideas?
                  they all get yellow n week my man, as thats just the PLANTS process of becoming a bigger plant/s....... it gets rid of the leaves that it doesnt need anymore like the ones at the bottom, and starts to feed off of the rest and as it grows it will continue to do so, but the more green leaves will enlargen more, and then when all is large enough and all leaves are looking all healthy from about,....2 3rds way down to the top, ul be fineee ma amn.... totally as long as they are NOT at the top
                  BUT, iff they are just give em a little "PRUNING" as the plant tries to feed the dead leaves to try n resusitate them back to life(waisting all the nutes that could be going to the good buds or good fan based leaves or nodes, whatever else on it)
                  so, no ned to worry about YELLOWING of the leaves aslong as there NOT the ones at the TOP, or all over!!!!
                  and iff there are some at the top , or top half of plant, prune them, take em off, but be carefull n DNT go crazy PRUNING all the leaves, thinking, oh yes , MORE light getting to the BUDZ or whatever, cos it WILL all happen in time anyway, and time is theee eccence to this JOB of growing MJ plants!!!! ty
                  n ANYTIME FOR HELP,
                  JUST ASK OR PM ME........
                  UrBigBuddie........... :D
                  "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

                  NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
                  BIO-BIZZ
                  1: Bio-Bizz GROW
                  2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
                  3: Bio-Biz Topmax
                  4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    how do you go about fertilizing when the soil that has nutes in it when puting the plant into flower? couldn't you risk fert burn? should you give the soil 3 weeks of just water before feeding it, or does the plant draw enough nutes to cover what is in the soil in addition to what you are puting in the water?

                    thanks

                    URBigBud, thanks for all the clearification

                    still one question: why do the plants that have more light turn yellow faster?
                    if you don't like fire then don't come around, cause i'm about to burn one down

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by UrBigBuddie
                      they all get yellow n week my man, as thats just the PLANTS process of becoming a bigger plant/s....... it gets rid of the leaves that it doesnt need anymore like the ones at the bottom, and starts to feed off of the rest and as it grows it will continue to do so, but the more green leaves will enlargen more, and then when all is large enough and all leaves are looking all healthy from about,....2 3rds way down to the top, ul be fineee ma amn.... totally as long as they are NOT at the top
                      BUT, iff they are just give em a little "PRUNING" as the plant tries to feed the dead leaves to try n resusitate them back to life(waisting all the nutes that could be going to the good buds or good fan based leaves or nodes, whatever else on it)
                      so, no ned to worry about YELLOWING of the leaves aslong as there NOT the ones at the TOP, or all over!!!!
                      and iff there are some at the top , or top half of plant, prune them, take em off, but be carefull n DNT go crazy PRUNING all the leaves, thinking, oh yes , MORE light getting to the BUDZ or whatever, cos it WILL all happen in time anyway, and time is theee eccence to this JOB of growing MJ plants!!!! ty
                      n ANYTIME FOR HELP,
                      JUST ASK OR PM ME........
                      UrBigBuddie........... :D
                      thanks a lot :D

                      i only wish i didnt stunt the growth a bit cause 3 weeks into flower and she's only like a foot and a half tall. its all good though cause a) its my first grow, and b) she's got the sugar everywhere, and some nice looking buds forming
                      Back in action again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mbwiseguy
                        how do you go about fertilizing when the soil that has nutes in it when puting the plant into flower? couldn't you risk fert burn? should you give the soil 3 weeks of just water before feeding it, or does the plant draw enough nutes to cover what is in the soil in addition to what you are puting in the water?

                        thanks

                        URBigBud, thanks for all the clearification

                        still one question: why do the plants that have more light turn yellow faster?
                        Personally ..im a ORGANIC grower(all in all, "always"!!!) and this is a factor ive "never" came accross ever!
                        Thus, leading to the FACT that im using ONLY organic FERTS and top soil with perlite and that's it to be honest!
                        though others suggest differently, everyone has their own preferences on what soil they use ECT- ECT.....
                        But, iff using a soil thats got nutes in it, i personally would use what fertz are in the soil,(seeing/watching how it goes!), then id flush before going to flowering, as its a MUST for goooooood growth and yeild(to flush ONLY when vegging),then id go all out and just start feeding the plant/plants my ORGANIC feed, and see how it all goes " Personally"!!!!! ( all should be well.....
                        Peace Out.....
                        UrBigBuddie.......... :D
                        KEEP GROWING MA MAN.
                        P.S, bassically, the lighting is alllll down to the spectrums of light it gives off, and the higher a wattage=usually a more higher spectrum of these lights im talking about, which allows the light to help the whole plant grow at a quicker and fuller rate of growth as the MORE spectrum of lighting one has, the MORE abundant growth and BLOOM you will have!!! (the spectrums are bassically the lighting colours that a plant needs all the way through its growing cycles, from seed, to plant, to flowering, to finishing off with an abundant bloom, "for a terific SMOKEEEEEEEE"!!!!!!!

                        ANYTIME ma man......
                        UrBigBuddie..........
                        Last edited by UrBigBuddie; 09-05-2006, 05:15 AM.
                        "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

                        NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
                        BIO-BIZZ
                        1: Bio-Bizz GROW
                        2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
                        3: Bio-Biz Topmax
                        4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i see someone found the caps button

                          If you do see yellowin leaves all over....DONT CLIP THEM. Thats bad advice. If there are fan leaves blockin some budsites, tuck and fold them out of the way.

                          If you have leaves yellowing all over its either locked out from salt build up....or its just hungry- BUT NEVER CLIP LEAVES. That will only be adding to the problem making the plant even hungrier for nutrition.

                          MBwiseguy: if the plant is showing signs of hunger- then you need to feed.

                          some plants just eat up nutes- some soils suck= different feeding times for every plant/grow. it could be under three weeks if its shitty soil with lots of perlite....it could be over a month if the soils solid with tons of amdaments.

                          nute info= FAQ

                          plants that get more INTENSITY and LUMENS (not spectrum) burn through nutes faster....causing yellowing showing signs of hunger. the more INTENSITY/LUMENS= more growth= more nutes needed....quicker.
                          Last edited by trillions of atoms; 09-05-2006, 08:09 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            of course there gunna loose leaves..... they will start to look yellow like these-



                            but you dont want to cut on your plant is what im getting at....unless the tips of the leaves are crumbling to brown would i cut them....and even then i wouldnt cut any alive foilage- the leaves will use as much nutes as they can out of the leaf and shed it naturally.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X