Fox Farms Cha Ching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Farms Cha Ching

it is rated 9-50-10 and i just picked some up...

Who all has used it? it is primarily used to increase essential oils and fragrances halfway to the end of flowering? I'd love some feedback, positive or negative. The stuff is SUPER concentrated. I was reading an advanced nutrients article because i was going to pick up some hammerhead...but then i couldn't find any literature in the advanced stuff about their own product hammerhead...it talked about big bud...but hammerhead looked like a beefed up product of big bud, plus BB could only be used during weeks 2-4 of the flower phase...so I got the cha ching instead. Also the article talked about how other companies flower nutes use twice as much phosphorus as potassium, even though the plants needs are totally different. Sure enough I looked at my fox farms bloom feed and it was 2-8-4...is this a marketing ploy by advanced or do other companies really have it wrong? Everyone says advances is the best, but I don't go off of a name. Is Advanced far superior to FF? Am i falling for a pretty picture and bright ink? Thanks.
    Marijuana=love
    Love=happiness
    Happiness is key

Its good stuff. Expensive but it works as it says. Did you pick up the open sesame and beastie bloom? If you haven't yet and plan too get the smallest containers of those. They are barely used compared to the cha-ching.
    My only gripe with fox farms is how much big bloom some one has to use. Just ridiculous really.

Comment

Big bloom

hmm...

what really is the point of the big bloom? I have the tiger bloom with trace elements...all that I'd need I think? Then I will be using the cha ching to increase oils and resins and smell...which i believe is exactly what the big bloom claims? What's the deal with the BB?

No I did not pick up the Open sesame because i hear it runs really hot...and I just don;t think I need it, honestly. I feel that would be the bigger gimmick out of the three. I think my tiger bloom and this cha ching will treat me very well.
      Marijuana=love
      Love=happiness
      Happiness is key

Comment

When I ran fox farms I used there feeding chart to the t and had decent results. So I can't say what products are bs and which ones are not. I dont use them at all anymore because of the total cost of a grow using their products is too high when I can use other products cheaper and get better results.

Comment

What products do you use now?
          Marijuana=love
          Love=happiness
          Happiness is key

Comment

I can tell you that my first grow has been a nute nightmare. First mistake I used MG soil. Then on top of that I was having to play a weekly guessing game with my plants and FF nuts. It is nuts how much of the big bloom you have to use like he said. 4 TBS per gallon compared to their big grow which is like 1 or 2 TSP atwhich you have to use at half strength most of veg cycle. I plan on using the rest up and moving onto something less expensive.
            “When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” -Obama

Comment

What's your medium Nugg?
              I've used the FF line in soil with great results. I've also used it hydro with disastrous results. And I say do NOT use it to the "T" per schedule unless you like nute burn. Be especially carefull with that Cha-Ching. That shit's HOT!!!

Retiree
              Who says you only grow when you're a kid?

Comment

Don't waste your money. I used Botanicare's SWEET for awhile and I saw no difference.
                I use 30 mil. (2 TBS) Grow and 45 (3) Bloom. For what I'm growin', that's about right.
                Find a good nute, but don't go for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by nuggnester
                  hmm...

what really is the point of the big bloom? I have the tiger bloom with trace elements...all that I'd need I think? Then I will be using the cha ching to increase oils and resins and smell...which i believe is exactly what the big bloom claims? What's the deal with the BB?

No I did not pick up the Open sesame because i hear it runs really hot...and I just don;t think I need it, honestly. I feel that would be the bigger gimmick out of the three. I think my tiger bloom and this cha ching will treat me very well.
                  I've never used any FF products, os clearly, I dont have a clue. All I do have is a generalized piss-off at the company. Im offended by their psychedelic, Day-glo packaging, their cutesy-wutsey stoner names. It's all too painfully clear they make their products to sell to people who grow MJ....and that the underlying notion is, "They're gonna sell their weed and make LOTS of money, so let's GET SOME OF IT." I get the impression they see us as dumb stoners who'll buy anything in a bright bottle. The only "Cha-Ching" I hear is the cash register closing after I spend my bucks. I wont buy their stuff because they piss me off.

That being said, it probably works as well as any other bud booster. I just changed from Botanicare to Canna Substra. Their bud booster is called "PK 13-14. A liter was 22 bucks You use it for one week during flowering, 6ml/gal. It's 0-10-11.

WRF, who knows.

Dix

Comment

I use Fox farms complete nutes for my soil grows. I like it. It has great results. I usually end up going close to full strength. Some nute burn was happening when I was using MG soil, which I also had good resul;ts with, but it was mostly late in flower so it was close to flushing anyways. I'm on my way to doing all DWC so my nutes are changing to GH. And now Useless was giving some advice about using the Flora Nova series for soil so when I do more soil, I'll be rocking the Flora Nova. Can't go wrong listening to Useless's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by retiree
                      What's your medium Nugg?
                      I've used the FF line in soil with great results. I've also used it hydro with disastrous results. And I say do NOT use it to the "T" per schedule unless you like nute burn. Be especially carefull with that Cha-Ching. That shit's HOT!!!

Retiree
                      Just to clarify I was using the feeding chart NOT the instructions on the bottle. The bottle instructions are way too hot but the feeding chart is actually pretty good.

Comment

I'm with Dixie, most hydro products seem to be clearly marketed for MJ growers, which isn't a bad thing in itself. The bad shit's paying so much damn money for the flair on the packaging.
                        I'll give credit to FF for having a relatively non-stoner image.. but still not cheap.

Anything with Canna in the name is pretty obvious what it's intended for though.

Like others said, don't use full strength. Start out at about 1/4 strength and work it up carefully. Not my experience, just what I've read here.
                        Cannabis is the medicine of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior
                          I'm with Dixie, most hydro products seem to be clearly marketed for MJ growers, which isn't a bad thing in itself. The bad shit's paying so much damn money for the flair on the packaging.
                          I'll give credit to FF for having a relatively non-stoner image.. but still not cheap.

Anything with Canna in the name is pretty obvious what it's intended for though.

Like others said, don't use full strength. Start out at about 1/4 strength and work it up carefully. Not my experience, just what I've read here.
                          True, dat. I want to buy a product that's made for the requirements of the plant I grow. It's kind of the same difference as buying Count Chocula or Special K. They're both breakfast cereals....but one is for grownups.

Dixie

Comment

Sigh...

I'm in a slightly aggravated mood after a double shift so I'll jump into this pile of shit.

Dixie, do you enjoy talking nonsense? Do you enjoy directly contradicting yourself within seconds?

"im offended by their psychedelic, Day-glo packaging, their cutesy-wutsey stoner names. It's all too painfully clear they make their products to sell to people who grow MJ....and that the underlying notion is, "They're gonna sell their weed and make LOTS of money, so let's GET SOME OF IT."

Because "CANNA" isn't as OBVIOUS of a name that they could possibly get away with security wise before the company would be shut down? I guarentee you your companies nutes markets more towards MJ growers than FF.

"I get the impression they see us as dumb stoners who'll buy anything in a bright bottle. The only "Cha-Ching" I hear is the cash register closing after I spend my bucks. I wont buy their stuff because they piss me off."

"That being said, it probably works as well as any other bud booster. I just changed from Botanicare to Canna Substra. Their bud booster is called "PK 13-14. A liter was 22 bucks You use it for one week during flowering, 6ml/gal. It's 0-10-11."

So you bitch about money, yet you bought a 25 dollar bottle of stuff you use for ONE week during flower? Seriously? I bought a 15 dollar bottle I use every other week during flower. Who comes out on top in this equation? Are you going to use a whole liter before it goes bad? Better hurry. You've been had.

Most Nutes are clearly labeled for mj growers because that's how they make their money. I can't possibly understand how you could bitch about this. Your "canna" would never have been bought by you had you not seen it in the hydro mag, or your local shop, or had it not been named something sketchily similar to Cannabis. Do you want high quality nutes at your disposal? Pretty sure you want them marketing to us.

"True, dat. I want to buy a product that's made for the requirements of the plant I grow. It's kind of the same difference as buying Count Chocula or Special K. They're both breakfast cereals....but one is for grownups."

first off, true dat? You're 60. You're a "grown-up." I have no clue what the following statement means btw...? So you're saying your cheap liter of CANNA nutes are superior to fox farms? Maybe it is. I doubt it. Where is your legitimate proof or hypothesis? Once again you had/have NO CLUE what you were/are talking about yet you have managed two posts in my thread. Unless you have something CONCRETE to provide, stop polluting this thread. Keep the breakfast cereal analogies out, too. It frustrates me when you spew this stuff and other beginners could read it. I was extremely impressionable as a newb and thank god I was steered in the right directions. Stop with the assumptions. I'm seeking facts, not opinions. Now hopefully I didn't ruin the mood of this thread. Just needed to get that out.

I'm sorry you think I'm a kid because I use FF nutrients (i caught your underlying message.) I got a good laugh out of that one. What do you think about Advanced, Dixie? What are your experienced thoughts on that? Crazy pictures...most expensive nute out there...but the name doesn't lean towards marijuana growing, so it probably doesn;t grow MJ as well as other stuff, right? Also with regards to Fox farms stoner image...it's a picture of a big ass tomato and a fox in a field...about as earthy/non stoner as it gets. Once again the whole point of why you replied does NOT even make sense. It's bright and they use a wide color spectrum. That's your argument. Oh and it's expensive. Not near as bad as something you use for 10% of flower, like your 25 dollar bottle of canna suplement.

Next time you reply to a thread seeking legitimate information, don't start it with "I've never used any FF products, os clearly, I dont have a clue." When you then continue with a bunch of bullshit, it does not instill faith.
                            Marijuana=love
                            Love=happiness
                            Happiness is key

Comment

I dont give a crap what any of yinz say......ROFL!

I been using FF 3part for 4 years in my SOIL grows

And I'll bet my entire setup that my FOX FARM soil grows will out YIELD 90% of the nay-sayers who keep ripping them!

Heres a growing fact!......you have to USE said product for SEVERAL runs with the same strains, same conditions to even BEGIN to understand how it works and how, most of the time, the GROWER is screwing it up.......Im sorry but #$&^&^%^%&* is a huge example of this, he/she hates everything cuz it dont work.....?!?! hmmm....changed things around 10 times, 30 differant bottles.....but only has 1-2 MAYBE 3 grows completed

I love how nothing ever works for anyone.....yet its invented, created and sold and works GREAT for everyone BUT them

Comical at best
                              Lifes a garden, dig it....then..plant it, grow it, dry it....roll it up and smoke that shit!!!

MOMS :
                              Dabney Blue
                              White Rhino
                              Blue Dream
                              Gorilla Glue #4

Comment

Working...
                              X