soil mix for outdoor grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soil mix for outdoor grow

I want to know what a good soil mix would be to plant in if i add all the fertilizers and whatnot seperately after a couple weeks from planting.
    I am thinking of: 2/3 organic potting soil
    1/3 perlite
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas?

Comment

your mix sounds good i've heard perlite is good to mix with the soil, to keep the soil loose. as they like.
      i used just topsoil in my first spot and plants are looking good but growing slow, as i intended using thick soil.
      2nd and 3rd spots are looking great so far and im using just plain soil from the earth!
      710 > 420

Comment

alright thx man. Hey does anybody know peat moss's PH?

Comment

i just took a hoe and a pick axe and work up some soil in my yard,which has had plenty of oak leafs and other arangement of leafs broken into the soil (lawn is never taken care of toooooooooooooo biggggggg ),and ofcourse i keep compost piles that works real good if you add it to the soil,but i dident add much other stuff and it works great,same thing im using this year
          "They can take your money, your house, and even the clothes on your back. But they cannot take what you know. So Learn. Learn everything." - Eugene Schoenfeld

Comment

i use 1 potting soil, 1 compost soil, 1/2 clay mud, 1/2 soil from garden, 1/2 - 1 sand... sand keeps soil airy, clay thing keeps soil firm... i want to use perlite but i hav no idea what it is because here in spai it is called differently and i dunno wat to ask or luk 4 :S!!!

Comment

My mix

1/2 MG Potting soil and 1/2 My super dirt from my compost pile. Add Peace of Mind all purpose fert every two to three weeks. Then BAM!!!!:D
              Kathmandu

Comment

I always go with 1/3 black top soil from outside, 1/3 Compost (compost is a must if you ask me), and 1/3 Peat Moss, and usually a couple handfulls perlite for good drainage. Add fertilizer as needed.

Comment

using organic soil is pointless if ur gonna use chemecal fertilizer.making good soil is kinda costly! dig a big hole if u want big results.1/2 organic garden mix, 1/2 shit from the barn(cow, horse goat chicken exc.)1/3 perlite,1/3 bone meal, 1/3 potash.also add b1 vitamins ,magnesium and lime.also use a bit of blood meal depending on the amount of shit in ur soil. I PROMISE this will grow the fn cronic outside every time.i buy all these organic fertilizers at the local feed and seed store.gl
                  IVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT OF GOOD WOMEN, AND SHOOK OL JIM BEAMS HAND.
                  IF I NEVER SEE THE PEARLY GATES, IVE WALKED THROUGH THE PROMISE LAND.
                  IF HEAVEN AINT ALOT LIKE DIXIE, I DONT WANNA GO....

HANKWILLIAMS JR.

Comment

iVE NEVER HEARD OF BLOODMEAL BEING ADDED TO SOIL BEFORE

WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS DO TO THE SOIL

Comment

bloodmeal is plain nitrogen. u can get 8-0-0 or 12-0-0. i use it all the time and it works great!

HANKWILLIAMS JR.

Comment

blood meal is an organic fertilizer that is high in nitrogen. a good addition to the mix would be some fine dolomite lime which will stablize the pH after that you wont have to really worry about the pH, just another thing off your back.

Comment

Originally posted by san2
                          i use 1 potting soil, 1 compost soil, 1/2 clay mud, 1/2 soil from garden, 1/2 - 1 sand... sand keeps soil airy, clay thing keeps soil firm... i want to use perlite but i hav no idea what it is because here in spai it is called differently and i dunno wat to ask or luk 4 :S!!!
                          Look for "expanded volcanic rock." That's what perlite is. It's white and usually about half the size of a pea.

Comment

im preparing my soil tomorrow actually and im just going for mg potting soil and existing soil 50/50 mix

hoping its gonna work well, dont see any problems with it

despite what people say weed will grow weather u want it or not if the conditions arent too harsh

mg has some fertilizers for 3 months and i think its gonna be enough with just watering and the soil thats there

any thoughs?

Comment

Ur Absolutely Right Weeds Will Grow, But Good Weed Takes A Little Tlc. I Gave A Ruff Mix Earier In Tis Tread,that Works Pretty Good,but My Soil Is A Bit More Costly Than What That Will Cost Ya. Most Mg Soil Is .20-.07-.14, Wich Is Way To Weak In P And K Imo. If Ur Gonna Use Mg, < Perlite, Phospherus And Potassium Are A Must. Mg Has Enough N For Veg, But Ur Buds Wont Be Potent As They Could Be If U Spend A Little Money And Time To Prepare Good Soil.

HANKWILLIAMS JR.

Comment

Working...
                              X