cold weather strains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather strains

i met this guy in switzerland who said they grew way up at high altitude in the mountains in cold weather. does anyone know of any strains anywhere that would grow in not extreme cold, but beat regular frosting during their lifetime?
    Be Kind. Grow Kind.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing.....first off plants bloom when they are in WARM/HOT weather......frost will kill a plant flowering.
    I think he is pulling your leg on this one..... The only way I can see where they had success is if they were in cold temps(which would slow up the growth process) but also never subjected to frost conditions.

Peace~Jersey
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sing and Dance, like no one is watching!! Oh and fire one up too..

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… :new_color_: :new_color_:
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good girls go to heaven.....RedHeads go anywhere they want!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyGirl
      I have NEVER heard of such a thing.....first off plants bloom when they are in WARM/HOT weather......frost will kill a plant flowering.
      I think he is pulling your leg on this one..... The only way I can see where they had success is if they were in cold temps(which would slow up the growth process) but also never subjected to frost conditions.

Peace~Jersey
      SORRY!!!!, BUT PLANTS GROW , WHEREVER THEYVE ADAPTED TO NOT JUST IN WARMER CLIMATES EITHER, AND IVE HEARD THAT TOO MA MAN........
      PEACE OUT!!!
      UrBigBuddie........... :D
      "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
      BIO-BIZZ
      1: Bio-Bizz GROW
      2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
      3: Bio-Biz Topmax
      4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

Comment

LOL ...well first off I am a girl but anywhos.....
        I can see a plant adapting to colder climates.....but to actually flower in temps that produce frost and snow?? Then I wanna see a pic of this particular strain flowering in the cold with frost. :D

Peace~Jersey

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… :new_color_: :new_color_:
        ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

if i had one i would post it for ya, lady in the land of Kevin Smith. but i have never been to switzerland or seen one for that matter.
          Be Kind. Grow Kind.

Comment

Hmmmm maybe I will google this as I am a "curious one" by nature! If it is true...pretty damn cool!

Peace ~JG

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

well, there is a strain of cannabis rudarelis that naturally grows specifically on the east side of mt. taygetos in greece, that survives in 40-60 degree weather annually, they grow like dandelions on the side of the mountain ussually never exeeding a foot, and they turn purple late in life
              producing one very dense top bud
              there are many storys about medicine men, and psychic's who smoked these plants to hear the voices of a lost spirits.

Comment

I'm from Switzerland and I see plants grown in the Mountains all the time. They are usually grown in or near mountain towns, and not really up in the mountians, at these lower elevations it doesn't get too cold till early to mid-October, but higher up it would get cold sooner.

There is an outdoor strain called Stupersonic that is supposed to withstand really cold temps. Check last year's Pot Shots of mid to late September, and look for "Outdoor Backyard Grow", amazing stuff.

Stupersonic X Choc. Chunk by Danno

Comment

Yah Link.....I know all about the "Chunk" and YUMMY is all I can say!! My best frd & grow buddy and I grew Choco Chunk indoors...never outdoors tho. Tho we did not have the supersonic....so you may be right.
                  Anywhos...pretty cool that there are strains that can withstand the cold temps. My bad...I thought he meant below freezing temps>>which is why I was inquiring.

Peace~Jersey

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by 420
                    well, there is a strain of cannabis rudarelis that naturally grows specifically on the east side of mt. taygetos in greece, that survives in 40-60 degree weather annually, they grow like dandelions on the side of the mountain ussually never exeeding a foot, and they turn purple late in life
                    producing one very dense top bud
                    there are many storys about medicine men, and psychic's who smoked these plants to hear the voices of a lost spirits.
                    Isn't cannabis rudarelis like an extreme dirt weed that barely has any thc compared to sativa and Indica?
                    stay up^^

Comment

well, sometimes the ruderelis strain can be a lil on the shwagg side of cannabis, but like any other plant, it depends on the enviroment. ruderelis can sometimes be higher in thc than some sativas or indicas, but again it all relys on the genetics and the enviroment.

Comment

Again ...NOT to be a nudge>>>but no one has answered me yet on "frost conditions" and snow??? I can see cold temps....but what about freezing temps??? That is what I thought he meant in his first post??
                        Maybe I am a stoner and did not understand his original post and some of the other member's???

Peace~Jersey

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

cranberries flower AND bear fruit whlie surrounded by snow. i live in alaska, ive seen it.

i have no input as to the pot side of that though

Happy Growin'
                          read every post in the faq ull need to eventually so might as well get it overwith that way ull know what to expect and be prepared for the oopss that come on every single first grow since the dawn of time/miracle grow is composed of slow release chemical nutrients,as the plant starts flowering its need for N drops and need for P increases but the nutes available in the soil remain high in N and low in P and ur plant dies = N Burn

My gallery
                          http://forum.growkind.com/gallery/se...hp?searchid=30

Comment

Originally posted by green goblin
                            cranberries flower AND bear fruit whlie surrounded by snow. i live in alaska, ive seen it.

i have no input as to the pot side of that though

Happy Growin'
                            True that....I have cranberry bogs close to me so yah I see your point.
                            Just never heard of pot growing in snow was all...>>>would love to see a pic if it is true. Would be pretty amazing and sweet!

Peace~JG

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

He was wondering if there are any strains that can withstand frosts. Most plants can withstand frosts, but I've never heard of any strains that can withstand snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X