best time to supercrop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best time to supercrop

is it better to supercrop now, when my plants are about half way thru veg, or later, say, a couple weeks into flower?

..Steve-O

I'm just livin' for the experience

SteveO

I wouldn't damage a plant in flower...

So I suggest in Veg.. And it will be at times and growth you feel is right for your garden.

I have used SC as a control method.

Anyone have more specific info?

Legalize Cannabis in California in 2012! ---* The Greatest Liberty we have is the least of rights we grant to our Citizens.
    Volunteer

Comment

i supercroped mine in veg, and belive me it works as good as they say, ur plants will just explode after u Scrop em.
      i pinched mine a few times about 2 weeks before flower, i wouldn't pinch during flower though.
      as far as i know u can pinch all through veg, every time it heals up pinch again, but be careful the first plant i did i didn't really understand how to crop and did it so hard i toped it.
      its pretty simple really u just squeze the stalk untill u here the tissue crunching, it doesn't take much and don't use your fingernails or ull cut right through it(thas wat i did) then test it, see if you can bend the steam to a 90 deg angle, and if you can u did it right, stand it back up if you want and the next day u should see a big purple bruse where u squezed it. repeat the whole thing once its healed. u can do it again pretty quick, but i waited a week between each time to be safe.
      its sooo worth it stevey boy.
      The text and pictures posted by this user, Oxycotin, are entirely fictional. All pictures of cannabis and cannabis cultivation have been obtained from a jurisdiction in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is entirely legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user, Oxycotin:D

People on the net are fucked up..........damn.

Comment

i couldnt have said it any better. i did same thing and got same results. I highly reccommend it too. just make sure u got the width to do it.
        http://www.growkind.com/marijuana/gardens/1946

Comment

Good Job.

It's on the gardener to judge Where and when,

I used the method to control height on a Scrog.

The results related to the stunting needed but, all the colas on treated shoots were a bit shorter and a bit fatter.
          So I assume that careful and thoughtful treatment will help overall cola development ... But I digress...

Legalize Cannabis in California in 2012! ---* The Greatest Liberty we have is the least of rights we grant to our Citizens.
          Volunteer

Comment

heres new pics of my babies, the big one stretched a lil, but still fills out well. these would be cool to Scrop?

..Steve-O

Comment

I see too many suckers. The pot size doesn't support many branches imo.. I could be wrong but...

Volunteer

Comment

joe what do you mean?

..Steve-O

Comment

I think he's suggesting a bigger pot?
                  The words and photos posted by this member, Halfbreed420, are completely made up. All photos of the evil weed and the devils plant cultivation have been taken from a wonderful place where growing and consuming of the dankest of dank is completely not against the law. All writings are for basic happiness and do not particularly provide the views or beliefs of this user, Halfbreed420.

Comment

You need more pot!

Get it?
                    My Second Grow:
                    http://www.growkind.com/marijuana/gardens/1897/

Comment

I read here that a member accidentally over did it to a young plant and the plant could not support itself. I did the same...broke the stem of my seedling while moving it and it could not support itself, even with a twist tie. The solution in both cases was cutting a straw length wise and use as a cast. Worked like a charm. My seedling is now growing like a weed.
                      Here Comes The Rooster

Comment

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Quote: from Steve O on 11:32 pm on Jan. 27, 2006
                        joe what do you mean?

</div>

Oh pardon I partyed too hard yesterday...

I love lots of root space. So I always vote for a large container.
                        Now people tell me that I over do it on pot size so I could be wrong but, with all the Branching I see there I would cut some off. That's just me I fear too many &quot;sucker&quot; branches( meaning vegetation that draws energy but dosn't return fruit and in this case bud ).
                        But that's about me as a gardener.

So it's just my $0.02 opinion... Take it as a point of view and be the Gardener!

Now where is the asprin?

Volunteer

Comment

i supercropped last night, and the biggest one must have been really healthy cuz it was a healthy crunch, but the stem split a little bit vertically. today when i went in to check on them, it was still bent over, but the wound was healing, so i took a small peice of tin foil and made a thick rectangle about 1/4&quot; wide and about 2 inches long and wrapped it around the wound so it could stand up and heal.

the others i supercropped stood back up nicely and appear to be in good health.

i agree with you, joe, i think if you give the roots all the room they want to grow, you'll have one less thing to worry about. plants like to do w/e they want.

..Steve-O

Comment

i've decided to go with 5gallon buckets from now on, as my last plant got rootbound in my3gal at 35days of flower.
                            ****, i can't wait for next grow im goin all out, but i can't start for a few months
                            The text and pictures posted by this user, Oxycotin, are entirely fictional. All pictures of cannabis and cannabis cultivation have been obtained from a jurisdiction in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is entirely legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user, Oxycotin:D

People on the net are fucked up..........damn.

Comment

You going to have good air in the botton , a layer of rocks and screen over the rocks ( fabric type ) ??

I think 5 gal is a goodly size..

I have 7's here if I need them...
                              Volunteer

Comment

Working...
                              X