X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaves Pointing Upwards

Hi All,

A question:

What does it mean when your leaves point upwards instead of drooping down. I have some plants i have under fluorescant lights, and when i put them really close, the leaves point upwards. If i move them farther away, they droop down again.

Is it a bad sign of something when the leaves point up?

Thanks in advance

Not bad sign!

Originally posted by leaf.eater
    Hi All,

A question:

What does it mean when your leaves point upwards instead of drooping down. I have some plants i have under fluorescant lights, and when i put them really close, the leaves point upwards. If i move them farther away, they droop down again.

Is it a bad sign of something when the leaves point up?

Thanks in advance
    Its NOT a BAD sign, its just the Plant stretching to the lght, or the leaves trying to stretch upward, gathering energy from the lights for growing, and producing its new growth...That's all.......

Are your floro's up high above your plants??? iff so , lower them as close as you can to the TOP's of the Plant's.... and you'l NOT get anywhere as much stretching to the lights, as it will result in a long stretchy tall plant, with not much foliage on it either, so keep em as close as poss to the lights to prevent this happening.

But any of this, that is happening to your plants will NOT effect your plants in a dangerous way at all....

Peace Out,
    UrBigBuddie..........
    "PATIENCE is the ESSENCE to growing KIND BUD"!!!

NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
    BIO-BIZZ
    1: Bio-Bizz GROW
    2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
    3: Bio-Biz Topmax
    4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

Comment

This link has been a great guide for me. It has helped me to identify problems early on.
      http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Enjoy,
      Slugg
      Americans like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to
      the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead
      for an authoritarian system disguised as a Democracy. We pay through
      the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and
      then wonder how all those assholes got in there.
      -Frank Zappa

Comment

Its NOT a BAD sign, its just the Plant stretching to the lght, or the leaves trying to stretch upward, gathering energy from the lights for growing, and producing its new growth...
        And/or they are thirsty.
        Can we ban the word "equivalent" in this forum? Everytime I see it I wanna feed someone a keyboard.

Comment

Jake, based on what your saying, it sounds like the leaves would point up if the plant was far from the light, and droop if it was close. Your saying that hte leaves are pointing upward to collect more light, but for me they point upward when they are very close to the light. Am I misunderstanding you?

My plants point up when they are 1 inch away from the light, and droop when they are 3 inches away.

Thanks for your input Jake, but I'm still confused.

Comment

Are they getting enough water? What is the humidity in your CGE? What kind of floros are you using?
            We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas.

Comment

well as long as you are getting healthy growth, then your plant is perfectly healthy... leaves pointing up= a good thing, droopy leaves = bad thing... keeping your light as close as possible is the best thing for your plants. Just keep the soil moist and they should be fine... and don't let the bulbs touch.

you are worrying over nothing

Comment

leaves up is how ya should keep em

Comment

01-11-2007.......................
                  “Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.” Benjamin Franklin

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way."Christopher Hitchens

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana.” Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

VCSMC

Comment

I'll have some what ever he's smokin

Comment

Working...
                    X