Curing in plastic jars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing in plastic jars

I went to Wallyworld the other day to find those glass jars that have the sealed tops. You know the ones with the metal clips and they have the rubber seal. Anyways...they didnt have any glass ones, they only had plastic ones. I was wondering if they were okay for curing. I have 2 of them...ones about 10'' the others about 8''...I was only asking this because you can smell the bud through the plastic. Is that normal?...thanks!
    (Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by CaptKush are entirely fictional.All Pictures and posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user. )

THE thing is that the bud will absorb some plastic smell....glass is better for everything from beer to bongs.

I won't drink a coca cola unless it's from a glass bottle or fountain

I score mine at the dollar store.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by El Campesino; 01-26-2007, 11:43 AM.
    Balls enough to run.

Comment

mason jars can be found at wal mart in many sizes and they come in a case.. also Big Lots has them too.. they come in cases of 12 and are cheap... glass is best for curing...

Comment

I got these jars at Ikea:

You can get this type (Like Wakenbake just mentioned) at Target I've also seen them at Walgreens. They are the canning jars with the 2-part lids:

Also, you can use Spaghetti Sauce jars. Just make sure you clean them really well.
        AB

Comment

ive got a bunch of mason/canning jars as well, which is what i intend to use, that or some old pasta sauce jars that were cleaned out in the dishwasher (these still have a little rubber seal at the top when they screw in like the mason jars
          "one good thing about music, when it hits you you feel no pain" -bob marley

Comment

Yeah i would only use glass i've tried using those pop top kind like alien bate showed but i swear those things aren't completely air tight. Also plastic isn't really a sealed enviroment things can slowly leak in and out, its kind of hard to see possible just as it is that glass isn't a solid state but a supercooled liquid state of silica just gotta trust me or do some research.
            What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
            http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
            http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!

Comment

Originally posted by skunky
              Yeah i would only use glass i've tried using those pop top kind like alien bate showed but i swear those things aren't completely air tight. .
              Hey Skunky, The ones I have are glass and they are air-tight. I tested it by putting hot water in it and let it cool which created a vacuum. A week later I opened it and you could hear the "whoosh" sound as the air rushed in. Also, there is absolutely no smell when it is sealed up.

Now, those two little ones on the right side of the picture are NOT air-tight. They did not pass my test. In fact, when I had the water in one of them and turned it upside down, the water leaked.
              AB

Comment

mason jars are also available at grocery stores. just look in the "canning" section, near the foil, freezer bags, etc.

Comment

OOPS....I need to make a correction: I bought those over a year ago and when I got them they were not air-tight. I had to double up the rubber gasket around the lid to make them air-tight. I forgot that I did that.

I am sorry for any confusion or trouble I may have caused.

Mary, the supermarket I go to only seems to have those mason jars in the fall and winter. Last summer I was looking for them and they told me to come back in October. BUT they should be there now.
                  AB

Comment

Originally posted by AlienBait
                    OOPS....I need to make a correction: I bought those over a year ago and when I got them they were not air-tight. I had to double up the rubber gasket around the lid to make them air-tight. I forgot that I did that.

I am sorry for any confusion or trouble I may have caused.

Mary, the supermarket I go to only seems to have those mason jars in the fall and winter. Last summer I was looking for them and they told me to come back in October. BUT they should be there now.
                    ok cool cause i was wondering, i knew there was something going on and before i saw thise second follow up post i was just thinking possibly they are old or something. yeah i think the mason jars work the best.

OG breeding FAQs

Strain Lineage List

Comment

Just stop by big lots, they have like 20 glass kerr jars for like 10 bux

Comment

thanks guys...i was looking all over walmart i could only find the plastic and small ones with screw tops...Ill keep looking. YEa i figured the plastic wasnt the best
                        (Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by CaptKush are entirely fictional.All Pictures and posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user. )

Comment

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...n=Custom&ID=27

Here is a place online I just got some from.
                          * Only Users Lose Drugs *

Comment

Growdude, Very good site. Thanks for posting that! I already see a few things I need to get!
                            AB

Comment

Originally posted by CaptKush
                              thanks guys...i was looking all over walmart i could only find the plastic and small ones with screw tops...Ill keep looking. YEa i figured the plastic wasnt the best
                              Hey man look over by where you get the small kitchen appliances, should be over there in they are in a small cardboard flat. You should also see a few things for canning like extra lids.

OG breeding FAQs

Strain Lineage List

Comment

Working...
                              X