Stipules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stipules

The tops of the Stipules on one of my plants are turning brown should i be worried?
    The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures of cannabis and cannabis cultivation have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is entirely 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

no habla espanol....

Comment

Stipules on MJ plants are near the growth tips, trill. Here's what the web's definition of stipules reads:
      in many dicotyledons one of a pair of appendages which start development as outgrowths of the flank of a leaf primordium, often serve to protect the leaves in the bud and mature as leaf-like photosynthetic structures or as spines, scales, etc.
      If those small leaves are turning brown it may not be a good thing, but if you have mistaken the pistils to be stipules then that explains a few things.

I guess we need to know if you mean stipules or pistils.

Comment

dictionary.com gave me the same thing indigo but thanks anyway, i know how to use the search bar.

indigo- if hes not talking about pistols, is growth browning good? we need an expert on it...

if hes talking about pistols then it could be them rubbing up agiants something or touching of the buds by fingers.

Comment

the stipules the lilte green things there are 4 of them at each branch point the tops of the at the 4 and 5th node are turning brown on the tip
          The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures of cannabis and cannabis cultivation have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is entirely 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Comment

Comment

guess your plant is still in veg cause most of mine those this disappear before flowering starts and there is just these round bulges in the internodes, don't worry about it look at your leaves and stalk to tell ya something fuck those stipules.
              What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
              http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
              http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!

Comment

OK, well you did not really answer the question I asked so how about we try some of these possible factors:

What kind of medium are you growing in?
                What is the pH of your medium?
                What is the pH of the water you are giving them?
                What kind of lighting are you using?
                What are the ambient temperatures in the garden?
                How far are your plants from your lights?
                What are you feeding them?

Comment

medium im using soil cfls lights temps around 80 degrees. lights are and inch or two from the plants. im not feeding them anything yet

Comment

could be needing fert- whats the ph dood?

probibly the prob...

Comment

i dont got no ph tester or anything

Comment

then you will continue to have brown dying plants.

Comment

^^
                          word

Comment

ahh they are not dying.

Comment

Maybe not yet, but they will be. The point you're missing is this: Ignoring your ph is about the worst thing you can do. You can't properly identify or treat a problem without knowing your ph. If you read the forums, you'll see that one of the first things anyone asks when trying to help with a problem is "WHAT IS YOUR PH?" There's a reason for that. You can buy an analog tester at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $12. You can find test strips or the test drops for about half as much, but the tester is well worth the money. If you wanna grow good herb, you gotta watch your ph.
                              DAMN, I'M STONED....
                              Knowledge is Power

Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Comment

Working...
                              X