Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light-Green New Growth & Droopy Plants!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light-Green New Growth & Droopy Plants!!

I had some previous probs. I dehydrated them and ultimately burned a some leaves,(more details on my Dehydration post). I gave them a healthy watering, because the soil was bone dry. They seemed to be getting better, then I left for a day. Before I left I watered them again. They didn't really need it, but I didn't know how long I'd be gone for and I didn't want the same thing happening again. I just got back and the plants are droopy. The newer growth is a much lighter green and the soil is still really damp!! What should I do?? Did I over-water? Could this have caused lock-out? Where do I go from here? I could really use some advice. THNX!

PS. I apologize to the staff and administrators if I have over-posted this subject. I am in desperate need of advice and want to get as much help as possible. Plus, you guys ROCK!!
    I don't mow lawns but Im known to cut grass!
    Plus I appreciate all advice and good feedback!
    When it comes to questions, I'll always ask
    won't think of stopping till my girls are BIG n' BAD!

um...

Marijuana=love
    Love=happiness
    Happiness is key

Comment

Let them dry out you probally over watered them .New growth is a little lighter green.-Bud

Comment

Pictures

I'm doin my best to borrow my buddies digital cam. I'll have some pics as soon as I possibly can. In the mean time if any one can give me some advice from the description I gave, it would help a lot! If you have any questions please ask. Thanks again.

Comment

hey man, can u give a lil distription of the growing conditions,
          Nutes,
          Soil Mix
          type of water?
          How old are these plants?
          Mama always said growing bagseed is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get ~

Comment

sounds like stress mate.
            Sometimes when plants are stressed they can take up to 2 weeks to get over it, and this could be some of what is making them droop. if they were bone dry i doubt its over watering, unless you floated them
            Mama always said growing bagseed is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get ~

Comment

floating

Originally posted by cheebamonkey
              sounds like stress mate.
              Sometimes when plants are stressed they can take up to 2 weeks to get over it, and this could be some of what is making them droop. if they were bone dry i doubt its over watering, unless you floated them
              whats floating? Also, I said I gave them a hardy watering when I first saw them bone dry, and then again the next day. They, didn't REALLY need it but I was leaving for over a day and I didn't want the same overheating and dehydrating to happen again. I didn't think that it would be a big deal! I think I thought wrong! If this is the case, do you think they'll revive. They aren't as droopy as before, but their far from where they were!
              -thanks for the advice!

Comment

hey man, can u give a lil distription of the growing conditions,
                Nutes,
                Soil Mix
                type of water?
                How old are these plants?
                I'm just using regular tap water that has fairly low TDS/EC for tap water. I've been keeping the ph of the soil around 6.8-7.0, it's Foxfarm Potting-Mix but I am using a Soil PH tester. They're only a couple of weeks old, but their a dense, stout, indica strain(that WAS comming along nicely). They're in about 4'x4'x4' square starter pots with good drainage. It wasn't untill I stressed shit out of them by dehydrating and burnin' a few leaves AND then probably overwatered them that had any trouble with them. That's what I get for being an idiot. But past has passed! What can I do now? Anything?
                Last edited by slantedsidewaze; 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: wrong face

Comment

Stessed

Shit man, you stressed the hell outta them girls. Just let em dry out some and stay on top of em. Put a fan on em or something. They just like any other female, need lot of attention and care man.
                  Wisdom comes from suffering.

My pain is caused by my pleasure - Godsmack

Comment

It could be your soil mix too , If it doesnt have good amount of vermiculite and perlite. Some soils get almost like mud when wet and the roots suffocate , you need to add a little sand , perlite and vermiculite, or something like that. If the plants are really sick, and lack of ^ is the problem, and you have more seeds, Id scrap them and start fresh, hard to do but , a properly grown seed will fly right by a stunned sick plant.
                    my .02 cents

Comment

It could be your soil mix too
                      What type of mix do you prefer?

Comment

Fox Farms is exellent brand. But some admendments are needed to ensure the soil can breathe. Depending on what you are going to use as a flowering nutrient. Id Use a Ratio around 3 cups of soil, 1 cup of perlite, 1 cup of vermiculite (optional). mix some up at that ratio and wet it, grab a hand full and squeeze it tight and let go. It should break up easily, You just have to play around, untill you find what works for you . Hope this helps !

Comment

what kind of nutrients are you using besides the nutrient in the soil?

Comment

Originally posted by slantedsidewaze
                            What type of mix do you prefer?

Lots of great soil info in this thread

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30942

Comment

Working...
                            X