burnt buds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnt buds

ok so i been workin alot and i wasnt payin attention and i now have 2 buds that got burnt on the tops of the bud from the light being to close, i fixed the issue but the two buds have yellow tops and the hairs ontop are dry and discolored as well as the leaves my question is will these buds continue to grow or becuase the top of the buds are burnt they wont? any advice?
    Nevils haze...strawberry diesel...underdawg og and kong currently

She should be okay

They call weed for a reason. It can take a lot of abuse and keed on going. I had to learn the hard way to. I got greedy and caused some burn on the cola. So I bent it a bit with low stress training. I just tied a string to the top, where I could pulled the cola down on an angle, be careful you dont want it to snap, and anchored the other end of the string to an angled slit I cut in the brim of the pot. It's easy and you'll get a feel for how far she can bend at a time. OR a simpler way, if you have the option, raise the light. Their top should never be closer than 3' from an exposed light. If your plant is completely burnt on the top than I would cut it in hope that I get stoned. If not leave her alone and let her continue on her way to your lungs. Best Wishes!
    - slanted
    I don't mow lawns but Im known to cut grass!
    Plus I appreciate all advice and good feedback!
    When it comes to questions, I'll always ask
    won't think of stopping till my girls are BIG n' BAD!

Comment

you'll be just fine

Just move the light up a little bit...a good guide is to hang a 6" sting on the side of the reflector...that is a good guage as to how close you want to be getting them.
      Marijuana=love
      Love=happiness
      Happiness is key

Comment

3 ft.?!!!
        Or did you mean 3"?

Comment

ok, well should i clip the top bud off and leave the rest of the branch so the few bud sites below it get the most lite?
          Nevils haze...strawberry diesel...underdawg og and kong currently

Comment

hahah

I bet my harvest he meant "
            Marijuana=love
            Love=happiness
            Happiness is key

Comment

Without an actual pic., I would guess: yes. If enough damage is done already, it probably won't get any better. It's only pulling energy to a 'dead' site. Same reason that you want to trim the lower branches, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nuggnester
                I bet my harvest he meant "
                I'm hoping. I figured that it was clerical.
                I'm in a wierd mood tonight.
                Just Ignore Me

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity420
                  ok so i been workin alot and i wasnt payin attention and i now have 2 buds that got burnt on the tops of the bud from the light being to close, i fixed the issue but the two buds have yellow tops and the hairs ontop are dry and discolored as well as the leaves my question is will these buds continue to grow or becuase the top of the buds are burnt they wont? any advice?
                  Not to worry. It happens! I just pinch off the burned tip and the rest of the bud is fine. I smoke the burned part, just to not let it go to waste!

Shit happens...the rest of the bud is fine.

Dixie

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity420
                    ok, well should i clip the top bud off and leave the rest of the branch so the few bud sites below it get the most lite?
                    Well, sure. Might as well clip off what's dead. But again...dont worry! This happens a lot( to me, at least_. The way you know the light is too close is whn you see those crunchy, fry-ass bud tips. So...trim off the dead part, raise the light and dont worry. Remember the plant WANTS to survive, and it doesnt KNOW it hasnt even been pollinated. It wants to make a big ass bud because it "thinks" that bud will be full of seeds...perpetuating the species. Along the path of growing...shit happens. Ive got six plants now in their sixth week of flowering. ONE got burned....but the top inch is all that is ruined. The rest of the stalk is one big fat bud, with a little dry crunchy tip. No big. Budding starts at the top and moves down.

Dixie

Comment

Working...
                    X