Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

baby clones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • baby clones

    i am using a homemade cloner that i made out of a 5 gal bucket and a pump and some spray fittings..u know the kind i am talking about...well lately i have had problems with some of the clones making roots...they get brown on the end thats being strayed....has anyone cut that off to see if the clone will still root...never tried it..just threw them out...but these i want to keep it possible...

    soo
    has anyone tried to cut off the brown on the end of a clone in a spray cloning system and reinstall and try to grow roots on the clone...the top is still nice and green and looks perfect....

    thanks

    ncm

    hope this is clear...
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

  • #2
    Are you just trying to clone in pHed water? does it have some sort of cloning solution added tot he water? If you are not using H202 (hydrogen peroxide) i would consider using about a tsp/gal and see if that helps witht he browning, as I believe it may be some sort of rot beginning (hard to tell without pictures), but the hydrogen peroxide protects roots from rot because of the added oxygen molecule which can either adhere toanother oxygen molecule or fight off harmful organisms in the water!!

    Comment


    • #3
      temps

      Pump heating water
      DOC SAYS ITS OK REALY

      Comment


      • #4
        how much of the tip? if its just the very tip then just leave them, they will take an extra few days to root but the roots will still come out the sides of the stems.

        Comment


        • #5
          Clones

          I know ever one is a fan of the bubblers and what not, but lately it seems more people are having trouble with them than any other methods.

          Whats wrong with old school rockwool? Never loose em and you can almost forgot about them and they still thrive. Seems sometimes KISS seems to be easier and cheaper.

          Sorry NC, not try to jack your thread, but it may be easier just to throw them in RW then you can transplant into what ever you want
          Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......GI Joe


          The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates

          Comment


          • #6
            rooting

            sorry if i gave the wrong impression...i had 11 in the cloner and only 2 where turning brown...on the tip...and yes they are now growing roots out the side ...all have rooted...now...

            for me there is nothing better than the cloner...sorry..i also root by using dirt as well...just in case..i do both..especially with some of my better plants...

            thanks for the help everyone...

            ncm
            Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nippie View Post
              I know ever one is a fan of the bubblers and what not, but lately it seems more people are having trouble with them than any other methods.

              Whats wrong with old school rockwool? Never loose em and you can almost forgot about them and they still thrive. Seems sometimes KISS seems to be easier and cheaper.

              Sorry NC, not try to jack your thread, but it may be easier just to throw them in RW then you can transplant into what ever you want

              I still do rockwool , lose very few and those are usually flowering clones. I do soak all cubes at 6.0 ph for at least 24 hours in a 1 ml per gal rootzone conditioner and 2 ml per gal P-Gold solution , and I have infinitely better luck with plain old Dip-N-Gro than with the fancy root gels sometimes in combination with Root-Tone powder.

              I use the grid inserts for my trays instead of the ones with holes and keep the solution to just under the blocks , the roots reach a bit faster than with the other trays and I'm transplanting only a day or two behind a buddy with an Aero unit with only a 5 -10 percent total loss rate while his is 30 percent.

              Flip side is I have to be around to vent them and mist them if needed a couple of times a day.

              Comment


              • #8
                I use an EZ cloner 30 and out of probably 5,000 clones in the past 2-3 years, maybe 10 didnt make it ....
                Lifes a garden, dig it....then..plant it, grow it, dry it....roll it up and smoke that shit!!!


                MOMS :
                Dabney Blue
                White Rhino
                Blue Dream
                Gorilla Glue #4

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CCrete View Post
                  I use an EZ cloner 30 and out of probably 5,000 clones in the past 2-3 years, maybe 10 didnt make it ....

                  5000 out of a 30 unit in three years. Uh huh. I'll stick my constant 4-6 domes at once , and if it's got a light over the dome there's at least 50 clones in it.

                  No bitch with your method , whatever works for the individual , I just don't see being able to keep up with what I need with the smaller aero units and frankly am much more intrigued with the idea of building my own rather than paying the big retail prices.

                  The drawback is that of course it would take up more space for the same amount of clones , flip side is that it might save a day perhaps as much as three on rooting to transplantable , over a years time that could add up to an extra indoor cycle perhaps.

                  I'm stuck with rockwool anyway for the foreseeable future since I bought ( for me anyway) a massive amount of blocks on sale , even if I do adventure into aerocloning I'll still likely keep a few flats of blocks around.

                  And the difference could be my technique versus his with his Aero unit , I've been cloning blocks for longer than he's been growing. Any tips that you could pass on for him would likely be welcome , I note that you're one of the few I've seen that understands the benefits of hydrogen peroxide in horticulture.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My cloner never shuts off, all i buy is new spray tips every few months, i heard too many heat issues with the 60 and the 120 is to HUGE for my OP.

                    I gift out some of what i dont need and only use the best of the batch, I might not need 30 but I typically run 30 at a time and toss the wimps and keep the monsters.

                    It takes about 7-10 days for the ideal rooting to ocurr for my situations (4-6inch long roots).....then I empty out, fillup with fresh water, add 30ml of H2o2 and about 20ml of bleach, let it run for 24 hours, empty, fill with fresh water again, run it for 2hours, empty again and go back to normal use, I also never add anything to my cloner, just fresh water during the "working" process

                    And Ive built 4-5 diff types of aero cloners, they all sucked in one way or another.....the success rate was ASS, the timing was always variable.....I broke down and bought one and in 6 days I had roots, it changed my game in an instant! Im frugal and smart enough to build 1 but .....they have it figured out to perfectly
                    Lifes a garden, dig it....then..plant it, grow it, dry it....roll it up and smoke that shit!!!


                    MOMS :
                    Dabney Blue
                    White Rhino
                    Blue Dream
                    Gorilla Glue #4

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CCrete View Post
                      My cloner never shuts off, all i buy is new spray tips every few months, i heard too many heat issues with the 60 and the 120 is to HUGE for my OP.

                      I gift out some of what i dont need and only use the best of the batch, I might not need 30 but I typically run 30 at a time and toss the wimps and keep the monsters.

                      It takes about 7-10 days for the ideal rooting to ocurr for my situations (4-6inch long roots).....then I empty out, fillup with fresh water, add 30ml of H2o2 and about 20ml of bleach, let it run for 24 hours, empty, fill with fresh water again, run it for 2hours, empty again and go back to normal use, I also never add anything to my cloner, just fresh water during the "working" process

                      And Ive built 4-5 diff types of aero cloners, they all sucked in one way or another.....the success rate was ASS, the timing was always variable.....I broke down and bought one and in 6 days I had roots, it changed my game in an instant! Im frugal and smart enough to build 1 but .....they have it figured out to perfectly

                      I just was out there taking my readings so I added 'em up , 186 in four trays , and I'll cut another 40 in 2 or 3 days , and you pointed out the heat problem , the pump needs to be outside.

                      I'll build one myself first , I can screw things up cheaper that way and maybe ascertain if it's a viable method for me without the big expense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        rockwool people!!!

                        you can't go wrong, don't water, don't do shit to em but mist once a day.

                        Remove what ever you are using to keep in the moisture in for a little longer each day and in 7-10 days plant that shit.

                        KISS (keep it simple stupid)

                        worse case, you have to remove the plastic around the RW cube due to mold/mildew, this is not an issue. Just remove and keep an eye on how dry it is.

                        You can dip em in water if they are really dry.

                        Build you DYI if you like, but I prefer nice and ez.


                        Also, I don't soak but for maybe an hour or so if that, sometimes 10-15 min in 5.5 water no additives and never have a problem. Sometimes rarely I'll lose one but mainly due to the clone falling out due to me drinking or smoking to much and not putting them in there correctly in the beginning

                        From my experience, the powder roots faster, but the gel keeps the plant healthier (no dropping leaves) for longer. You choice.
                        Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......GI Joe


                        The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X