Grow tents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow tents

Ive decided that they shouldnt be square. My reflector leaves a rectangular foot print so why isnt the tent rectangular.

Ive got a 4 by 4 which i originally put a 600w hps in. After the first round i found that the 600 wasnt anywhere near strong enough. Now i have a 400 and a 600 in there, both with reflectors. Still i find that the foot print doesn't cover the whole floor space.

Im planning to turn both reflectors 90 degrees to spread the foot print out, but i know this still wont cover the entire space and wont supply the watts per square foot i want
    Yeah, I smoke Soapbar with lots of bits of plastic,
    I leaves mine in it cause it tastes fantastic,
    Skunk costs too much, I can’t see the appeal,
    Of smoking Port Rocky, Soapbar or Gold Seal,
    Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,
    Bake it in a cake for your mam as a surprise,
    I smoke Green, and its gone in an instant,
    But Soapbar last, cause it’s fucking consistent!

I agree Skuzz. My gardens are almost always a 2 to 1 margin width vs length. (2x4 or 3x6 ) simply because reflector equipped lamps fill that footprint better. Why not try a vertical lamp to get better use of space in a tent?
    “Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.” Benjamin Franklin

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way."Christopher Hitchens

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana.” Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

VCSMC

Comment

600 + 400 = 1 k in a 4*4 tent = 62.5 watts per square foot

That sounds extremely good, hell anything over 50 is good imo.

Are you sure you are not going to run into a heat issue on this one?

And what kind of reflector are you using? My hoods always did a rectangle foot print....pix?
      Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......GI Joe

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ResinRubber View Post
        I agree Skuzz. My gardens are almost always a 2 to 1 margin width vs length. (2x4 or 3x6 ) simply because reflector equipped lamps fill that footprint better. Why not try a vertical lamp to get better use of space in a tent?

Verticle Cool tube dead in the middle...have seen it done many times, not with two lights though, and a 600 is on the small side for a 4*4 by itself, but I think tents make up for this because it "traps" the light, so the plant gets more than if it were in the middle of the room
        Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......GI Joe

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates

Comment

Vert all the way, lamp shade OFF

I use the lamp shade on and lamp shade off observation........lamp shade OFF always throws more light 10 to 1.......when u use a 'reflector" your bending the light at a minimum and LIGHT DONT BEND!
          Lifes a garden, dig it....then..plant it, grow it, dry it....roll it up and smoke that shit!!!

MOMS :
          Dabney Blue
          White Rhino
          Blue Dream
          Gorilla Glue #4

Comment

Not to mention the glass in a reflector decreases intensity by itself. If you go vert hang the light bare. Just make sure it dont get wet could be ugly....
            just hoping i do it right

Comment

Skuzz, I've noticed that you use the cheapo reflectors in your grows. If you were to invest in a adjust-a-wing combo you will get good and even coverage in the 4X4 tent. I'm sure that vertical is a great solution also, but when people say that 600w is not enough in a 4X4 tent, I say bullshit. A decent reflector and a 600w HPS does the job just fine, speaking from experience

Comment

The theme of my grow is cheap. I aint buying shit

Comment

what's cheap about running an extra 400w HPS?

Comment

Originally posted by link420 View Post
                    what's cheap about running an extra 400w HPS?
                    I already had it lying around. The electric is cheap enough and the extra return is worth it.

Plus only true gangsta's roll with 2 lights per tent

Comment

Skuzz, I've noticed that you use the cheapo reflectors in your grows. If you were to invest in a adjust-a-wing combo you will get good and even coverage in the 4X4 tent. I'm sure that vertical is a great solution also, but when people say that 600w is not enough in a 4X4 tent, I say bullshit. A decent reflector and a 600w HPS does the job just fine, speaking from experience
                      Agreed on this. I've done 600w HPS in a 4x4 tent with great coverage and great yields.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSkuzzi View Post
                        I already had it lying around. The electric is cheap enough and the extra return is worth it.

Plus only true gangsta's roll with 2 lights per tent
                        Alright alright, was just trying to say that a one time investment could save you in the long run. But hell, if you have the extra lights anyways and if you see better results, then go for it.

Comment

I run a 1k in my 4x4 with no issues . Temps are at 75-78 all day long (lights on for 20 hours a day) . Although when I run my bulb at 630 the temps don't go above 72-74. That's with a 22x22 hood

Comment

Alright alright, was just trying to say that a one time investment could save you in the long run. But hell, if you have the extra lights anyways and if you see better results, then go for it.
                            Ive changed the position of the reflectors this run. I think it should push the yield up to abut 20 to 22 oz.

Comment

opcorn-2:-Bud

Comment

Working...
                              X