how to make home made c02??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make home made c02??

Can somebody post up the recipe and instructions on how to make the home made c02 and regulator I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

You can make your own co2 bucket of any size. Choose your bucket size and use this recipe.

For 5 gal. Bucket.

1-5 gal. bucket with a lid. The lid will need a hole for the tubing in the top.
    2-A few feet of rubber tubing.
    3-10 lb. bag of sugar.
    4-4 1/2 gal. r/o water.
    5-a pack of dry brewer's ale yeast.

It's important to be aware that yeast allowed to feed on sugar and deprived of oxygen will produce alcohol as a by product.

Boil the water and add the sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature(must be room temp. or the yeast will be killed). Add the yeast to the bucket and cover with the lid. Insert the tubing into the hole in the lid and run around the top of your plants in your grow room. Poke a hole in the tubing with an awl near the top of each plant and cap the end of the hose. As the yeast feeds on the sugar it will produce co2 that will make it's way up the rubber tube seeping out through the small holes near each plant. co2 is heavier than oxygen and will slowly drop down over your plants.

Be aware that if you're constantly venting your room the co2 will not have a chance to build up to useful levels. This is practical for small grow spaces only.

The yeast may feed for up to 2-3 weeks depending on temps and concentration of sugar in the water.

Regular bakers yeast can also be used but will be slower acting so more yeast may be needed to produce enough co2. Brewer's yeast is faster acting but will not last as long in the bucket.

Good luck.
    Last edited by rasganjah; 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

IMO its not worth it unless ur doin a really small cab. grow or somethin similar. To many factors to go through first to set up proper Co2 with the right temps and shit let alone a nice sealed room to keep the levels high enough. Like i said all in my oppinion tho bro.
      Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user.:
      ^LMMFOA YEAH RIGHT THATS A CROCK OF SHIT HAHA^

Comment

I appreciate the help guys.

Comment

Im srry bro i shouldnt take u away from doin it if i did at all. All u can do is try i guess. Type it into google and ull get a bunch ofthreads about it on ICmag and some other crazy big sites. I hate goin to them sites u get lost within min. bro lol! But yeah man idk give it a try and see what happens its not that expensive.
          Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user.:
          ^LMMFOA YEAH RIGHT THATS A CROCK OF SHIT HAHA^

Comment

Not trying to discourge you at all, but it

Aint worth it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say what I think some of those who do run CO2 say:

Got to have a closed environment.

If you go far enough to have a closed environment, you might as well get the real deal and not a fermentation by-product.

The amount of CO2 being injected into the environment, for how long, and at what point has to be regulated.

Basically, unless you are willing to put the time, research, and money into the CO2 endeavor, it aint worth it.
            “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Siddhartha

"Democracy is rarely secure when preserved just through the barrel of a gun."

No, the best part of waking up IS NOT Foldgers in your cup , but rather the magical drunken leprechaun, Fuhurt, who comes to greet you each morning...."TOP of the mu`rnen to yah, take this pipe and see the golden pot at the end of my rainbow"..."Dude, I don't know where he came from or how he gets in here...but who cares?".

Its NORML to want Freedom

Comment

So basically you are saying that even if I put the hoses around by the top of the plants its still not gonna work? I was planning on building a box so would that sufficient as a enclosed environment? I seen a video on youtube of a guy who was using a 2ltr bottle with the home made c02 mix in it but he didn't have any more videos after that one so I really don't know of his success or non success with that method.

Comment

People do it (though I don't think they are doing much for themselves), but why be willing to commit to all the other aspects except tanks?

Using CO2 requires dialing in a lot of factors is mostly what I am saying, and making toilet wine probably isn't the most efficient way of increasing growth.
                Last edited by LionLoves420; 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM.
                “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Siddhartha

"Democracy is rarely secure when preserved just through the barrel of a gun."

No, the best part of waking up IS NOT Foldgers in your cup , but rather the magical drunken leprechaun, Fuhurt, who comes to greet you each morning...."TOP of the mu`rnen to yah, take this pipe and see the golden pot at the end of my rainbow"..."Dude, I don't know where he came from or how he gets in here...but who cares?".

Its NORML to want Freedom

Comment

Right right I dig it. I was just wanting to maximize my potential for having some good yields from my grow.

Comment

Just increase airflow though the box. More air means more CO2 passing by the plant.
                    CO2 is to Plants as Protein is to Humans.
                    Nutes are to Plants as Vitamins are to Humans.

Comment

correct

Originally posted by Dank Vapor
                      Just increase airflow though the box. More air means more CO2 passing by the plant.
                      i dont use co2 and i do fine kinda hard to complain about six pounds off 2 1,000s ..air flow ots off fresh air
                      DOC SAYS ITS OK REALY

Comment

fuck it, i'ma gonna try it!!..... i'ma mutha-fuckin' scientist!!! ooooOOOO-RA!!

(i think you should do it as well)....make the CO2 drip right on the plants, as CO2 is heavier than air, it will trickle down like heavy smoke.
                        and how much wont matter as i think the concentration will be not toxic, and not earth moving, but might get us some more, weed, or it wont...

but after you try it, you will be able to say either one or the other.

not before.

1)it works, cuz i tried it.
                        2)itz a myth, dont waste yer time.

i cant afford a tank, regulator, switches, monitors, and all that shit. i can however, buy a fuckin' bucket, a 10 lb bag of sugar, and some yeast, mmmk?

the wright brothers didnt start by building a mig., or an F-18fighter jet.
                        they started with a piece of shit i'm off to wally world to buy bucket!
                        Q: Why guns? Why do you need them?

A: My rifle is there to protect my mind, which is my primary weapon. Words and thoughts and ideas, freely and openly expressed, are far more valuable to me, and far more important to our cause, than all of my guns put together. I just have a rifle in case anyone tries to forcibly silence me. stolen from PharmDoc.

.......wow.... put in a way that even the most progressive of gun grabbers can understand......
                        thank you.

Comment

LOL! I already got my stuff tiger! My box is only gonna be 4'x5'x6' so its not that much room and its all gonna be sealed up so yea I'm gonna do it just to see cuz it might make a difference. I know growers have done it before, that's where I got the idea from so yea we'll see what happens...

Comment

besides, i NEVER pass up a chance to make toilet wine

yeah, baby, PRUNO!!!
                            Last edited by NOTthatTIGER; 07-03-2010, 02:24 PM. Reason: we called it PRUNO
                            Q: Why guns? Why do you need them?

A: My rifle is there to protect my mind, which is my primary weapon. Words and thoughts and ideas, freely and openly expressed, are far more valuable to me, and far more important to our cause, than all of my guns put together. I just have a rifle in case anyone tries to forcibly silence me. stolen from PharmDoc.

.......wow.... put in a way that even the most progressive of gun grabbers can understand......
                            thank you.

Comment

GrowFAQ :

Stickydank?s basic CO2 method

**Added by: MedMan**Last edited by: MedMan**Viewed: 757 times

**Rated*by*21*users:*6.42/10

Items Required:

* 10lb. white sugar
                              * 5 gallon clean bucket W/lid
                              * 4 1/2 gallons of water
                              * A piece of toast browned and hard
                              * A table spoon of dry active yeast (for baking bread)

First boil the water, (this will ensure clean water) remove from the heat and add the sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Let cool until water is room temperature (if you don't let it cool down it won't work).

After the sugar water has cooled, float the piece of toast on top of the water. Now, empty the tablespoon of yeast over the toast. After a few days, the yeast will take over the toast and start making bubbles (CO2) in the bucket. After a week, the amount of bubbling (CO2) will increase.

Keep the lid airtight on the bucket. CO2 travels up the dispersion tubing, and due to it being heavier than air, falls directly onto your plants. Timing your exhaust, is essential in maintaining an effective level of CO2.

Editors Note: Unfortunately the author of this contribution has not been able to test the CO2 levels produced using his method. Personally, I would use a CO2 analysis kit to help manage (exhaust timing etc), and maintain, an optimum level of around
                              . This was on Overgrow.com

Comment

Working...
                              X