can I use moldy/mildew buds and trim for hash extraction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I use moldy/mildew buds and trim for hash extraction

I have some popcorn and trim that has some spider mites/mildew.can i use this for any kind of hash?Does the alcohol iso kill mold and mildew?I heard that when bho is filtered fine enough that the mold/mildew is left behind?Can i make cold water if i use 25 micron will any mildew,mold or spider mite leftovers get in my bubble hash.I just dont want to throw all this away?Any advice or other safe methods will really help.Thank YOu

Originally posted by neoublie1987 View Post
    I have some popcorn and trim that has some spider mites/mildew.can i use this for any kind of hash?Does the alcohol iso kill mold and mildew?I heard that when bho is filtered fine enough that the mold/mildew is left behind?Can i make cold water if i use 25 micron will any mildew,mold or spider mite leftovers get in my bubble hash.I just dont want to throw all this away?Any advice or other safe methods will really help.Thank YOu
    Prob should smoke it, but iso should kill the spores. Freeze for 24-48 hours before hash to ensure all is dead.

I dont think the spider mites would be bad as they would get caught in a filter, but the mold would prob. get through.

I defin wouldn't do bubble hash unless you are using the finest bag avail even then I would worry.
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle......GI Joe

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates

Comment

thank you for taking the time to respond.I will try some iso and let you know how it turns out.Im going to do little more studying for bho.Id like to use that process but it is more of hassle.I asked a buddy and he uses coffee filters and exclaims no pests/mildew get through.

Comment

you can bho moldy,pesty,nasty buds....

Comment

Freezing only slows fungus and bacteria.. ISO should leave you with sterile hash

Comment

i thought of doing a quick iso flush after using bho method.i have gotten some beautiful golden bho wax before .using iso gets me dark green or black hash.
            would the iso flush turn the wax darker?

Comment

I've seen no benefits of a iso "rinse" on the BHO. curious about nippies process.

Comment

not my process, I was wondering about it myself.

read about it, never fully tried it.

Comment

how can i see if mold spores got through my filters? i would need a microscope right?

Comment

no, prob wouldn't know what you are looking for.

I would defer to stash on this, if he's says it's ok then more than likely its all good.

I'm thinking you would need around a 20 micron filter to get the spores out, but if there dead you prob wouldn't have troubles anyways.

my first post should say shouldn't but oh well.

I have used iso to collect bho from a pyrex dish before and it turned into almost a iso hash instead of bho. No clue why but there may have a mixture of the two on the plant and the darker charc took over

Comment

Originally posted by neoublie1987 View Post
                      how can i see if mold spores got through my filters? i would need a microscope right?

Yer thinking to hard. Iso or BHO will both return a sterile product. You telling me that if you're looking at a 5 gram hash ball you wouldn't toke it because a sterile spore or bug got through?

BTW...even with a microscope you'd never be able to find a mold spore in a ball of hash.
                      “Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.” Benjamin Franklin

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way."Christopher Hitchens

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana.” Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

VCSMC

Comment

take some steel wool and pack it in the bottom of your tube...all the filter you will need..

Comment

i'm actually interested in the iso purge of bho.

in theory couldn't you make you bho in a bath. then collect it with iso and not have to further heat it since the iso will dissolve everything, let the gasses escape and then you would just need to dry the iso out.

I read it on another site and don't wanna link it unless everyone wants to read.

Sorry not trying to hijack thread

Comment

link it....

Comment

AAaaaaaand
                              Boiling point of butane = -.5 C
                              Boiling point of Isopropyl alcohol = 108 C

So this tells me purging BHO is far easier than purging Isopropyl

Comment

Working...
                              X