Help first grow weird problems. Do you know what this is? HELP Any advice helps

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Doug_xx2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

your plants look pretty good for a first time grow,

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  3. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Thanks! That means a lot but do you have any idea what that damage is? They were much fuller but I had to remove all of these leaves.

Attached Files:

4. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I am not seeing anything major wrong here. plants look healthy.

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  5. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

There is something eating holes in them. IDK if it is bugs, fungus, mold, sickness. I am just trying to figure it out before it gets bad

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

can you put up a pic or two -not macro- but a close up of the leaves ?
    might give more information to us.

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  7. Justcheckingitout

Are you spraying them with anything? Does look like something (bug or fungas) might have chewed a few holes but def doesnt look real bad.

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  8. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Sure I have also included a pic from a couple days ago before I cut all the affected leaves off and a pic of just how many leaves I took off because of this problem 20170404_180846.jpg 20170331_164851.jpg 20170404_180740.jpg 20170331_164851.jpg 20170404_180740.jpg 20170404_180749.jpg 20170404_180756.jpg 20170404_180811.jpg 20170404_180817.jpg 20170404_180825.jpg 20170404_180831.jpg 20170404_180837.jpg 20170404_180846.jpg

9. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

20170404_180923.jpg

10. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

I tried spritzing with epsom salts water (two teaspoons to a gallon) when I first noticed the problem 1.5 weeks ago and it got worse so I did a flush because someone said I might be over feeding and I had a couple white tips on a couple leaves. I have done three waterings with straight balanced water (6.5) in the week and a half since the flush and the couple white tips went away but the problem got worse. I tried spritzing with organic neem oil and organic soap about a week ago. the problem stopped spreading for a minute but then it came back on two plants but on the new growth this time and quite a bit worse. It starts out as very light green spots that get bigger then yellow and then turn brown and necrotic. They then become a full blown hole.

11. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

This should be good air movement (two fans). I have also raised the lights to a little over two feet. Using 300w t5.

12. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Also I have gotten a couple things for bugs. The lady at the hydro store was sure it was thrips. I just can't find a dang one and someone else suggested mites. I am baffled myself as it is my first grow but I thought it prudent to double check before I start spraying pesticide even if it is natural

Attached Files:

13. Justcheckingitout

There is a sticky with pictures of problems and stuff on this fourm at the top. Let me find it and lets take a look. I am sure Mr, Greenjeens and others will see this thread and respond also. Even thou something is going on, your plants still look pretty good bro. But I am sure we can figure it out

P.s. Be careful what the people at the hydro store tell you, like someone said here once, if they knew that much about plants they would be growing for a living.

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  14. Justcheckingitout

Check this out, just to look to see if it might have something similar to give you a reference. Scroll thru the thread, lots of pic to check out while you are waiting for other members here to chime in.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  15. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Doug, OK dont worry. Im glade you came to GK, The spots are from Nutrients dripping on leaves most likely, and now that I can see the whole leaf.
    Some of you whole may be from preves damage to younger leaves. If young leaves are handles while forming and strecthing out the leaf can be damaged.
    The problem is you may not see the damage till the leafe is fully formed. Hers a link for plant problems. great info with pictures too. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
    Dont spray any pesticides!

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  16. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

ty I will check it out

17. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

you think? cause like this looks like fresh eating to me. Ah well I will sleep on it anyway. Nothing is going to happen tonight I am sure. Thank you for the advice. I don't like the idea of pesticides even if it is natural
    20170404_180837.jpg

18. Mrgreengenes

Doug they make theses insect sticky traps. If you have a small insect this will catch them. I use these in my room for the occasional bug that tries to get my plants. They work great.
    IMG_6016.JPG

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  19. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

well that is an interesting thought. I am gonna have to get some of them. I like that idea better than using poison even if it is early in veg
    Thanks

20. Mrgreengenes

No problem Doug. The advantage in using a MJ website for real help verses face book is much more user friendly.

Doug_xx2 likes this.