Spider Mites

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by blazerwill420, Apr 10, 2017.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Ya think? Best laid plans and all that...

IMG_3636.JPG

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Those suckers SUCK!!

blazerwill420 likes this.
  3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That was when I first started messing with cheese krush. Those went in the garbage. It's also why I don't try to really grow anything inside in the summer.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Holy fuckballs!

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Fuckers! Spray those bitches down with a garden hose!

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Do you use the hot shot pest strips? Those are my best friend in veg. Every two weeks I spray with the safe soap. Havent seem a mite in years. I hate those suckers.

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I use them but they don't do much against mites. The mites out here need a flame thrower.

8. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Azamax and no pest strip, knock em out with double whammy and be done with the shit heads.

9. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I've been using predatory Mites. Also Ladybugs on occasion.

10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Someone told me once that since a predatory mites food source was a bad mite they shipped the bad mites with the good ones so the good ones did not die enroute , that's some funny shit right there.

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  11. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

The bad mites don't reproduce as quickly as the predators. They get a hold of things quickly.

I've just added Hypoaspis Miles, which are soil predator mites. They kill Root Gnats, Thrips, and a few others. The cool thing about them is that they help break down leaves that fall onto the soil when there aren't bad bugs around.

12. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I've had "success" with green clean, mixed and sprayed regularly. I don't bomb anymore. That's my only mite defense. I have them every run but can keep them in check without pyrethrum with regular misting up until 2nd week flower. Then only a misting occasionally.

It's a constant problem. I've had mites since DXE gave them to me way back when...:p

13. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

A couple of years before that someone that sold clones to the clubs wanted a mite infested cut of candy kush I had. He said he could handle it. Wiped him out. Today he grows and sells hops.

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

why not hit them, and knock them out? and then scrub everything. But treat every 5 days with a different method so you can kill all of them, even after you think they are gone treat for at least 2 more treatments to ensure everything is gone. do azamax, then bomb, then azamax spray and root drench etc

then hang no pest strips by entrances to stop hitchhikers

15. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This is what I do every fall to my room before any plants go in there. It's worked so far. I'm starting to lose faith in those no pest strips though. I had three in my room over the winter and still got hit with white flies.

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

And another thing, I can't prove it but I'm almost 100 percent certain I got the white flies from one of the dark heart clones because they never showed up until I put the sour d and chem 4 in the room. After I saw them I hit the room with the DE but I was never able to kill them fully because every now and again I'd see one flying.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  17. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

I put small plants and new clones in a garbage can with a few pounds of dry ice [not touching the plants].. After the dry ice sublimes and fills the can, they stay there for 24 hrs... Anything that breaths air is dead....

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Great idea!

19. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's actually a pretty ingenious way to kill the bastards!

20. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

How do the plants like that much CO2?