Disco's Rosin Thread

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Discorilla, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Set-up:
    Smashlab Dual Temp controlled 3x5 Plates with Harbor Frieght 12 Ton Press
    Plates $290
    Press $110
    Total ~$400

[​IMG]

This thread will be edited with photos and such as I go!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Very nice.

3. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

You know I'm watching

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hey! That's just like my shop press.

Discorilla likes this.
  5. Discorilla

It doesn't take anything complex or extravagant!

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok, so whats the step by step process?

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Damn man, might have to go this route. Just found out that Ca is going to start tracking Butane sales. I just went to Amazon to see if I could get around it, Amazon won't ship it to Sacramento.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article149599239.html

"Serna and other supervisors unanimously voted Tuesday to limit the amount of butane that retailers in the county can sell to 600 milliliters, roughly equal to a British pint glass. The ordinance also would require local sellers to log the sale date, quantity and customer information. Residents will only be able to possess 600 milliliters at any given time."

"The Sacramento County ordinance is on track to take effect June 22. It will ban sales of butane over 600 milliliters in Sacramento County, but a three-pack of 300 milliliter cans is available on Amazon for $19.99. The gas can legally be used to refill lighters and power camp stoves.

The ordinance does not restrict the purchase of butane with odor added – the smell lingers in the hash oil, so manufacturers don’t use it."

I actually have a universal refrigerant license that allows me to purchase mass quantities if I want. Last time I tried it though they wanted to do an onsite inspection of my business. Fuck that.

please post up specifics about this method.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  8. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Hey guys new market for illicit butane in sac!!

What is the purpose of the law? my kneejerk reaction is what a bunch of BS. Just going to create a black market.

I know damn well no one making wax commercially out there is going to go oh OK. I'll stop.

What I'm worried about with the rosin is yield. Also in Mrs MoChombo No.5's video she's pressing buds, presumably bone dry. Can you press high quality trim? How do you scale it up from the .15g that chic squirted to getting a zip or better during a production run?

Discorilla likes this.
  9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

It's because of dummies blowing themselves up. they actually compare bho labs/butane sales to psudeo ephedrine sales/crank labs in the article.

10. Discorilla

With Rosin, bone dry nugs actually hurts your yield. I am still working on finding a happy medium, but moisture is a huge helper in this process.

11. Discorilla

It's quite ridiculous that they would start doing something like this with all the other uses that Butane has, but I guess they want to be dicks about it! Washington made it so you can't blast with Butane without a License, and I'd say that's better than limited overall sales of it.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

For commercial production of BHO in legal states I'd expect some kind of specific licensing. It's actually a damn good idea.

From my understanding if you want bigger runs you just need bigger press plates. I'm in on this one after sitting around watching for so long. I quit making clear candies or anything requiring BHO because it's just such a PITA and doesn't conform to my tradition of an organic product line. Winterizing a rosin press with an organic alcohol would allow filtration to remove any parchment residue and capture any plant'y gritty bits. Perfect for my applications.

I've noticed an odd thing around my area. Butane prices have dropped significantly. Now almost every tobacco shop has a two 350ml cans for $10 (or less) or giant 600ml cans for $6. You can't tell me they don't realize what all that 'tane is being used for. Wax/oil prices around here have plummeted too. We're under $50 a gram now and I've seen as low as $35 p/g.

Guess it won't be long before my local LEO calls it an "oil lab epidemic" and asks for more enforcement funds and limits 'tane sales.

13. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I just went to another county and got 2 12 packs of 9x 540ml cans for $120.00. They had no clue what I was talking about when I asked them about it. I'll be going back tomorrow and picking up the master case I ordered. Market share baby!

IMG_4179.JPG

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

And sorry for jacking your thread disco, I'm done now.

15. Discorilla

Lmao! You could have put money towards a decent press instead! :D

blazerwill420 likes this.
  16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'll be able to buy a couple of them when I'm done. Rofl

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  17. Justcheckingitout

So the press....do I take it you just put in material and smash it? I really need to get hooked on phonics.

18. Discorilla

I'll post some more info on it soon. I'm on my last set of finals before graduation, so I've been a little pre-occupied.

You fold your parchment in a particular way to guide the goo as it is squished. You can press material without a filter, but I would recommend using one. Heat, moisture, and pressure are what allow the extraction to take place, though. It's finding the right amounts of the above variables for each strain that you run.

The biggest problem I have run into with my setup above is too much pressure. I have only done 20 or so squishes, so I've still got kinks to work out.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  19. Justcheckingitout

wow, i never heard of that. But hey if it works. I dont have a press but I know some fat chicks. :roflmao:

I can see now where you guys are talking about the % of return. I was thinking that you were putting material in a metal tube with liquid and pressing the liquid thru the material with a round dowl or something of the sort. Prob sounds dumb I know. Other than tumbling, everthing else is rocket pot science to me. But its cool for sure.

So is the press how you got the red/amber goodie goo on that other post?

20. Discorilla

Yes, I pressed that Querkle at 200 degrees with this press.