Own a firearm?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by blazerwill420, Jul 6, 2017.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

The Feds have you on a list. I got a call this morning and when I didn't recognize the number I googled it. It came back to a Federal Firearms List. I scanned it, one of my clients name is on it as having a license. This is some scary shit if you ask me, making a list like this public.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/0116-ffl-list-californiaxlsx/download

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

No shit Sherlock. The Feds and local cops don't track extra-judicial killings by police....but they sure try and know exactly who might shoot back.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

What's even worse is that this guy is a firefighter. As if it could even be any worse.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

One of the reason's I hesitated be fore getting a CCW permit. I don't carry but worked with a lot of guys who did and needed to be legal when they left a weapon in my car. I knew it was a glorified watch list and sooner or later my info would be public. It's a danger to be on the CCW list now....cops get a whiff of you being a legal carrier then they get all nervous and edgy.

In my state we don't have to tell if you have a CCW when pulled over. I didn't last time I was stopped for speeding and the cop saw my Bondsman license then asked about a CCW. He got pissed I didn't tell him about my CCW and said I was risking him and his partner's life. I told him there isn't a weapon in the car so he didn't need to know.

Tell me that cat wouldn't shoot me sooner knowing the possibility of a weapon in the car. Ask Philandro Castile about that.

bigbudztoo and blazerwill420 like this.
  5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

ffls are dealers license, basically they are the only ones allowed to deal in new guns and require doing paperwork on any transaction, you guys may have other lists in california or in certain states (heard they are doing one on ammo out there soon) but there is no national database.

here no lists, no anything, rifle 18 pistol 21 as long as you aint a felony or wanted. if you buy new or from ffl you do paperwork, even that is required to be destroyed. some places give kids a hard time, or they did when I was young about buying handgun ammo even if it was for a carbine, but there wasn't a law against it

we did have a limit of 30 rounds per mag (except .22, those were exempt) but they did away with that law on our last revision i believe. chl (ccw) is required to be given unless they can prove you are a danger in court and everyone is allowed to open carry

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Here all you need is a license to drive or I.D. card to get a gun. When I was in Ma (that's Massachusetts not my mother. Damn stoners) and purchased any type of gun they had you fill out all kinds of paperwork. You needed an FID card (Federal Identification) for rifles and a pistol permit for, well, pistols. (Strange how that works. Lol) I had a license to carry. The paper work was sent to the State Police for record keeping and at the time they were 11 years behind in getting the new guns put into the records. In my state now you can openly carry without a license.

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

8. nippie

9. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Here we can conceal carry / open carry without a license. i don't feel the need to do so (yet) but nice to know I can.

Lvstickybud, blazerwill420 and nippie like this.
  10. nippie

Freedom is fucking awesome

Lvstickybud and blazerwill420 like this.
  11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

yeah bet that baby keeps the crowd from rushing the stage now doesn't it. Lol.

12. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Love my guns, got a couple ar's, a 12 gauge, a 9mm and an old flint lock.
    Michigan i hear is trying to pass the ccw without needing the cpl. I hope that happens.

13. nippie

Do you guys lose your concealed license in michigan if you get medical card?

14. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

No but if you are a patient (caregiver does not apply.) and do not already have the license they will not allow you to get it.
    I have not found out yet if someone who had it already before being a patient will be able to renew it or not though.

15. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Poor Dime bag (guitarist for pantara and hell ya) never had a chance, dude jumped on stage and blasted him in the head, I use to party at the alrosa villa where he got shot, his best friend zack wilde, he carries big shit on stage also. FL

BlazeOne1 likes this.
  16. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I got a full carry concealed permit when I was 20. Really got into guns. I still have a half dozen or so, totally illegal now, wrapped in plastic and packed with cosmoline in the attic. Having kids changed me. I used to steel myself for the kill seeing virtue in stomach. Then I spent ten years focused on the preservation of life more precious than my own, and my zest for killing went by by.

I don't know how I feel about it now. I keep guns the hell away from my op. No need to complicate things if I get a knock, and no way I value money over human life.

ResinRubber likes this.
  17. nippie

Both my wife and i carry, to many dumb asses out there. Our town went to shit a few years ago because of urban renewal, basically they took tge trash from downtown and put it in the burbs so hipsters can have cool bars to drink at.....absolutely destroyed half our county. And then you got these junked out heroin addicts robbing people, its better to be safe than sorry

Not worried about leo saying anything because im not a drug dealer hanging om the corner. But i do work in bad area of the city and we have to have active shooter plans at work.

Plus i like outdoors, my kids target shoot etc.

Tell you whats fucked up, my wife never touched a gun until we got together and i grew up with them. At 18 i was doing trick shots with pistols, now my wife is a better shot than me. I dont know if i should be impressed or embarrassed lol

18. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I tried to buy a 357 in Hawaii when I was 18. Guys says no, you're not old enough (I'm in the army at the time, trained killer and all) but I can sell you this. "This" was an M1 carbine, paratrooper style with a 30 round banana clip. I had the sucker traded to one of the guys on the base for a used 357 about an hour after I bought it. Gun laws are a damn joke.

19. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I grew up hunting in the Everglades. When we moved here in 69 I went hunting and shot a squirrel. When I walked up on it the thing was in the worst death throes. I've never shot another living thing since. But you let some asshat try something up in here.

20. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I used to love to quote True Romance - better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it. But in 45 years on this planet not once have I needed a gun. I don't spend much time in dangerous situations or with large bears.

I think about a home invasion sometimes. Honestly we would be so caught off guard I'd prob not have time to get to guns. I choose not to live on guard.

SirStynkalot likes this.