Defoliation

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Dumme, Jun 2, 2017.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

And they're throwing 25% of their profit out the window doing it.

SirStynkalot and SuperMoChombo like this.
  2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Yeap

You use to be able to tax on a good satty around here, not anymore.

Legal market has surpressed prices so much its hard to think they can go much lower. If you are trying to run a profit its almost shooting yourself in the foot to cut another 25% profit off the year just by adding weeks.

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

People are paying $100.00 a pound around here right now for trim and popcorn for oil. It used to be $300.00/350.00

ResinRubber and SuperMoChombo like this.
  4. ResinRubber

Still around $200 for trim here. But lb's of top shelf are hitting $1600-$2000. :being-confused-smiley-emoticon: Not too long ago it was $3200 all day long. Edibles edibles edibles. That's the only thing saving the day right now.

5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

it is flooded around here, being adjacent to WA. and all the BC bud showing up. Prices are around 160 a zip at street level and QPs of top shelf going around 400. Two years ago it was 2500 a lb all day long for the good stuff

6. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

When MA gets up n running it'll be the same here. Maybe I'll move to Greece where its still illegal. Thailand.

7. nippie

Top shelf is 15 here, still have to be better than cali or mi which is 1k a pop.

Fucking middle man i swear, i hear people still paying 100 a quarter.

Im sure cali is going to kill the market in the entire counrry with in a year or so

Id add, you couldnt get a $1 for any edible here, absolutely no market except college kids, which isnt worth the money, risk, or headache

8. SuperMoChombo

shhhhhh don't say that shit out loud. if we just get our heads far enough into the sand it will all go away. trust me. $4k per pound again, coming soon.

9. ResinRubber

Soccer parents, young professionals, health conscious older folks, and old stoners. Gotta keep a mixed market ya know. Can't give the shit away to young heads.

10. nippie

No one likes em here, like i said no market. Hell bho, hash, etc is worthless here because people around here prefer to smoke a joint.

Its all party favors, birthday stuff like that, nothing you could depend on

11. SuperMoChombo

who knew we needed bottled water 25 years ago. Or little spinning things. I've been working on creating a market. It's an ever changing industry but the under l.ying forces at work are well known and somewhat predictable.

I only know 4 dabbers like me. All the head shops are packed with dabbing gear though. Wtf somebody's doing it.

ResinRubber and SirStynkalot like this.
  12. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Edibles started small and grew consistently in popularity over time in every state that legalized recreational marijuana. They are also way more profitable to make than raw flower or selling hash by weight because you sell edibles by the dose. One gram of low quality BHO/CO2 oil put into Belgian chocolate bars sells for over $150 at retail before taxes (thinking of a specific company here). Same thing for pre-loaded vaporizers but edibles are even more sizzle and less steak.

Here's the list for 2015 - Top 3 most profitable businesses were Livwell, O.penVAPE, and Dixie Elixirs. Most of the top 100 is vertically integrated to some extent but of the standalone businesses that focus on one thing, processors who have some value added have done by far the best. And I know this is from 2015 but I can tell you for certain that the disparity between producers and processors has only grown in the last year and a half.

https://www.cannabisbusinessexecutive.com/2015/11/2015-cbe-100/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  13. ResinRubber

5g medium quality BHO is $250 retail around here. Fifty packs of 80-90mg dose hard candies is $500 retail.

None of my usual folks wanted edibles until I started making them and giving out piles of freebies. That was two years ago. Now edibles are about 40% of my market to the very same people. I'm with SoMoCho, we can create a market.

14. nippie

I may have to look at that

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  15. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Edibles generate more than enough revenue if your product isn't total shit, which most is...

16. SuperMoChombo

What makes me leery or a lot of edibles is I know the cleanliness level of the kitchen's they may come from. Makin them myself, well it's my own filth. I'm not a suit and tie guy anymore and with stuff you eat, well something makes me want that. hair nets are not bad. Nobody likes a burger with a big black curly trailing off your lip. I've got a CL ad up "ISO Young Swedish Naked Bald Girl With Chef Skills"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    ResinRubber and blazerwill420 like this.
  17. SuperMoChombo

me too

18. nippie

Consistant dosing is an issue for me since no testing. Im sure market will appear since edibles are going to be ouahed in our legal market.

Supermo, clean your kitchen:chef:

But it would be nice to make money off that end to make up for what legal market has done to pricing. But like i said, no one is willing to buy, maybe a few freebies to get em hooked.

But i do know some battling cancer, got a bunch of trim waiting for them to say the word to make them some edibles, maybe ill follow a recipe this time instead of seeing how strong i can make them. Ine of my problems is reputation from last brownies, people puked and just wanted it to stop lol, prob a tad bit to strobg

19. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

We just started delving into the edible gig. We have made chocolate, peanut butter cookies and brownies so far. Feedback is mixed but we will keep on plugging away at it. Got a magic butter machine and a ardent lyft decarb unit. First round of chocolate was way too strong and gave an experience I don't care to repeat.

nippie and SuperMoChombo like this.
  20. SuperMoChombo

"Way too strong." Got my attention

blazerwill420 likes this.