Defoliation

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Dumme, Jun 2, 2017.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Way too strong is easy to do. Last time we made edibles my wife had to deive me to work the next day because i still felt drunk even after sleeping it off.

Started out fine, shit eating grin, the room started to spin, not so much fun, havent eaten them since.

Made some brownines for a birthday party...made them twice as strong, even added a bunch of hash, half loved it, the other half still prob wont eat edibles to this day.

What ls a normal batch? Like normal smile high, not drooling in the corner high

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I didn't realize that there was such a thing.
    nippie:"not drooling in the corner high"
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

nippie likes this.
  3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

More than 100 Mgs is going to ruin someone's day if they don't know what to expect. I remember 1500Mgs being close to acid.

nippie likes this.
  4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've had stuff like that, it's not fun. I ate a cookie once and thought my face was melting.

nippie likes this.
  5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This

6. nippie

Speak da english, lb of trim per oound of butter?

7. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

With concentrated oils, you should be able to get 700-900 Mgs of cannabinoids/terpenes per gram of concentrate. It's really hard to give exact figures without testing the oils.

nippie likes this.
  8. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
    The parties all over before it could begin
    In the fetal position, with drool on my chin
    I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

OK now that you mention it I have witnessed though never experienced a few total zeros, and I do recall making brownies and being high 24/7 for how ever long they lasted, and (amazingly) not really loving it.

9. nippie

tthat's the problem with illegal markets.

even here we have the start of a medical program, but it's being held up by not having proper testing labs.

the state doesn't think it's a good idea for me to make brownies, lolol

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Candies. Caramels. Suckers. Energy bars, cookies. In that order of popularity. If you aren't doing candies you won't make $$ with edibles. Candies are king of the edible world. Brownies, cookies, energy bars (oil based products) are low volume sales items. Best butter/oil product for profit is caramels or taffy chews.

My ratio of trim to oil/butter is 1 lb high quality trim to 1.25 lbs butter/oil. That produces a canna oil/butter with 20-24 moderate doses per 1/4 lb of oil/butter. Obviously there's variability due to weed potency, but this serves as a decent general starting point.

Btw...it's a good idea to get used to cooking by weight instead of volume. Ie, 1/2 cup butter = 1/4 lb. Much easier to convert batch sizing and dosing by weight.

But best bang for the buck is BHO/rosin/iso/hash based products so gear up and get yer extract on. Nice thing about edibles is marginal quality extracts turn into high buck return. Nobody sees that shitty color on a bad BHO run or oxidation on your bubble hash when it's in a gummy bear.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  11. nippie

thats actually helpful

i used to go for how strong can you make these things, might try you method instead.

whats going rate for a cookie, candy etc....$5 or so?

ResinRubber likes this.
  12. ResinRubber

$10 retail per dose for candies like gummy bears or hard candies. $5 wholesale. My normal packs of hard candies are 5-8 pieces per bag. I'd take a pic and show you but yesterday a guy bought all 100 packs I made last week.

Consistency is vital to everything. Once folks get the dosing rate they like, they come back again, and again. Mildred likes 1/2 a cookie in the afternoon. Ron digs 3 or 4 pieces of hard candy before his Saturday bike ride. Bobby Smashmouth chokes down 2 caramels and couch surfs every night. Once you're consistent, and folks can rely on that, then they start to dig on edibles.

13. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

You nailsed it RR. Consistent, tasty, and stay away from baked goods. You'd be hard pressed to find a single infused baked good anywhere on CO shelves.

14. Dumme

Dumme Member

Here's a technique I've been developing, similar to lollipopping. I call it the Rose Pruning Technique.

2017-08-25 21.41.31.jpg

ResinRubber likes this.
  15. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Oh yeah, the proofs in the pudding.

ResinRubber likes this.
  16. ResinRubber

That's almost identical to how I prune my plants. About 7-10 days into flower cut out anything that looks like it won't produce a usable nugg. Generally the lower third of the plant. No mature leaves, just entire branches and budsites. Somewhere in Clarke's work he discusses the impact removing mature leaves has on the plant vs removing budsites or branches. His thoughts are more speculation than actual side by side comparison (at least in any of his writing that I'm familiar with).

If anybody is interested I'd be happy to try and find the original info.

This then brings us full circle as to why we trim out lower budsites or branches that won't reach the outer canopy. Light to specific budsites/branches is critical to maturation. Which then again creates the discussion about defoliation and better light to budsites vs efficient overall energy production by the plant.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  17. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Full circle is right.I need a plant that doesn't need to be pruned at all. Plant count goes up, time for pruning goes up. One serious disadvantage to growing in tables is I can't plop a single plant on a counter and trim it. Instead I have to hump over like a giant crab and crane my poor body into all kinds of awkward positions to get my eyes and scissors under the canopy. It not only takes forever but is sometimes painful.

Somebody breed a plant that doesn't grow popcorn please.

Lvstickybud likes this.