Dumme's Aquaponic Adventure.

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Dumme, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Dumme

Dumme Member

Recycling smartpots for my aquaponic-soil-aeroponic garden

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I thought you were making a hat...

Dumme likes this.
  3. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Good to recycle. The fabric looks dirty. Is that OK in auquaponics? Also do the roots grow through the bags? If not, that'll be a small root ball.

4. Dumme

Dumme Member

Yes Sir.A little old dirt wont hurt the fish.

5. SuperMoChombo

6. Dumme

Dumme Member

...and on the same day as well.
    RIP.jpg

7. Dumme

Dumme Member

I'm thinking of changing my swirl into secondary livestock tanks, and then beefing this design up, and giving it a go for my filtration.

Im also thinking of using my 5100gph pump, which currently pushes all my sprinkler heads & filters, and instead just using it to circulate the filtration, then designing fogponics for the remaining 2 rooms in the works, possibly all three.

It's an expensive change in my design, and would take quite a bit of work on my behalf, so I'd love some feedback on it before I make any final decisions. My system works fine, and I don't really need to change, but I like the idea of keeping things fresh, and cutting edge.

I'd no longer be low pressure aeroponics, instead I'd be aquaponic-soil-fogponics
    What do you guys think, should I jump?

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I would think that the fog maker would keep the dehumidifier working overtime.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Using a nebulizer would be cool. No misters to clog. Interesting to see if it works well.

10. SuperMoChombo

Meh. Too fancy. Might be fun as a project but for me I'm always thinking scalability...cant help it. I like her tits though.

BlazeOne likes this.
  11. Dumme

Dumme Member

It might get a little higher, but I like it a bit higher. I already have very large, open fish tanks, and filters in the garden. The current aero chambers are basically sealed, so I'd be retrofitted sealed as well.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. Have a hard time envisioning it in a large scale environment. But you don't see large scale hempy either so every type of growing has it's niche.

13. Dumme

Dumme Member

Aquaponic-fogponics, with soil. …first look (still under construction).

2017-10-15 15.09.29.jpg

2017-10-15 15.10.31.jpg

2017-10-15 15.11.01.jpg
    Fog chamber (roots)

14. Dumme

Dumme Member

New beefy sock filter..

15. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

16. Dumme

Dumme Member

I pump my water into rooms with a 5100gph pump. This filter is in my tank room, within a 1000L ibc tote.

Everything is currently bein switched over to fogponics withing 24in poly culvert, due to snail issues with spray head problems with aeroponic spray heads. Mist makers don't require constant cleaning.

I like the ease of cleaning the smaller socks as needed.

17. Dumme

Dumme Member

Second string of lights is built in row 1, room 3 (fogponics).

2017-10-23 17.01.44.jpg

A quick look at the leaves of my fogponics, and you can see the it looks under watered. This is caused by underdeveloped roots sytem in the new fog system. Recovery time is still unknown, but the new root growth is amazing. The new roots are fuzzy, with much smaller root hairs to collect water & nutrients. I suspect this wouldn't happen if the plants were smaller when entering into this type of system.

2017-10-23 21.47.35.jpg

18. Dumme

Dumme Member

19. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

I may have mist something...

Which fogger you using? And how much root tank volume does it serve?

Keenly Interested
    :pimp:

20. Dumme

Dumme Member

Im using: Screenshot_2017-10-25-19-21-53.png
    from the "house of hydro" for about 32cuft of fog chamber.